Recommend me my first "Gun Belt"

This is a discussion on Recommend me my first "Gun Belt" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by joepa150 How much was the shipping and how long did it take? Shipping was $7.95 to S.C. Ordered on 8/26/2009 and it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me my first "Gun Belt"

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    How much was the shipping and how long did it take?
    Shipping was $7.95 to S.C. Ordered on 8/26/2009 and it was shipped on 8/28/2009. I believe it took about 3 or 4 days to arrive. I believe if it came UPS.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

2. Remove Ads

I would probably buy 38 inch
    If you order a beltman make sure you have them install the plastic insert. Even if they tell you you don't need it get it. Makes all the difference in the world.

Gun belts...

I've got several...Rafter shark, Wilson Combat shark plus a Crossbreed. The Crossbreed is a nice belt at a good price. If you go that route, be aware the the clips they ship on their holster will ruin the finish of the belt immediately!

I would wear mine more often but it looks like hell!
    Rankin Arms Company
    www.rankinarms.com
    Wilson Combat Master Dealer
    Nighthawk Custom Preferred Dealer

"Life is tough...it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Sh00ter View Post
    I've got several...Rafter shark, Wilson Combat shark plus a Crossbreed. The Crossbreed is a nice belt at a good price. If you go that route, be aware the the clips they ship on their holster will ruin the finish of the belt immediately!

I would wear mine more often but it looks like hell!
    Will the Supertuck clips scratch other belts also such as beltman, Don Hume, Bianchi, or other leather gun belts?

If so I may as well stick with a Nylon belt.

Will the Supertuck clips scratch other belts also such as beltman, Don Hume, Bianchi, or other leather gun belts?

If so I may as well stick with a Nylon belt.
    Don't know but I used the answer holster which has plastic clips for years and didn't have any problems with scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    If you order a beltman make sure you have them install the plastic insert. Even if they tell you you don't need it get it. Makes all the difference in the world.
    I've got the "quick ship" model and have never thought I needed it to be stiffer then that. Hmm, maybe I'll have to try ordering another one in a few months with the stiffener to see the difference.
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Don't be afraid to invest well into a gun belt--I'd recommend TT Gunleather's products, with only a week or two of time to get one!

If you want something more exotic, talk to Tim there about doing something in shark. I have a double ply with internal stiffener from TT Gunleather, in shark...it's exceptional in terms of function and looks beautiful too!

TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters
    I just spoke with Tim yesterday and I ordered a 'pancake' and a matching belt. In fact, literally 20-minutes ago I was considering to add shark to the already expensive affair. I mean, what’s another 300-bucks to our passionate hobby?! ...And to think how well I did at not going over board during the Christmas holidays.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Don't be afraid to invest well into a gun belt--I'd recommend TT Gunleather's products, with only a week or two of time to get one!

If you want something more exotic, talk to Tim there about doing something in shark. I have a double ply with internal stiffener from TT Gunleather, in shark...it's exceptional in terms of function and looks beautiful too!

TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters
    JimmyC4,

Thats a pretty good turnaround on custom belts! How do these compare to Beltman in terms of quailty, stiffness, and looks?

CROSSBREED Gun Belt....enough said, but I will elaborate below.

I noticed that you own a Crossbreed SuperTuck holster. I do as well, and decided to stay with that brand for my belt as well. Price is less than Beltman, and they have a better replacement warranty(Lifetime) than Beltman(1 year). Price is about 40 or so bucks cheaper for the CrossBreed Velcro Belt that I ordered vs the Beltman of same type. The Crossbreed velcro belt comes with the crossbreed velcro clips to your holster, but Beltman velcro belt does not come with any clips to attach to your holster.

I dont know if Velcro is something you were interested in, but just thought it was fair to include that info to let you know how I cam to my decision. The warranty/inclusion of Velcro clips in the package were the biggest points to push me in the direction of the Crossbreed Belt. I would gladly pay 40 or more bucks extra if I had a lifetime warranty with BELTMAN. I guess they feel that since they have the more proven track record & name recognition, they dont need to offer lifetime warranty to there customers. But for me, the lifetime warranty means that Marty Dale & CrossBreed believes in the quality of there products & its craftsmanship. I will continue to support this kind of company.

You did ask for a company other than BELTMAN!
    Don't Knock The HU$TLE! When all else fails, I have a HU$TLER's Ambition! When the economy goes to crap, I will maintain and u wont! The hunger I have to survive, and your inability to handle the struggles we have ahead is what seperates you & I!

Quote Originally Posted by TJK68 View Post
    Check out A&G Gunleather, I have one of his belts and love it. Al has really fast shipping and you can not beat the customer service. Great quality and prices. Great people to deal with.
    +1 on A&G. I just received my belt from Al about two weeks ago. Great looking belt and the best customer service I've ever seen. Another plus is that Al is in Georgia, so you can support a local business.

Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by dam294 View Post
    +1 on A&G. I just received my belt from Al about two weeks ago. Great looking belt and the best customer service I've ever seen. Another plus is that Al is in Georgia, so you can support a local business.

Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather
    I live in Georgia but not near Gainsville.
    Does Al have a warranty on his belts?
    How do they compare to Beltman?

I live in Georgia but not near Gainsville.
    Does Al have a warranty on his belts?
    How do they compare to Beltman?
    Funny you should ask about comparison with beltman. I've had my 1.5" horsehide beltman belt for almost two years. It is a great belt. I've only had my A&G belt for a couple of weeks but have no reason to believe it is any less of a belt than my beltman. The quality is high and it holds the gun very close to the body.

Now for my customer service experience with A&G

When I heard about and read customer reviews about A&G on another site, I figured I would give them a try on my next belt. So, I ordered a 1.5" bullhide in light brown from them.

I placed my order late on a Friday night. I got an email from Al either the following Monday or Tuesday stating that he had concerns about the belt that he had made for me and for me to contact him.

Basically he was concerned that the belt had come out as a very dark brown instead of light brown. He offered me $20 off of the price if I still wanted to buy the belt for use as a range belt. I replied that I didn't have a brown gun belt so the fact that it was dark brown really wasn't a concern as long as I could return the belt if I wasn't happy with it. He said that returning the belt would not be a problem and said he would ship a $20 credit for the belt not being exactly what I'd ordered.

The next day I got another email from Al saying that he really was unhappy with the way my belt had turned out and that it was not of the quality he would send to a customer and that he was going to re-make my belt. A few days later I got another email saying that my belt was finished and would be shipped the next day (Monday). Tuesday my new belt arrived.

It is beautiful.

Give them a call if you have any concerns. But I would give two for A&G.

Oh, and this is from A&G's warranty info page.

Warranty & Returns

Warranty and Return Policy:

All of our leather products have a One Year “No BS” Warranty. All we ask is that you try to keep it away from the dog.

If you are not 100% satisfied with the product, for any reason, just give us a call within 3 days and let us know what we need to do. We will do whatever it takes to make you happy.

I vote for the Wilderness or if you purchase some 5.11 pants from LA Police Gear you can get a "free" 5.11 carry belt. It's not bad, for the money.
    Mykel

more later...

Here's a plug for the Crossbreed belt. Bought mine with my SuperTuck and love it.

I've also got one from a local leather shop. It's nice, but you can definitely tell the $20 difference in belts.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links