Going Naked...

Going Naked...

This is a discussion on Going Naked... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello friends, tomorrow I am traveling about 2hours away from my home as my sister is graduating from a University. Well, this in itself causes ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Naked...

Going Naked...

Hello friends, tomorrow I am traveling about 2hours away from my home as my sister is graduating from a University. Well, this in itself causes me to have to go without my pistol, and I truly feel naked. I will however have my knife and spray, but this is nothing like ol' slab sides. I will be glad when some bureacrat decides that CCW is fine anywhere for the qualified. Anyway, just checking in and venting on going naked tomorrow.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Going naked at a college huh? Streaker?

Tell Sister "Congrats", and you too, "Brother"! Be safe!

Be safe .. Gonna streak across the stage with your sister?

What will I do with you guys...Thanks...
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

I understand exactly what you are feeling I had to give a tour for work and go into San Francisco last week and couldn't carry. I felt naked as all getout.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    hey ruger i thought the nop guns ban in sf only aplied to sf resadents congrats to your sister blue

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Phew!
    I though this was going to be a question about how to conceal a handgun while naked, sent a shiver up me just thinking about it.

Assistant Administrator
    Not fun Blue - and it's something I avoid whenever possible - to extent that I will not even include a ''hostile'' state on a bike run!

But when it does have to happen - I do feel very uncomfortable - not so much just because I am not carrying, but because I feel deprived of my right which is in itself disturbing and also - knowing how much that Murphy guy likes to take advantage of such situations!

Of course, statistically, the risk is minimal - but it still sucks.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Blue, I can identify with your problem. From about noon 4/23 until 4/28 at 8 pm I went everywhere naked. We got on the plane in Birmingham. I did not even have my pocket knife. Landed in Monterey, CA and as soon as I could I put my knife in my pocket. CA accepts nobody's permits. On 4/25 back to the airport and flew to Portland. Again as soon as I could I put my knife in my pocket. My permit is not good in Oregon nor Washington so the knife was all I had. We left on 4/28 and flew back to Birmingham. My brother-in-law met us at the airport. We ate supper with him and his wife. When we got ready to leave I picked up the case that he had kept for me. It contained 7 handguns. We got into the car and as the wife backed out of the drive way I started reclaiming my life. Pulled out the Kel-Tec P32 slapped a mag in and racked the slide. Put that in my pocket. Pulled out my Makarov .380 slapped a mag in and racked the slide. Put it in a Fobus paddle holster and put it on my right hip. Then I finally breathed freely.

We had no problems, but you really do feel exposed the whole time. Not planning any more trips to states where my permits are not accepted. Should have Utah in soon and will order NH as soon as the bank account recovers. That will cover most.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

i was naked once when i was driving thru illinois.

not a good feeling.
    not a pretty sight either.

Assistant Administrator
    Trying to decide whether to let my wife talk me into a bike run coming up - which includes riding into and thru some of MD. She knows I am reluctant and part of it is actually a matter of principle as well as ''nekkidness''!

She thinks we just leave guns behind and take each of our pepper sprays - I am still pondering and not really wanting to do it - we'll see.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Where I live, state law forbids firearms on "elementary and secondary" school property. However, the law also states "It shall be a defense [against being charged with a crime for having a firearm] that the weapon is possessed and used in conjunction with a lawful supervised school activity or course or is possessed for other lawful purpose." If I was lawfully issued a CCW for the purposes of self-defense, then isn't that a "lawful purpose"? I say yes. Any thoughts on this, guys?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyGal
    Where I live, state law forbids firearms on "elementary and secondary" school property. However, the law also states "It shall be a defense [against being charged with a crime for having a firearm] that the weapon is possessed and used in conjunction with a lawful supervised school activity or course or is possessed for other lawful purpose." If I was lawfully issued a CCW for the purposes of self-defense, then isn't that a "lawful purpose"? I say yes. Any thoughts on this, guys?
    Your interpretation could be correct. This moves you into the expensive and risky realm of being a test Case.

The only people that enjoy being part of a test Case are the lawyers...

Matt

VIP Member
    Congratulations Blue for your sister and you being there for her. In MN post secondary educational institutions (colleges and universities) can only dictate gun policies for students, and students are allowed whatever in the parking lots. A permit to carry gives a visitor every carry priviledge.

Field strip before going naked or skinny dipping :)
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links