Some logic behind Dr. office no carry

This is a discussion on Some logic behind Dr. office no carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have yet to come across a Dr.s office that does not have a gunbuster out front. It has always bothered me a bit but ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some logic behind Dr. office no carry

I have yet to come across a Dr.s office that does not have a gunbuster out front. It has always bothered me a bit but what can you do, you need medical attention. A couple days ago I went to the Dr. and got prescribed Cipro. I have never had an adverse reaction to any drug I have ever taken but this one I experienced many of the side effects. Anxiousness, paranoia, stiff joints, dizziness, the list goes on. I would in no way carry while under the influence of that stuff cause I did not feel my self. It made me think about how many people may be prescribed this stuff and not thinking about how it is actually affecting them. Even more so in a Dr.s office where sick people congregate. I guess I also just wanted to give a heads up if you get prescribed Cipro to be aware of its side effects.
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

yeah i didnt like cipro either. will never take it again

Someone could leave their firearm in the car, go see the doc and have some bad reaction, get to their car, grab the firearm and go back in. Seems like all the more reason to carry if you're just going in for a check up. If you know you are going to be given something that could impare your judgment then the responsible thing to do is not bring the gun. Just the same as if you were planning on partying and getting drunk.

VIP Member
    Granted, I live in Utah, (one of the gun-friendliest states), but I have never seen a "gun-buster" sign at a doctor office. I've seen hospitals posted, but the signs hold no legality here.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    there is also a possibility that you may be asked to disrobe and be moved to another room...leaving a firearm unattended...

or the doctor might kill you by accident and thn he has to handle the gun situation...

My Doctor doesn't have a gun buster sign. Fox News is on the TVs in the waiting room, and Americas First Freedom is in the magazine rack. And his son is a cop.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

I have been going to my Doctor for the past eight years. The office just posted a gun buster a couple of months ago.

Doesn't really bother me because I always leave my gun in the car when I go in. I don't want the added weight of the gun and holster on my medical records!

I wonder what happens if you are legally carrying concealed and then need to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance? Who looks after your gun? I'm sure that it goes without saying but you cant get in trouble for bringing it into a properly posted hospital since you are of course unconcious..etc I hope.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

I never carry when I visit one of my doctors. I consider too inconvenient to undress, either partially or completely, and have to bother with a gun.

Regards,
    Jerry

I went with my wife to a doctor in Oklahoma City this week, and there was no sign prohibiting carry there. Since I wasn't planning on disrobing, I carried as usual.
    He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

- Luke 22:36 (ESV)

I carry. In the event that I have to disrobe I just do it. Usually the doc leaves the room while you're doing that anyway so no one is there when I "reveal" my EDC.

Anyone in the doc's office who has a problem with my weapon can just say so. If the doc has a problem HE can say so. If he tells me to not bing it inside then I'll find another doc AND tell him why (old doc has personal issues with his patients' lifestyle choices to the point that old doc refuses to provide patient care).

Heck, my experience is a little different. Growing up, there wasn't any anti-gun sign on the doctor's office door. In fact, I knew the doctor was carrying all of the time, anyway. By the way, the doctor was my dad!

Someone could leave their firearm in the car, go see the doc and have some bad reaction, get to their car, grab the firearm and go back in
    I can't think of a drug that would hit you that fast that wouldn't also render you incapable of getting to your car

VIP Member
    I've taken Cipro several times and have never had any side effects. To bad you had the side effects, they can cause some problems...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    My Doctor doesn't have a gun buster sign. Fox News is on the TVs in the waiting room, and Americas First Freedom is in the magazine rack. And his son is a cop.
    I wish I lived in Ohio too so I could go to your doctor. Sounds like a great guy

I love supporting those who support what I believe in.
    Walk softly ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links