Moving out of the country - not able to carry - Page 3

Moving out of the country - not able to carry

This is a discussion on Moving out of the country - not able to carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by frankmako . But a S & W model 19 was with me no matter what. I miss my old Mod 19. I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving out of the country - not able to carry

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frankmako
    . But a S & W model 19 was with me no matter what.
    I miss my old Mod 19. I bought it in Germany when I was there serving with the 3rd Infantry Division. I sold it when I was at Ft Hood, Tx. That was a fun gun to shoot. I kick myself all the time for getting rid of it.

Hi BlueLion,

You may be right about nothing being romantic about the desert, but I know Israel, and Israel is no desert. You can go skiing on Mount Hermon in the north of Israel and scuba dive in Eilat's tropical waters in the south -- on the same day! The driving distance is only about 6 hours. Israel has a life expectancy of almost 80 years and a GDP of over $22,000 - comparable to European countries. Israel is surrounded by enemies and suffers horribly from terrorists, but it is certainly no war zone. I'd venture to say that many cities in the US are more dangerous than Israel.

But besides all that, both my wife an I were born and raised in the USA (my wife is a 3rd generation Coloradan), but we both feel that Israel is where we belong. I can't explain it to someone who doesn't feel the same as I do, but it is like "The Matrix" where something about my life in the US has not been right. Israel is where my people are, where my history is, where my destiny is, where my soul is.

We're not moving to fight in any wars. Despite what you read in the very biased media here, Israel is not a war zone. It would be hard to explain how a country in a war zone could produce the world's fastest microchip (Intel's division in Israel) and the world's faster router (Cisco's division in Israel). We're moving to Israel to live our dream.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    +1 Man, I don't know your motives, but all I can say is by leaving the USA you are leaving the best country in the world, and I mean that. You are also leaving a country that has freedom. I am speechless, my son is due to be born soon and I could not dream of leaving the country to move to Israel. Now if you would have said England I would have been less hesitant to make a comment, but you are moving your family to an area that is a war zone! Think about it. Being former military let me tell you there is nothing romantic about the desert.

My dad is a Vietnam vet and he has come up with the Idea that he is going to the Phillipines at the end of the month. Dad, don't do it. I sent him a link about terrorism over there. In short man, you are making a mistake. Now, lets stop flying around the Airport and land this gunship. Are you going because that is your birth home and you want to join the fight, because if so you can't help them. I mean I don't know your motives but cleary, I mean clearly think out your decision. Good Luck and God speed.

Thank you to everyone who has replied for your kind wishes and support. Even if I don't agree with some of the comments, I appreciate the ability to discuss what's on our minds.

Btw, I found out that if you volunteer for the civil guard or police, you shorten the wait period to carry. Also, if you have law enforcement or miltary experience, that also helps. I was an Auxilliary Police Officer in NYC for 2 years, so hopefully I'll be able to carry again soon. I also figure that once I'm there and meet enough people who do carry, that the process will move much quicker.

Again, even though I'm moving out of the country, the beauty of the Internet allows us to keep in touch as though we are next door to each other. CombatCarry will always be my first stop on the information superhighway!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Well if your dead set on the move all i can say is it is our loss and isreals gain , any country can use more responsible folks , May the reality surpass the dream you have and keep in contact .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor
    the beauty of the Internet allows us to keep in touch as though we are next door to each other. CombatCarry will always be my first stop on the information superhighway!
    Needless to say you will always be welcome here, and I'm sure that what you experence over there will be of great interest to those of us back here.

Good luck and safe travels.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Bentcursor,

I wish you all the best in your move to our Homeland! I truly envy you. For many of us that have been to Israel (twice), there is just something that pulls at your heart about the Country . . . you really can't explain it, it just is!

One of my Wife's doctors up and moved to Israel, originally temporarily to try it out. Both she and her Husband are MDs and she told us that Doctors in Israel are not very well paid, but they did decide to stay there permanently.

Please do keep in touch with us here.

Quote Originally Posted by LenS
    Bentcursor,

I wish you all the best in your move to our Homeland! I truly envy you. For many of us that have been to Israel (twice), there is just something that pulls at your heart about the Country . . . you really can't explain it, it just is!
    +1 to that. Man, I sure do envy him in some ways going there. It's a very wonderful place.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Good luck to you and yours. I can appreciate your sentiments and admire you for acting on your dream. God speed.

As Redneck Repairs said above, may the reality surpass the dream!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links