Belts

This is a discussion on Belts within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off it's great to be part of the forum. I've spent the last few days reading, reading, and more reading on everything and anything ...

Thread: Belts

Belts

First off it's great to be part of the forum. I've spent the last few days reading, reading, and more reading on everything and anything on here and I must say I've learned tons! I just bought a Crossbreed Supertuck for my G23 and I'm looking at belts. I've read everything on belts and I just bought one from Cabelas, their Double Duty Belt. I know its not a Don Hume, but I'm on a budget and I thought I'd give it a try. Anyway, me being in the military I have quite a few of rigger belts and some look very similar to the Wilderness ones. My latest comes from Tactical Assault Gear. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where on the belt I look to see if it is a three or five stitch? I know it has double nylon because I can see it and it's pretty stiff. Any help would be great...thanks!

https://www.tacticalassaultgearstore...TS&Category=51

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Welcome from the Ozarks. Sorry, I don't know about stitches.

Thanks! I figured it out. My TAG belt is a three stitch, which seems to work pretty good...

First of all welcome to the forum.
    I don’t know if the number of stitches is what makes the difference
    Since I’ve been carrying a gun daily for the past 30+ years almost of my belts can be used to support a sidearm.

That said, I have everything from cheap $5 dollar leather belts purchased south of the border, to nylon belts by Columbia.

While some work better than others,. I find the belts width and thinness along with the strength of the buckle, is the main difference.

Welcome to the site and thanks for your service. I know many wear such belts, but if you can, maybe a leather shop can make you one. The one I wear is 1/4" thick, it's handmade in an Amish shop from saddle leather. I've never ever seen a commercial belt come close to the thickness nor durability of saddle leather. Plus, it cost me $20.00. Just a thought.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I just purchased a tactical 511 and a bianchi holster from cop's plus which
    gave me excellent service and I will be make purchases from them in the future.Back to the belt,it cost $25.11 for a black 42 inch 511 tactical belt.
    I am very happy with the belt.I need a belt in a hurry because my belt of 10 plus years failed;I guess It didn't like all the holes I punched through it.I went
    to wally world looking for a stiff belt that would hold a holstered handgun. I found a wide brown belt for $15.00 and brought it home.Once I was allowed to open my gift the brown belt been hanging in my closet.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I have several leather belts, but all seem to be a bit to thin. When I wear them they start to fold over and because of this I have to tighten them up which causes me to not be able to breathe...haha. So like I said in my first post I'm just going to wear my TAG rigger belt until my belt from Cabelas gets here.

Links