Georgia Working On Concealed Weapons Law

This is a discussion on Georgia Working On Concealed Weapons Law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is good news for those who live in or travel through Georgia. Let's hope it passes. Georgia Working On Concealed Weapons Law - Greenville ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Working On Concealed Weapons Law

Georgia Working On Concealed Weapons Law

This is good news for those who live in or travel through Georgia. Let's hope it passes.

Georgia Working On Concealed Weapons Law - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I hope they have something for recognizing Ohio's CCW. Its stupid I can travel through every state down to Florida except freekin Georgia!

Yes Sir! There was an excellent turnout from our 'grassroots' group (GeorgiaPacking.org) with some serious support from a few committe members. Thier working HARD for this......BRAVO ZULU!

It's just the first 'baby step' in a long 'marathon'. Calls, emails, and visiable, vocal support have to continue to keep this going.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

looks good, maybe thing are trending in the right direction finally!
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm okay with allowing carry in most places, but I draw the line on bars, etc. No matter how conscienous you may be, you don't know about the other guy, and guns and alcohol don't mix.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Keeping my fingers crossed for sure, but I did hear that the purposed amendment would give weight to the NO CARRY signs when posted by business owners and other establishments. I guess it's a trade off, more places to carry, but the NO CARRY signs would have the weight of law behind um....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Yeah kinda tough for the GA holders to come to NC for South Carolina doesn't honor GA Permit holders.
    "Rhino"

Well, for one thing, the article did not say anything about reciprocity. Does this mean they might be changing and will recognize more states? It may be that this is just good for the citizens of Georgia for now.

Georgia has no reciprocity with my home state of West Virginia. I skated around that via a New Hampshire Non-Resident Permit when we visited the wife's relatives in Claxton.

I'm sure our Attorney General would love to enter into reciprocity with GA. He is one of those who believes in it and is trying to get more states on board.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    I hope they have something for recognizing Ohio's CCW. Its stupid I can travel through every state down to Florida except freekin Georgia!
    And we in GA can't even travel next door to SC. The only way for us to get a compatible SC CCP would be to buy some land in SC and then apply for one there. There is no way to get recipitory with SC (none between GA-SC, no non-resident SC permits and SC doesn't recognize getting one as a non-resident of another recipitory state.)

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Well your AG won't recognize our permits and offer reciprocity because Ga. doesn't require training like Ohio does. Trust me it irritates the poop out of me to disarm somewhere close to Florence, Ky. before I cross the Ohio river into your fine state.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm okay with allowing carry in most places, but I draw the line on bars, etc. No matter how conscienous you may be, you don't know about the other guy, and guns and alcohol don't mix.
    You can carry where alcohol is sold in GA as long as the business derives more income from food rather than alcohol. No one with a carry license in GA can carry a firearm while consuming alcohol. So it is a moot point for GA - since that is law as of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino1965 View Post
    Yeah kinda tough for the GA holders to come to NC for South Carolina doesn't honor GA Permit holders.
    Throw it in the glove compartment as you cross into SC. As long as it has a latch and is closed it can be in the vehicle. Check the SLED site. SC it has to be in a closed container in the vehicle without a permit, NC it has to be open in the vehicle without a permit. Go figure.

LOOKS GOOD !!

We can legally carry in schools, bars, churches, etc. and there has not been one incidence involving a CC holder yet. They have the option to post their facilities No- CCW if they want. However, there have been shootings by gang bangers at some specific bars.... but not by anyone 'legally' carrying a gun. If you aren't responsible enough to not drink while you carry, then maybe you shouldn't carry at all.

I hope you aren't bypassing the state! Georgia law allows for the loaded weapon to be concealed in the glove box. Or, just get a PA non-resident license -- $26 and about a one week wait.

HKR
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed for sure, but I did hear that the purposed amendment would give weight to the NO CARRY signs when posted by business owners and other establishments. I guess it's a trade off, more places to carry, but the NO CARRY signs would have the weight of law behind um....
    I hope not as that would be a major step backwards.

Well, for one thing, the article did not say anything about reciprocity. Does this mean they might be changing and will recognize more states? It may be that this is just good for the citizens of Georgia for now.
    Legislation does not determine reciprocity in Ga, at least not directly. Ga basically recognizes the permit from any state that recognizes ours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links