Who has the fastest Non-resident turnaround.

This is a discussion on Who has the fastest Non-resident turnaround. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in OK. My county is about 7 weeks out on fingerprints as it is by appt only.Then approx 60-105 days for the turnaround ...

Thread: Who has the fastest Non-resident turnaround.

I live in OK. My county is about 7 weeks out on fingerprints as it is by appt only.Then approx 60-105 days for the turnaround on the license! $200 for ten years or 100 for 5. I go on vacation the first week in March to NM, and would like to be licensed by that time. PA looks like its out as it only issues a non-resident permit to those who live in states without a permit offered, ie there is no permit for your state. Any thoughts guys? Can I open carry in NM being a non-resident?

S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Quote Originally Posted by bigfug View Post
    PA looks like its out as it only issues a non-resident permit to those who live in states without a permit offered, ie there is no permit for your state.
    That's actually not correct. I used my SC permit as the basis for my PA non-res LTCF.
    Unfortunately, PA's not going to help you, though, as you don't yet have your OK permit.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper2501 View Post
    That's actually not correct. I used my SC permit as the basis for my PA non-res LTCF.
    Unfortunately, PA's not going to help you, though, as you don't yet have your OK permit.
    I understand that, but it doesnt meet my needs, ie I need the nonresident while I wait on my resident permit here since we are ridiculously behind. Its just most sites seem to point me to or suggest that I should go for the PA, but that isnt going to do me any good because if I had an OK permit, I wouldnt need a non-resident.

I understand your reasoning, I was just pointing out one thing and highlighting another. The "another" was that, unortunately, you may be out of luck getting a non-res without your home-state permit. I'm willing to admit I could be wrong, though. I'm sure not up on each state's non-res policies. There may be one that will issue a permit. Maybe, if such a state exists, someone will jump in here with some useful info. Good luck.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper2501 View Post
    I understand your reasoning, I was just pointing out one thing and highlighting another. The "another" was that, unortunately, you may be out of luck getting a non-res without your home-state permit. I'm willing to admit I could be wrong, though. I'm sure not up on each state's non-res policies. There may be one that will issue a permit. Maybe, if such a state exists, someone will jump in here with some useful info. Good luck.
    There are states that do, such as Utah, I just dont know the turnaround. Texas does as well. OK has reciprocity with 37-38 states, so I wont need a non-resident once I get it. I dont want to put in for one somewhere that I can, and the wait be as long as what I would expect here in OK. That would just be a waste of my money.

I don't know if OK does things the same way as WA but when I got mine they told me it would be several weeks before I recieved it. I went in on a Wednesday and it was in my mailbox on Saturday.

I assume they tell you longer incase there is an issue such as your name matching some bad guys.

FL's turn time has picked significantly. I know their walk-in turn times are in the neighborhood of 4-6 days. I believe there improvements have resulted in quicker turn times for the mail in apps.

good luck!
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Quote Originally Posted by blankman View Post
    I don't know if OK does things the same way as WA but when I got mine they told me it would be several weeks before I recieved it. I went in on a Wednesday and it was in my mailbox on Saturday.

I assume they tell you longer incase there is an issue such as your name matching some bad guys.
    Almost all tell you they have up to the 90 days, however, I do have first hand knowledge that yes OK is taking that long. My County SO does prints by appt only, and they are booked out 7 weeks on top of that.

here's your best bet honestly email Sheriff Nau because you don't have to have a permit from your own state, that's how IL residents, such as myself get a PA permit. Sheriff Nau will answer your email very quickly just explain your situation and see if you would qualify. Hopefully you do and you'll have it in 6-10 days.

Denny Nau's Site

I had my permit in 7 days. :)
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Hi XXXX - Pennsylvania law requires you obtain a license to carry in your home State (if that state is an issue state) prior to receiving a license in Pa.

Happy Trails .....Denny

Response I just got. Does anyone have an idea of current turnaround times for TX, UT, or FL? FYI, took Denny about 5 minutes to respond, waiting 24 hours on TX to respond.

Links