Recommend me my first "Gun Belt"

This is a discussion on Recommend me my first "Gun Belt" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My EDC is a Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck. I do not have any problems using any of my cheapo belts BUT I always ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me my first "Gun Belt"

Recommend me my first "Gun Belt"

My EDC is a Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck. I do not have any problems using any of my cheapo belts BUT I always wondered if a actual gun belt would feel better. I do not currently carry OWB so I don't know if a good belt would be night and day if I carry IWB. I know beltman has great belts but I do not want to spend that much. I usually wear jeans with an untucked shirt. I want a long lasting, high quality, nice looking belt that I can wear with jeans, khakis, or cargo shorts.

Any suggestions besides Beltman?

Here are the ones I am looking at:
    Cabelas $25
    Cabela's Double Duty Belt
    Looper $40
    Looper Reinforced Holster Belt
    Crossbreed $60
    Gun Belt
    Bianchi B26 $35
    Bianchi B26 Professional Belt 1-1/2" Leather - MidwayUSA
    Galco SB3
    Buy your Galco SB3 Dress Belt now for the lowest price at LAPoliceGear.com!
    Wilderness Instructor $39
    Wilderness Tactical 5-Stitch Instructor Belt 1-1/2" Nylon - MidwayUSA

2. Remove Ads

well, i can personally attest to the Wilderness 5 stitch belt.....since i began carrying about six months ago i have bought two of them...one black and one OD Brown...

EXCELLENT belts....what i really like about them is that you can micro-adjust it to your comfort level...where with a traditional leather belt you are limited to the next hole, and only get two or three within your size range......

I carry my TT gunleather Rig daily on a wilderness belt and cant give them KUDOS enough....

and i wear OWB with an untucked T shirt and very comfortable

I'd vote for the Stock Beltman - I love mine! I got it when I gained 20 pounds and no longer fit my Brommeland custom, in fact, I have not yet gotten to wear the Brommeland. Worth the money, but I failed to read your post completely. :(
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

VIP Member
    Well, since you ‘typically’ wear your shirts untucked, I would choose ‘THE TITANIUM INSTRUCTOR BELT’ which is currently on sale for $74.95. It’s a very nice belt and has the same utilitarian endowment as the Glock. The light weight titanium buckle is really sweet and will last you until 'the end of days'. In fact, I may just as well order one for myself! Damn this hobby is expensive. Anyway, good luck and shoot often.

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

Regards,
    Daniel Or...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I was given a Wilderness Tactical 5-Stitch Instructor Belt for Christmas. I love it. It makes a huge difference, and goes well with my usual dress of shorts, un-tucked t-shirt, and sandals. Since my shirt is un-tucked I don't have to worry about the "tactical belt" look. I am also a fan of the precision tuning of the IB compared to the traditional leather belt with pre-sized holes.

I vote Wilderness Tactical.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Check out A&G Gunleather, I have one of his belts and love it. Al has really fast shipping and you can not beat the customer service. Great quality and prices. Great people to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    well, i can personally attest to the Wilderness 5 stitch belt.....since i began carrying about six months ago i have bought two of them...one black and one OD Brown...

EXCELLENT belts....what i really like about them is that you can micro-adjust it to your comfort level...where with a traditional leather belt you are limited to the next hole, and only get two or three within your size range......

I carry my TT gunleather Rig daily on a wilderness belt and cant give them KUDOS enough....

and i wear OWB with an untucked T shirt and very comfortable
    Where are you buying your wilderness belts? Midway seems to be out of stock in the brown color and they seem to have great prices.

Quote Originally Posted by TJK68 View Post
    Check out A&G Gunleather, I have one of his belts and love it. Al has really fast shipping and you can not beat the customer service. Great quality and prices. Great people to deal with.
    I never heard of them. I do live in Georgia. $69 is not bad for a standard belt.

Any pictures?

How do they compare to Beltman or Crossbreed belts?

I am just thinking that they are priced in between Crossbreed and Beltman. For that priced should I go for Beltman which has a proven reputation or A&G?

Nothing beats a Beltman. You didn't give your belt size so I can't give further info.

4.11 makes a good gun belt for about $35.00. i got one and it has held up well.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Nothing beats a Beltman. You didn't give your belt size so I can't give further info.
    I would probably buy 38 inch

Don't be afraid to invest well into a gun belt--I'd recommend TT Gunleather's products, with only a week or two of time to get one!

If you want something more exotic, talk to Tim there about doing something in shark. I have a double ply with internal stiffener from TT Gunleather, in shark...it's exceptional in terms of function and looks beautiful too!

TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

my favorite one for casual wear jeans/tshirt/polo is the wilderness 5 stitch tactical instructors belt, i was in your shoes and didn't know which one to get and i'm so happy with the wilderness belt for casual jean wear. Just my $.02
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Try the Liger gunbelt - been working for me so far, very unobtrusive but also very strong
    Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine Class of 2013

I second the 5.11 (the 4.11 was a typo) belt. Make sure you buy a belt that is a size bigger to adjust for IWB carry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links