Took my CCW class today

Took my CCW class today

This is a discussion on Took my CCW class today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I took my Missouri mandated CCW training today and passed with flying colors. The class was very informative. I think I'm leaning towards the ...

Thread: Took my CCW class today

Took my CCW class today

Well I took my Missouri mandated CCW training today and passed with flying colors. The class was very informative. I think I'm leaning towards the Utah permit but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Congratulations! Good show!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

How many rounds did you have to shoot?

50 is what the law requires and 50 is what I shot.

Same as here i always wonder what people have to shoot in other states i thought owes was pretty simple fire 50 and at least 15 had to hit paper .. Depending where you go you can use 22's

place i tokk my glass was more shooting 200 rounds and a little advanced training and wouldnt let ya use 22

I'm not sure what you get with the MO permit, but check out the New Hampshire non-resident permit; for me it was a great addition of 9 states with a minimum of paperwork and $20. And, it was less than two weeks from the time I dropped it into the mail!

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Showme
    Congratulations. Now get the paper work filed and get on with the wait. Just for what it's worth, my advice is to get the Missouri lic. and than the Utah also to supplement the Mo. if you feel the need. Many people here in Mo. fought long and hard to get the state to enact this law. I just feel we should support those efforts by getting a Lic. from our home state if it is an option. Also I have read that MI, SC, NH, FL, WV will not honor a permit unless it is a resident permit? This is info I got off handgunlaw.us So being covered on both sides would be a good thing. Just some food for thought.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Same as here i always wonder what people have to shoot in other states i thought owes was pretty simple fire 50 and at least 15 had to hit paper .. Depending where you go you can use 22's

place i tokk my glass was more shooting 200 rounds and a little advanced training and wouldnt let ya use 22

Just a little tangent, KY requires 20 rounds fired and 11 hit the target. You can use a .22 if you want. Thought it was pretty easy myself. Got bored around round 10 and started shooting the head and sleeves since they have to count any black "hits."

Congrats on passing your class. Have fun waiting. :P

Correct about FL only recognizing other state's resident permits. But they do recognize quite a few state permits, though.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Way to go showme. Congratulations.
    For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible.

John

When I took my Missouri CCW class we shot 50 for practice and 50 for the official test.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

The official test for Missouri is 20 shots at a distance of 21ft (7 yards) with 15 hitting the paper to qualify and be official shooting at a normal sized target. We shot another 50 with both semi auto's and revolvers, also a requirement. We all used a S&W model 41, 22LR with 2 10rd mags that made it quick and easy.

Our instructor supplied the guns and ammo for the 20rds for qualifing and the other 50rds through wheel gun/'s and semi/'s of your choice, he had many to choose from along with a bonus at the end to shoot his full auto's for a fee that were awesome.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_1
    Showme
    Congratulations. Now get the paper work filed and get on with the wait. Just for what it's worth, my advice is to get the Missouri lic. and than the Utah also to supplement the Mo. if you feel the need. Many people here in Mo. fought long and hard to get the state to enact this law. I just feel we should support those efforts by getting a Lic. from our home state if it is an option. Also I have read that MI, SC, NH, FL, WV will not honor a permit unless it is a resident permit? This is info I got off handgunlaw.us So being covered on both sides would be a good thing. Just some food for thought.
    Mike
    I think I will eventually get my MO CCW, but right now it is a matter of finances. (I don't leave the state much anyways.)

My application is Utah bound!

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Good luck showme. I hope all goes smoothly for you.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links