Moving out of the country - not able to carry - Page 2

Moving out of the country - not able to carry

This is a discussion on Moving out of the country - not able to carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good luck, hope it all works out well for you and yours....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving out of the country - not able to carry

Lead Moderator
    Good luck, hope it all works out well for you and yours.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Wait until you get there. The rules and reality can be very different.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter
    Wait until you get there. The rules and reality can be very different.

AFS
    +1 Man, I don't know your motives, but all I can say is by leaving the USA you are leaving the best country in the world, and I mean that. You are also leaving a country that has freedom. I am speechless, my son is due to be born soon and I could not dream of leaving the country to move to Israel. Now if you would have said England I would have been less hesitant to make a comment, but you are moving your family to an area that is a war zone! Think about it. Being former military let me tell you there is nothing romantic about the desert.

My dad is a Vietnam vet and he has come up with the Idea that he is going to the Phillipines at the end of the month. Dad, don't do it. I sent him a link about terrorism over there. In short man, you are making a mistake. Now, lets stop flying around the Airport and land this gunship. Are you going because that is your birth home and you want to join the fight, because if so you can't help them. I mean I don't know your motives but cleary, I mean clearly think out your decision. Good Luck and God speed.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Good luck !!

bentcursor I wish you the best in your move.
    For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible.

John

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    Are you going because that is your birth home and you want to join the fight, because if so you can't help them.
    I disagree. Israel is engaged in a fight against evil just as we are.

Bentcursor, good luck and keep your eyes peeled.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

The dream for us has been to move to Israel. Both my wife and I were born and raised in the USA and this is a great country, but we just feel that our hearts and souls belong in Israel. Hopefully, when I'm there I can help to show the importance of having pro-gun laws. Israelis certainly know how to defend themselves and guns are looked at as a necessity. People have no issues with soldiers on buses or at malls carrying guns. Usually the soldiers are on their way someplace, and the rules are that they have to carry whenever they are in public, so it adds to security.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    How crazy is that? More people than ever are wanting in the USA and you are heading out! It is sad to loose a law abiding fellow CHL holder.

If I may ask, what is the life long dream and what are you looking to do when you are there, school, work/career, family? It is just interesting to me when people actually get the opportunity to do what they always wanted to do. I think it is great even if having to give up a right that you have come know and love.

Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    I disagree. Israel is engaged in a fight against evil just as we are.

Bentcursor, good luck and keep your eyes peeled.
    Have you spent any time in the US Military in the desert in any capacity?

I think the problem is and this is nothing against the orignal poster and it is directed towards the writer of the above quote. War is always romantic for those who have never seen or been a part of it. Now, on to cursor, good luck man and as I said before Gods speed...
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Lead Moderator
    Good luck with the move.

I'm sort of surprised at the stand of the State as to weapons given the all the pictures and stories we hear.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Have you spent any time in the US Military in the desert in any capacity?

I think the problem is and this is nothing against the orignal poster and it is directed towards the writer of the above quote. War is always romantic for those who have never seen or been a part of it. Now, on to cursor, good luck man and as I said before Gods speed...
    I never said anything that glorified war. I simply disagree with your statement that he could do nothing to help them.

Our opinions have clashed before. We won't see eye to eye, but that fine. You may have the last word if you wish.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

+1 Man, I don't know your motives, but all I can say is by leaving the USA you are leaving the best country in the world, and I mean that. You are also leaving a country that has freedom. I am speechless, my son is due to be born soon and I could not dream of leaving the country to move to Israel. Now if you would have said England I would have been less hesitant to make a comment, but you are moving your family to an area that is a war zone! Think about it. Being former military let me tell you there is nothing romantic about the desert.
    Most of Israel isn't a desert. Most of the attacks that occur in Israel happen only in "bad" areas and are usually late at night. It's quite a bit different from the sandbox and I have been in both places.

Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor
    The dream for us has been to move to Israel. Both my wife and I were born and raised in the USA and this is a great country, but we just feel that our hearts and souls belong in Israel. Hopefully, when I'm there I can help to show the importance of having pro-gun laws. Israelis certainly know how to defend themselves and guns are looked at as a necessity. People have no issues with soldiers on buses or at malls carrying guns. Usually the soldiers are on their way someplace, and the rules are that they have to carry whenever they are in public, so it adds to security.
    Cool, thanks for the reply. I think that Israel is very lucky that they are getting you and your wife. Again, good luck and keep in touch to let us know how things are going.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Best of wishes on the move! No guns is going to be tough but as you said, the pros outweigh the cons. I had the blessing of visiting Jerusalem once, in 1988, and loved it and the people. From a dyed in the wool Southern Baptist, let me say Shalom! Stay safe and keep posting!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Lived in Germany in the 70's. But a S & W model 19 was with me no matter what. When you get there, you will find out that you can get and carry a gun. Just check it out. I had no problems.

frankmako

I hope its as good as you hope it is my friend. But if its not and you feel alienated or threatened, come back. We'll take ya back(hell we'll trade 100 sheeple for ya!!)
    Good luck man!! Be safe!!!Watch out for these!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8CL2hetqpfg
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links