What are you more likely to forget? Your wallet or CC firearm?

This is a discussion on What are you more likely to forget? Your wallet or CC firearm? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On one or two ocassions in many years, it would be my wallet. The fact that my wallet and gun are on the nightstand together, ...

View Poll Results: What are you more likely to forget? Your wallet or CC gun?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • My wallet

112 80.00%
  • My CC gun

28 20.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you more likely to forget? Your wallet or CC firearm?

On one or two ocassions in many years, it would be my wallet. The fact that my wallet and gun are on the nightstand together, that is highly unlikely.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Neither.

I might choose not to take my gun, but don't forget it, and if I have the gun and no wallet I am in violation of my state laws, so I don't do that either.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I was often inclined to forget my wallet, before I started to carry. But strapping on the gun reminds me to put the wallet (with permit) in my pocket as well. Since I began daily carry, I have yet to leave without both firearm and wallet. Now If I could only remember where I put the keys.........

Neither.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

neither, i make it routine to check that my wallet is in my pocket everytime i stand up. to make sure it hasnt fallen out and get left somewhere. I dont think I could "forget" my CC. the only time i'm not armed is when i choose not to be.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

As for the 'neither' replies... That doesn't apply here. Which are you more likely to forget was the question... whether or not the chance is .00000001%.
    -Kel-Tec P3AT .380 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (summer carry)
    -Kahr PM9 9mm w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (new summer carry)
    -Glock 27 .40 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (winter carry)
    -Taurus PT945 .45 (more or less retired from carry)

Some of us have been carrying for so long that outa sheer habit, that the act of forgetting either one of the two is so unlikely, that the reply of "neither" works more so than a hypothetical answer of one or the other.

No disrespect to the poll or the OP. But I'm sure all the "neither " replies myself included read and understood the question just fine.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Neither for me. Make it a habit. Perform the same functions every day day in and day out...you won't forget if the possibility doesn't exist. Example...when you take off your pants for the day...preload the pants for the following morning and always keep everything in the exact same place every time. Then start following a pattern/schedule of repeating the process every day.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    My wallet. And then I have to high-tail it back home because my ID and CCHL lives in my wallet. Oops! That's why this new wrist-wallet thing makes it so much easier. Some days, I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached. Anyone else have days like that?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by JrFreak View Post
    As for the 'neither' replies... That doesn't apply here. Which are you more likely to forget was the question... whether or not the chance is .00000001%.
    It does apply, the poll is flawed. If you remove the chances by habit forming you can't "forget".

1) I don't disarm when I get home.
    2) I don't take my wallet or keys out of my pockets except to use them or change to a new pair of pants...EVER. I don't leave either on a table or on the floor or in a drawer or anywhere else. Kind of hard to forget if it never leaves the pocket.
    3) When crashing for the night, the pants I was wearing either get folded in half on the floor in the exact same spot next to the bed along with my shoes side by side OR a fresh pair for the next day is prepared/pre-populated with the contents of the previous days pair.

Same goes for the firearm. A habit is formed by placement in the exact same spot and repeated actions each and every time. Once you've done that a few thousand times it's damn near impossible to "forget".

Things like adding things to your carry gun at night help. I ALWAYS have a cell phone for both personal and work use. It's a requirement. There is no exception. So I tend to keep my phone with my carry gun at night. So when I get up the next morning and the habit is to put the preloaded pants back on, next is the cell phone, and since I already got the cell phone, then I now have the carry gun that was sitting right next to it...

What it comes down to is habitual practices. If something so drastic happens as to cause me to change that habit, then there's going to be no "more likely" scenario, because it's going to be an unplanned and unexpected event which could have the outcome of affecting either the wallet or the firearm(ie disaster in the middle of the night which moves the habitual placement of the items{read flood, earthquake, fire, human intervention}).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

More likely to forget the wallet, but I almost always have both or I will leave the weapon in the trunk. (not legal to carry without permit in posession) I do forget my cell phone all the time though. It drives my wife crazy.

My firearm is always on my belt, If I forget my weapon then I'm not wearing my pants. I have forgotten my wallet because I don't carry it in my pants. It is either in my vest or jacket pocket. The only time it is in a pant pocket is if I am wearing cargo shorts. If I am OCing then I don't need my CPL. I usually don't carry my wallet if I don't need my CPL, We don't have a law making it mandetory to carry ID (note: if driving I then have license and CPL).

My wallet

I actually did this last week. Left the house to pickup some sandwiches from Schlotskiez (sic) and after ordering realized I had to go back home to get my wallet. I was armed the entire time
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

My luck I would forget my permit with my wallet and something would happen. So I haven't forgot it yet. (fingers crossed)

I have forgotten my wallet only twice in the last several years. I have forgotten my handgun twice in the last two months. I remembered the holster, though, it was just empty.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links