Dang, I messed up my chance to buy something! (LONG)

This is a discussion on Dang, I messed up my chance to buy something! (LONG) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I find this kinda funny, it's the first time i have been able to do this so i had a ball!! Well i get home ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dang, I messed up my chance to buy something! (LONG)

Dang, I messed up my chance to buy something! (LONG)

I find this kinda funny, it's the first time i have been able to do this so i had a ball!!

Well i get home today and was watching the tube and LO and BEHOLD there is a knock at my door, i wasn't expecting anyone as the wife was doing homework with the kiddos so i peek out the window and see this mid 20's kid standing at my front door with a bag and piece of paper. Well since i still have 30 days left to recieve my CWP as i always do as soon as i get home i put on my Pistol OWB. And usually wear it until bedtime. (Trying to get use to wearing before the big day arrives).
    Anyhow i look at my wife and asked "should i answer the door with my Weapon in plain view?" LOL she says nahhhh but i couldn't resist!! so i swing the door open and asked if i could i help him.

He said hello sir i hate to bother you but we was out trying to sell thisssss cc cc cc cccleaner uhhh ahem sir are you a police officer? i had to hold back laughing but i let him go through his deal which was VERY short and the poor guy couldn't even hardly keep his eyes off my weapon!! i was dying laughing inside.. Anyhow when i told him i wasn't interested he didn't even try to throw out that DEAL OF A LIFETIME!! he just said "yessirr i didn't mean to bother you" and BTW that's a nice piece you have there! i said thanks and then as he was walking off he said Don't hurt nobody with that! i said no worries the only way someone is gonna get hurt by this gun is if they try something STUPID.. he was trying to agree as he seemed like he was trying to get outta my yard As fast as possible!!

Anyway sorry for the long post but i had to share what happened just about a hour ago... TWAS FUN!!! LOL
    "I would rather be Judged by 12, Than to be Carried by 6"

2. Remove Ads

Gotta love them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

He may wait for you to leave one day and think there may be good stuff, like other guns to steal.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Don't you just wish you had a candid camera type video of this? Sounds glorious. Now I know how to handle traveling salesmen.

I cant imagine not growing up around guns and the shooting sports..... Its a pity that there are young men who have never even shot a gun. shooting and hunting are the most enjoyable things in my life sometimes.
    If guns kill people then i can legitimately blame misspelled words on my pencil!!!

NRA Member

That cracks me up. My one son (18) has 4 rifles of his own and the other (18) has two.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

Sheep don't like the sheepdogs.
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps79 View Post
    Sheep don't like the sheepdogs.
    We bring the thunder to the BG parades.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

This reminds me of when I was growing up. My Dad had a home business. He did residential wiring, plumbing, heating and air. The garage was converted into a workshop and parts storage. The office was the kitchen table.

A rep from the H&A manufacturer would come up from Nashville to our house to draw the plans for the ductwork for each new job. I always sat at the kitchen table and watched them work.

One afternoon when the rep was working he turned to my Dad and said: “You know, I was a little nervous the first couple of years I came here. This is the first house I have ever been in that has a gun in every corner”!

Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    He may wait for you to leave one day and think there may be good stuff, like other guns to steal.
    I was thinking the same thing; I really don't want anyone to know I have guns in the house unless they find out the hard way.

I do have this question for the OP....

Were you trying to intimidate the person at the door by showing your firearm? If so, what did you accomplish... besides perhaps freightening someone at your door?

I'm probably old fashioned (I'm an older guy) but guns are for protection not intimidation.... especially for a non threatening person who knocks at your door....

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

I always have a gun when I answer the door. I place it inside my belt in the small of my back so the person at the door can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    I always have a gun when I answer the door. I place it inside my belt in the small of my back so the person at the door can't see it.
    So your intent is for anyone at your door to see that you are armed?? And if the gun is in the small of your back... how does the person see it... unless you back up to the door......

In any event I've carried guns most of my life. They are not new to me and I don't feel a "rush" by carrying a firearm. They are there if and when I need them... They are not there to freighten the UPS delivery man.....

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Also works with salesmen trying to sell you mace, tasers, and asp batons that just won't take no for an answer. I had one harass me for a good five minutes, not taken no for an answer. Finally when he got to the baton, I couldn't take it anymore and told him "I'm covered." "By what?," he asked and then I lifted my shirt and showed him. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't done it but I finally got him to leave in a hurry.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Sorry, I don't mean to offend but I think your actions (although admittedly funny) were in poor taste. Nothing was accomplished except intimidation. Now others (more than just the guy) know you have guns and there's likely to be stories that I wouldn't want around the neighborhood. You could have taken the opportunity to explain CCW since you dedecided to make it a subject.

Sorry but I think it was in poor taste.
    Gideon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links