Wasp Spray???

This is a discussion on Wasp Spray??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Forget the cans of Pepper Spray that won't get thru TSA. I now use two plastic squeeze bottles (2oz) of Hand Sanitizer Wash. This stuff ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wasp Spray???

Wasp Spray?????

Forget the cans of Pepper Spray that won't get thru TSA. I now use two plastic squeeze bottles (2oz) of Hand Sanitizer Wash. This stuff has 70% Alcohol and other goodies in the bootle with the small orifice that will squert the hand sanitizer a good 10 feet. Work's great and carry as much as you can....Just figure out what it would fee like if it it hit you in your eyes????
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

2. Remove Ads

I was watching that show REPO on tv and that wantabe tough guy got sprayed with some exterminators bug spray in the face,he had to be taken to the hospital and didn't start getting his vision back until the next day
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I look at this simple I guess, if someone had to spray wasp spray as a defense against a BG, don't wait around to give your name, use and leave.

As far as it being used inside my home, goes along with using a gun or knife or any other weapon to defend my home.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Whatever it takes to take down a BG is fine with me, but the potential problems that could arise are two-fold. Wasp spray that comes back into your own eyes, or into someone else's eyes who was an innocent bystander (your kids or friends). Wasp spray could cause damage, but not OC spray...just pain.
    That's my .02.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; January 5th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

How about Final Net hairspray and a match? Instant inferno! "Doe in Heat" liquid in a spray bottle might work. Maybe cheeze whiz in a paintball gun could be effective.

GM
    Wasp spray is strong, but I do not want to be sued if the BG gets blind. I should rather use pepper spray.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Pepper spray is illegal in some states and localities, so wasp spray might be a good legal substitute, but I never see it in small easy-to-carry cans. Probably better in a stationary position, like if your employer has rules against weapons at work, a can of wasp spray at your desk won't get you into any trouble.

I saw the Operation Repo episode and logged on here tonight to describe it, but see that someone already did. I think the Matt character usually overdramatizes things that happen to him, but he was sure down for the count that time.

After reading this thread I'm reminded not to shirk jury duty if it comes my way. People like us need to be on juries when honest people are sued or face criminal charges. Time for some jury nullification for some real justice.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    interesting read...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    I saw the Operation Repo episode and logged on here tonight to describe it, but see that someone already did. I think the Matt character usually overdramatizes things that happen to him, but he was sure down for the count that time.

You think? Everything on that program is dramatized, fake, scripted, and re-shot for dramatic effect, etc. One of the worst "reality" shows on TV.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by lacrosse50 View Post
    True, but at least you were using the appropriate tool for the job. I'd fight that fight, maybe even hope to set a precedent. But defending yourself for using a pesticide as a self-defense tool is a bit of a stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I not sure if that covers bug spray......
    I don't know of any self-defense laws that specify what you can or can not use as a weapon.

I suspect if the left ever got around to doing such a list it would be short list indeed.

Wasp spray would be a weapon of opportunity. I can't think of a jury that would give a dime to a criminal that was about to mug or rape a lady and who got sprayed in the face.

I understand there is an invention called a "handgun" that has a range well beyond 20 feet.

Here in Liberal NYS pepper spray's etc are against the law to possess or use for defence, I know what BS, I guess now they will, make buy spray's illeagle to & take them off the market, as well. ?

Why all the worry about getting sued for using wasp spray? If you were attacked and it turned out that the wasp spray was simply the closest thing at hand (no one needs to know it was kept there on purpose), I don't think the BG would have much grounds to sue you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links