Happy day......

This is a discussion on Happy day...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yesterday, one son finished his appointment, processing, for his CC permit. In a 'couple o' weeks' the mailman should be bringing an important envelope. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy day......

Happy day......

yesterday, one son finished his appointment, processing, for his CC permit. In a 'couple o' weeks' the mailman should be bringing an important envelope. It is a satisfying feeling knowing that.

Now to work on another son, which will be more of a challenge. But at first conversation, he is seemingly willing. I just need to continue the nagging there until it comes to bear fruit.
    Last edited by carry ok; January 12th, 2010 at 09:46 PM.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

2. Remove Ads

Wish my parents were like you. I remember having to fight to get my first Air Rifle
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

my parents are both anti. they know I go to the range but are unaware of my CCing.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

I feel your pain,

really! I dread the thought of one of my sons being some imbecilic wastebag's victim! I am not sure, were that to happen, that I could contain myself through the long, arduous, prosecution process. I can only imagine the incredible agony of that.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

I'm with you, when I'm a dad I am going to make sure my children grow up around, and are comfortable (and safe!) with firearms.

My mom's favorite line is "only badguys need guns". She doesnt grasp the concept that those bad guys intend on useing the guns on SOMEONE!
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Bfunk......

maybe something such as a gift of a book would help.http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...g-sheeple.html I wish you the best luck if you are trying to persuade her.......

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Good deal carry ok

I had my daughter taking her CC course even before she was old enough to get it. When she turned 21 eight months later, she was ready to send it in. I thank God my whole family now conceals.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by REVMAN View Post
    Good deal carry ok

I had my daughter taking her CC course even before she was old enough to get it. When she turned 21 eight months later, she was ready to send it in. I thank God my whole family now conceals.
    I look forward to the day I can say that, hopefully.

Most of my family has or has had CCP, Even Grandma for awhile, She is in assisted living now. I have a hard time getting my wife to get hers, she did by a pistol 2 weeks ago (all her own) I had nothing to do with it except handing the guy the money. She has shot it but wasnt all that thrilled about it. She works in Child Protective Services in South Texas. I think she needs it and most of her co-workers carry. Baby steps I guess right now she is in training till April. Hope she gets it before she start traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    Wish my parents were like you. I remember having to fight to get my first Air Rifle
    My father first took me shooting when I was about seven and bought me my first 22 when I was ten. However, I can't convince him to get his CC permit for the life of me.

The same story here, Firkin....

got my first pocket knife for the eighth birthday, and first .22 single shot Revelation Rifle from Western Auto at Christmas, age ten. I had a fortunate childhood.

Our youngest son will be CC'ing in a few months when he turns 21. I encouraged him to fly to Florida for the day to apply for his permit in person so he can get it quicker. One of my Christmas present to him is an NRA Basic Pistol and CC courses. Hubby and I were sorry I did not booked him at Armed Missouri in Mt. Sterling because the crowd that I got for him for instructors are paranoid guys (his word, not mine) and by Christmas he was starting to hate having to go there. I hope when he come home to qualify for his sharpshooting exam for the army, we can get him to go with us for our NRA Personal Protection for the Home course which will coincide at the time when he is here.
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

In Florida....

things are getting better. My son had his appointment at a regional office, last Monday, and was told to expect that important envelope in the mail within two weeks! Best of luck to you and the family, wkientz1....

Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    things are getting better. My son had his appointment at a regional office, last Monday, and was told to expect that important envelope in the mail within two weeks! Best of luck to you and the family, wkientz1....
    Why...thank you kindly sir...Good luck to you and yours too, Carry OK...
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

good job dad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links