Utah CFP came in the mail today

This is a discussion on Utah CFP came in the mail today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Getting a few non resident CC permits for a vacation, and Utah just came in the mail today. It took 39 days from the time ...

Thread: Utah CFP came in the mail today

Utah CFP came in the mail today

Getting a few non resident CC permits for a vacation, and Utah just came in the mail today.
    It took 39 days from the time I dropped the app in the mail to my permit arriving today.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

2. Remove Ads

Whats the process to get a non-res in UT? I live in OK, and have taken the course here, but 90+ days is current, plus 7 weeks to get SO for prints, they do appt only, and only during certain hours due to staffing issues

VIP Member
    Congrats!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by bigfug View Post
    Whats the process to get a non-res in UT? I live in OK, and have taken the course here, but 90+ days is current, plus 7 weeks to get SO for prints, they do appt only, and only during certain hours due to staffing issues
    to get a Utah non-res you can't just take a coarse, Utah is specific in that it requires you to take a class from a Utah certified instructor. When I took my class it was here in VT from an instructor in Burlington and he did my fingerprints and everything for me. It was also a 1 on 1 class since not many people in VT care to get a Utah permit. go to the utah website they have a list of certified instructors by state they should do it all for you, at least mine did.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new permit... How CC permits are you getting?
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    Congrats on the new permit... How CC permits are you getting?
    the non resident permit list I have to get is:
    Utah
    Oregon
    Maine
    Connecticut
    That should cover me on our family road trips if I read everything right.
    I've got a lot of family in Connecticut and in Oregon, so we are planing to head out the end of this year or first part of next for a quick trip to OR and then to CT. I'm just starting the permits early so I make sure to get them in order.

bigfug, here is the info from the UT site for instructors in OK:
    OKLAHOMA
    Harry Loyd ............................................ 405-333-2951
    cell .............................................. 405-821-8120
    web site ................... www.weaponhideout.com
    e-mail .................................... hmloyd@mbo.net

Charles Peters ..................................... 918-403-9072
    e-mail ......... cpeters@safehomeconsulting.com
    web site ... http://www.safehomeconsulting.com

I don't know how close they are to you, but they should be able to answer any questions you have, or just go to the Utah site http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedfirearms.html
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    Getting a few non resident CC permits for a vacation, and Utah just came in the mail today.
    It took 39 days from the time I dropped the app in the mail to my permit arriving today.
    SHUT UP!!!! NO ONE CARES!!!

I'm a little jealous......can you tell?! LOL!!!

But seriously CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    SHUT UP!!!! NO ONE CARES!!!

I'm a little jealous......can you tell?! LOL!!!

But seriously CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Congrats, mamakennedy! Utah is a good one to have.

I got my Utah LTC last year. Took an evening class by a guy from Minnesota, who is Utah certified and does classes in Illinois. The class was also good for Florida, as is any class by an NRA instructor. My LTC took about 60 days as I recall. There was someone at the class from a sheriffs department to do the prints. Florida and Utah give you the same number of states to carry in though Florida doesn't accept Utah if you aren't a Utah resident, and Utah is good in Minnesota, Florida isn't. Utah is a little cheaper to get initially, and renewal is $10 for 5 years.
    Last edited by junglebob; January 8th, 2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    to get a Utah non-res you can't just take a coarse, Utah is specific in that it requires you to take a class from a Utah certified instructor. When I took my class it was here in VT from an instructor in Burlington and he did my fingerprints and everything for me. It was also a 1 on 1 class since not many people in VT care to get a Utah permit. go to the utah website they have a list of certified instructors by state they should do it all for you, at least mine did.
    By course, I mean class. It is the course required by the state of OK for their CWP (they refer to it as an SDA permit aka self defense act). So I have taken a class recognized by the state, by an instructor recognized and certified by the state of Oklahoma. I have also taken the required state hunter safety courses, which is necessary in some states for the permit as well.

By course, I mean class. It is the course required by the state of OK for their CWP (they refer to it as an SDA permit aka self defense act). So I have taken a class recognized by the state, by an instructor recognized and certified by the state of Oklahoma. I have also taken the required state hunter safety courses, which is necessary in some states for the permit as well.
    Utah is a little different. They have their own class that they have put together and only those instructors that travel to Utah and get certified to teach the official Utah class are recognized. Any other class or instructor is not recognized by Utah for their CFP requirements...I'm think you might be able to apply for a waver, but that would take time and be more paper work.

If you are really interested in getting a Utah CFP just contact one of the instructors off of the Utah web page I listed above or contact one of the guys I copied the info for above.

Links