Don't Be A Gun Dork - Page 5

Don't Be A Gun Dork

This is a discussion on Don't Be A Gun Dork within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One question for Treo, why do you come to this forum with your dim view of it's members? The rest of the OP is hogwash ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Don't Be A Gun Dork

One question for Treo, why do you come to this forum with your dim view of it's members?

The rest of the OP is hogwash that seems to me was written to inflame and get into a ******* contest.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    One question for Treo, why do you come to this forum with your dim view of it's members?

The rest of the OP is hogwash that seems to me was written to inflame and get into a ******* contest.
    Most of the OP's posts seem to meet this description...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I do believe the thread is a "re-creation" of a similar thread earlier in December, and just as that thread was locked, this one should be also. Just my .02.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    There are a lot of folks on this forum (IMO) who have the sheep dog bug real bad. I believe that the majority of you believe that your CHP makes you a member of some elite fraternity and showing your CHP to a cop (licking the master's hand) is some kind of secret hand shake
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

In Ohio, although the officer knows if we have a ccw permit as soon as he runs the plate. It is mandatory we have to inform them if we have a permit and show them our permit along with our license, whether we are carrying or not.

If I get stopped, I plan on using the word 'sidearm' as in: " I also have my side arm with me, Officer'. It sounds a bit less threatening I think. My biggest concern is the Ohio Highway Patrol as they are the biggest law enforcement group against concealed carry. There have been incidents of agressive OSP officers during stops with CHL carriers, and fortunately nothing has come of them ....yet ....
    Ohio Rusty ><>

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Rusty View Post
    In Ohio, although the officer knows if we have a ccw permit as soon as he runs the plate. It is mandatory we have to inform them if we have a permit and show them our permit along with our license, whether we are carrying or not.

If I get stopped, I plan on using the word 'sidearm' as in: " I also have my side arm with me, Officer'. It sounds a bit less threatening I think. My biggest concern is the Ohio Highway Patrol as they are the biggest law enforcement group against concealed carry. There have been incidents of agressive OSP officers during stops with CHL carriers, and fortunately nothing has come of them ....yet ....
    Ohio Rusty ><>
    Being an NRA certified instructor, I always use "firearm", since that's what we're taught to use.

As far as "aggressive" LEOs go, consent to nothing, but do not physically resist. Always carry a voice recorder (in Ohio). He can be "aggressive" by the side of the road. I'll be aggressive in civil court. We'll see who wins that one.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I do believe the thread is a "re-creation" of a similar thread earlier in December, and just as that thread was locked, this one should be also. Just my .02.
    I agree, it should have been locked, when he posted it... my .02... we almost got a nickle...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    It HAS happened. I have NO obligation to do anything besides obey the law, whether it's traffic law or CCW law. I'm not playing games with anybody outside of the law.
    And people have choked on food, I still eat it. You make some rash generalizations, and thats all they are. Not ALL LEO's are out to get you. MOST actually are out to do their job. Mistakes will be made, but the bile you spew is tantamount to racisim or sexism. You cannot say that one or two incidents will be indicative of all interaction will with police officers.

Ok, im through with this thread. Flame on.
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

I'm curious why would you have spent years in a military prison? I find that statement very curious, were you military?
    I was arrested for a crime on Ft. Lewis while in the U.S. Army. I was never told exactly what the charges were but I found out in 2002 when I was renewing my security clearence that I had been charged W/ communication of a terrorist threat under SAEDA. I was arrested soley on the word of another soldier in my unit there was no physical evidence whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    I agree, it should have been locked, when he posted it... my .02... we almost got a nickle...
    I'm a dork!!! So I found it useless....my .02. We're up to six cents...can we buy some butter for the popcorn?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm a dork!!! So I found it useless....my .02. We're up to six cents...can we buy some butter for the popcorn?
    Tossed the butter awhile ago. It was spoiled.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Folks, we have $.06, popcorn and Coke or Pepsi, and here's the Proof this is a worthless topic and a waste of digital entertainment capacity:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-question.html

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Why I Stay Here

One of the reasons I continue to frequent this forum is that there are members here who I’ve learned from. Also I do not have a grudge against the police, what I have is a very solid reason for protecting my civil liberties any time I encounter an officer officially. I deal w/ the police on a daily basis ( to be fair it's a weekly basis because I only work it weekends) on my second job and I make certain that my interactions W/ them are courteous and professional at all times.

The main reason I post here is in the hope that my experience can stop someone else from making the same mistake. You don’t have to be a jerk (sorry for the bad word) to the police you simply, politely and firmly assert your rights anytime you interact W/ them.

And as for you h8rs I suspect that some of you are exactly the people I'm talking about. Other wise you wouldn't get so mad.
    Last edited by Treo; January 1st, 2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Redacted non family friendly word and added paragraph

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Also I do not have a grudge against the police, what I have is a very solid reason for protecting my civil liberties any time I encounter an officer officially. I deal w/ the police on a daily basis on my second job and I make certain that my interactions W/ them are courteous and professional at all times.
    Fair enough. Sorry if I got the wrong impression from reading your posts on the subject.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Seems to me like your signature line may reflect why you have had issues.

In over 40 years I've had numerous encounters with LEO and have treated them with courtesy and respect and I've never once had an issue. I've received tickets and some warnings. Perhaps the only consistent feature of all of your negative experiences has been you. Just consider the possibility....I could be wrong.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links