Druggist's lawyer sour at leak of report on youth - Page 2

Druggist's lawyer sour at leak of report on youth

This is a discussion on Druggist's lawyer sour at leak of report on youth within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The moment the BG ran from the store leaving the other one on the ground the Pharmacists should have been on the phone with the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The moment the BG ran from the store leaving the other one on the ground the Pharmacists should have been on the phone with the police. Not chasing the second BG out of the parking lot.
    As for the additional shots, it was clear that the BG on the floor was not moving back into the view of the camera and the Pharmacists turned his back to him multiple times, the BG on the floor was not a viable threat.

The video will most likely condemn the Pharmacists in the eyes of most jurors.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

I have watched every piece of video on this that they have released and I personally believe he should be charged. My novice eyes can't find anything to base a defense off of in the video.

I hate to hear of someone defending themselves and getting charged as it does hurt all of us but the video doesn't lie. When he comes back into the store and retrieves the second gun he doesn't show any signs that he was defending himself or fighting or surprised when he walked back to the BG on the ground and started popping off more shots into him.

I hate to see it but he came back in and then took it too far. He needs to plead insanity or he'll go down for murder. If the prosecution can proved that he went back to get the other gun with the sole intention of putting more shots into the already downed BG they might even have a case for murder 1...

Poor SOB, I guess he just lost it...

Such a shame

It's to bad he went to far. He did a great job of putting the robber down with the first shot. To bad he was so pumped with adrenilin he didn't know when to stop. I am confused, as to how many different guns the pharamacist used. He said in his statement that he used an auto to down the first BG (Not I said BG, NOT Student at such and such academy). Then he grabs the Judge, runs out side, does he then grab a third gun or is he retrieving the original auto before he fires the last five shots into BG #1?

IMHO the pharamacist should have lawyer up until he had his attorney with him during the questioning. My first question was the interview taped?

VIP Member
    Once the threat was no longer imminent the shooting should have stopped... I'm thinking the pharmacist did use excessive force.

Just goes to show that if you're going to have and use a gun for self defense, you need to train your brain as well as your muscles! Rehearsing scenarios in your head is good practice!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Once the threat was no longer imminent the shooting should have stopped... I'm thinking the pharmacist did use excessive force.

Just goes to show that if you're going to have and use a gun for self defense, you need to train your brain as well as your muscles! Rehearsing scenarios in your head is good practice!
    +1

Also, train your brain in this two step process for the aftermath of any shooting:

1. "Officer, I was in fear of my life."
    2. "Officer, I will say nothing else until I have consulted my attorney."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Rehearsing scenarios in your head is good practice!
    That's about as useful as benchpressing with your mind.

Spend the $ you were planning on blowing on a new gun you don't need on quality scenario training.

Get a good airsoft replica of your carry gun and do scenario drills with training partners.

Find a class like this: Courses for firearm, self-defense and law enforcement training.

and attend.

Thanks PAK for an excellent post.
    While the pharmacist obviously overstepped self defense, I feel that first degree murder is a stretch.
    Even after watching the video we still do not know all the facts.

• How many times, had the Oklahoma City pharmacist been robbed before?
    • Had previous robbery’s been with violence, or injury’s to the pharmacist?
    • Had this BG used threading jesters, (off camera) and languish that trigged some flight or fight prompt from the pharmacist.

Yes, temporary insanity could be correct, or PTSD caused by this life and death battle he just went through, could cause anyone to act in a way he/she normally would not have acted.

Final thought are; he should of “layered up” before making his statement

I don't think the pharmacist realised his own video surveillance caught him executing the guy he had just shot,until afterwards,most people don't think about the fact there may be a video camera pointed at them when they do something
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post

1. "Officer, I was in fear of my life."
    How, pray tell, will that assist you?

Do you expect the situation to be resolved with that statement as if it is a magical incantation?

Is that supposed to make the police believe that you killed the guy in self defense and not look at you as a dangerous person, who for some reason or another just put someone in the hospital or the mourgue?

Is it going to somehow put you in a good light with the police?

Let them know you are the good guy, not the guy who just injured somone so severly that you need to explain you were frightened?

Really. Tell me.
    I'm curious to know what you expect to be the outcome of those statements.

In my opinion, this is another piece of originally good advice which has gotten distorted into a one liner which has taken on overinflated status.

Don't train yourself to say anything reflexively.

Doing so is the equivalent of training yourself to slit your throat with your mouth.

Legally it looks like this fellow is in a real pickle... The return to the store to reload and go back out is what did him in.

Morally I don't see a problem with it, but then again that's why I have to consistently rehearse as many similar scenarios in my head to follow the LEGAL implications.

As far as I'm concerned the BG forfeited his rights to life the moment he initiated a violent felony(ie any robbery, attempted murder, rape etc...) and any real victim shouldn't be able to be charged for "going to far". There is NO TOO FAR!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Though not necessarily sticking to exact wording or interpretation I don't see how this can be bad advice given our "out to get 'em" legal system these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    How, pray tell, will that assist you?

Do you expect the situation to be resolved with that statement as if it is a magical incantation?
    No

Is that supposed to make the police believe that you killed the guy in self defense and not look at you as a dangerous person, who for some reason or another just put someone in the hospital or the mourgue?
    No

Is it going to somehow put you in a good light with the police?
    No and I don't give 2 hoots what the police think as long as they don't shoot me! All I care is what the judge and the jury believe later.

Let them know you are the good guy, not the guy who just injured somone so severly that you need to explain you were frightened?

Really. Tell me.
    I'm curious to know what you expect to be the outcome of those statements.
    Failure to self-incriminate. Kind of like Immodium AD for the mouth!

In my opinion, this is another piece of originally good advice which has gotten distorted into a one liner which has taken on overinflated status.

Don't train yourself to say anything reflexively.

Doing so is the equivalent of training yourself to slit your throat with your mouth.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Actually according to what I read,the first gun he used was a taurus judge,possibly loaded with 45 long colt ammo,the gun he used afterwards was a keltec 380
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    That's about as useful as benchpressing with your mind.

Spend the $ you were planning on blowing on a new gun you don't need on quality scenario training.

Get a good airsoft replica of your carry gun and do scenario drills with training partners.

Find a class like this: Courses for firearm, self-defense and law enforcement training.

and attend.
    Not to the exclusion of other practice Mitchell... duh!

Having a plan is essential in every situation. Much of what we do here on DC is discuss the "what ifs" so that we can learn to choose a good tactical response to many situations.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

KelTec was first, bullet hit the BG in the skull and lodged there. The M.E. said the first shot probably would have killed him eventually. I'm glad there going to televise the trial.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links