CC permit holders as air marshals

This is a discussion on CC permit holders as air marshals within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IIRC, from looking at some TSA requirements pages for info on traveling with firearms, and from speaking to LEO friends, there's a training course of ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: CC permit holders as air marshals

IIRC, from looking at some TSA requirements pages for info on traveling with firearms, and from speaking to LEO friends, there's a training course of some sort that allows LEOs to carry on commercial flights without being an Air Marshall.

Anybody know more about it?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDelivery View Post
    there's a training course of some sort that allows LEOs to carry on commercial flights without being an Air Marshall.

Anybody know more about it?
    Yeah, it's a 45 minute block of instruction telling you to conceal your weapon and that any FAM aboard is in charge.

All FLEOs can carry on commercial flights for any reason. Other than that, LEOs have to have a specific reason.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    If that really did happen, I would never step foot on an airplane. The last thing that I would want is some happy go lucky wandabe air marshal CCW holder blasting everyone but the BG. You have a small area to work with plus people running around....
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Not every problem on a plane is one in which a pistol solution is the answer. Same as on the streets.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I think you need to be a fully trained LEO - with extra emphasis on aviation protection. So no - bad idea. I would not want just anyone with a permit\license to board a plane with a firearm.

Absolutely! Just because a CCW holder might be proficient with a weapon does not mean he is proficient in his knowledge of aircraft design. You cannot go firing off rounds in an airplane.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    People ask me why I hate flying, this would just be another reason. Pass me a Bloody Mary also SteveW and a Screw Driver while were at it.

I concur Sixto.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

It will never happen and it's an awful idea.

If a CCP holder wants to carry on the plane they should sign up to be an Air Marshall and get the appropriate training. It would be so easy for a terrorist to get a CCP. Many of them do not have criminal records, so they would pass the background checks with flying colors. Then we've got terrorists with guns on planes. Absolutely not!

Further, it is extremely dangerous for there to be any guns on any planes Air Marshall or no. It only takes one wayward shot to bring the entire plane down. A CCP holder carrying on a plane would require much much more training than any of us do on our own.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    Not every problem on a plane is one in which a pistol solution is the answer. Same as on the streets.
    X2
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links