Druggist's lawyer sour at leak of report on youth

This is a discussion on Druggist's lawyer sour at leak of report on youth within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by packinnova Though not necessarily sticking to exact wording or interpretation I don't see how this can be bad advice given our "out ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Druggist's lawyer sour at leak of report on youth

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Though not necessarily sticking to exact wording or interpretation I don't see how this can be bad advice given our "out to get 'em" legal system these days.
    It's a bad thing because you open yourself to starting a conversation with the police when you are not in your right mind.

If you make a statement, it's done. You can't take it back. You can try to explain how you meant it...but that's damage control.

Saying you were in fear for your life leads to a responce of "Why?" and from that point the conversation flows...

2. Remove Ads

pax
    Quote Originally Posted by ccroom
    KelTec was first, bullet hit the BG in the skull and lodged there. The M.E. said the first shot probably would have killed him eventually.
    Both of these sentences contain errors. Read the autopsy report linked in my earlier post.

The wound to the head was described as "non-fatal" and a "graze wound," with one small lead fragment entering the skull.

Ersland fired the Judge first -- that's the source of the grazing, non-fatal head injury -- and then retrieved the KelTec from a drawer prior to firing the killing chest/abdomen shots. (This is consistent with at least one of Ersland's changing stories, with the view on the surveillance tape, and with news reports).

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Gee.

I wonder what would have happened if the pharmacist in this case had been armed with a gun that was actually a fighting handgun, not a gimmic pistol like the Judge...

A nice Glock 22 police trade in & 180 grain golden sabers...

Dead robbers, no fuss, no muss.

MitchellCT +1 to that... I will leave this up to the jury to decide - sounds like kudos to the DA - good to hear he is pro 2A.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

From the video that I saw you good not tell what the BG was doing while on the floor. If his hand was going towards his backpack, waisteband, pocket you name it, I can not say for sure that I would not have shot again. Maybe there is another video that shows something I haven't seen.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Autopsy might have shown that, but local news quoted M.E. As testifying to an eventual fatal wound. They could have misquoted him.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

VIP Member
    Unfortunately I think the pharmacist is going to go to jail on this one. Unless there is a video that hasn't been released showing something more, it appears he crossed the line.

It will be interesting to see if the DA files first degree murder charges against the robbery accomplice. IMO he should be charged.

pax
    ccroom,

Link, please. (I'm saving for my files...)

archer,

There are two other video views that I'm aware of: one outside the pharmacy, and one from behind the counter from which the gun was retrieved. Neither shows the spot where Parker fell.

Not sure what crime scene photos will show, but the autopsy seems (to my layperson's eye) to be fairly damning: all five of those chest/abdomen shots entered at exactly the same angle and trajectory -- not something one would expect to see if Parker had been moving around when the trigger was pulled.

pax
    Kathy Jackson

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    I would like to know on what grounds the OSBI can cancel the pharmacist's carry license. He has been charged with a crime but not yet found guilty; this seems odd to me. If found innocent does he get it back?
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

PAX

Didn't see on internet. Saw on evening news one night. Sorry, I don't remember what station. I wonder if a published transcript exists.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Split the difference. Charge him with mutilation of a corpse.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

pax
    ccroom,

Thanks. If you later remember which station it was on, please come back & post -- I'd really like to run that down, as it is not consistent with anything else I've seen on this case.

pax
    Kathy Jackson

Paramedic70002, I like it. I would have to say I would find it hard to convict him of murder. Mr. Ersland decided to go to work that day not rob someone. His attorney is "THE MAN". He is very good a reputable.

most you guys dont realize how dangerous it is to be a pharmacist. I would wager that most of you guys on here just think its a laid back cushy desk job. as a pharmacist im always on high alert. most people we deal with are nice and normal... but we deal alot with the scum of the earth drug seekers etc...

i think being a pharmacist is alot like working at a convenience store. its not a matter of IF you will get robbed but more a matter of WHEN. there is literally thousands of dollars worth of narcotics behind the counter at even given time. and nothing between me and the bad guys. most pharmacies like mine have little or no safety measures in place to prevent robberies. i ve been a pharmacist a little over 5 years now and have been robbed 6 times. weapons were present in each robbery. one place of employment (i no longer work there so things MAY have changed) had NO safety measures at all. we got robbed twice in one week. the cops were surprised that we did not have a survelliance camera in the pharmacy. we only had a camera when you walk in the front door. corporate pharmacies dont care about their employees or their drug stock both are replaceable. they have insurance. this lack of caring for the safety of their employees led me to get my CCW permit last year. i still do not carry to work as it is against company policy. i almost got fired over carrying a leather-man to work because it had a blade on it. i can only wonder what would happen if they found out i had a gun at work.
    i think this pharmacist made a few right decisions and a few mistakes. so i cant defend him on evry action he undertook. what will get him with the jury is the fact he #1 ran after the second bad guy #2 he went back to give the first bad guy a second helping of lead. however mistakes aside i do not think he should be prosecuted for this incident. those guys intended to rob the pharmacy. they should live or die by their decisions. i think if a bad guy dies in an act of a committing a major crime it shouldnt matter how he died. or what circumstances they died under.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vardenafil View Post
    most you guys dont realize how dangerous it is to be a pharmacist. I would wager that most of you guys on here just think its a laid back cushy desk job. as a pharmacist im always on high alert. most people we deal with are nice and normal... but we deal alot with the scum of the earth drug seekers etc...

i think being a pharmacist is alot like working at a convenience store. its not a matter of IF you will get robbed but more a matter of WHEN. there is literally thousands of dollars worth of narcotics behind the counter at even given time. and nothing between me and the bad guys. most pharmacies like mine have little or no safety measures in place to prevent robberies. i ve been a pharmacist a little over 5 years now and have been robbed 6 times. weapons were present in each robbery. one place of employment (i no longer work there so things MAY have changed) had NO safety measures at all. we got robbed twice in one week. the cops were surprised that we did not have a survelliance camera in the pharmacy. we only had a camera when you walk in the front door. corporate pharmacies dont care about their employees or their drug stock both are replaceable. they have insurance. this lack of caring for the safety of their employees led me to get my CCW permit last year. i still do not carry to work as it is against company policy. i almost got fired over carrying a leather-man to work because it had a blade on it. i can only wonder what would happen if they found out i had a gun at work.
    i think this pharmacist made a few right decisions and a few mistakes. so i cant defend him on evry action he undertook. what will get him with the jury is the fact he #1 ran after the second bad guy #2 he went back to give the first bad guy a second helping of lead. however mistakes aside i do not think he should be prosecuted for this incident. those guys intended to rob the pharmacy. they should live or die by their decisions. i think if a bad guy dies in an act of a committing a major crime it shouldnt matter how he died. or what circumstances they died under.
    I own and work at a convenience store less than a mile from the pharmacy Jerome Ersland works at, and I concur with what you say. Maybe what he did wasn't legal (part of it), but when violent crime attacks you, who's to say how you might respond. I don't blame the guy and I thank him for ridding society of another menace who wants to get money and drugs for nothing AND is willing to kill to make it happen.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links