Was the law broken?

This is a discussion on Was the law broken? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Local news story, of course there are 2 sides, what do yall think was the law broken?? Corpus Christi, TX | KRISTV.com | - Customer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was the law broken?

Was the law broken?

Local news story, of course there are 2 sides, what do yall think was the law broken??
    Corpus Christi, TX | KRISTV.com | - Customer Speaks Out In Tim's Market Gun Draw
    Last edited by HKtexas; January 13th, 2010 at 09:42 PM.

2. Remove Ads

I don't know if the law was broken, but based on the testimony in the story, I'm gonna say this was pretty clearly a wang bumping contest for two d-bags on who could be the biggest d-bag in the scenario.

Man, Texas got crazy after I left...

Too many details left out, like what was shown in the security cameras. Did he in fact brandish a gun? We don't know. One thing that seems clear to me from both sides, is that the store owner was upset about having to do his job and check the lotto tickets. without all the info, I would say the store owner was the agressor.

Wonder what the video will show? My version, your version, the truth.
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by supryze View Post
    Too many details left out, like what was shown in the security cameras. Did he in fact brandish a gun? We don't know. One thing that seems clear to me from both sides, is that the store owner was upset about having to do his job and check the lotto tickets. without all the info, I would say the store owner was the agressor.
    Yea, from the little info given it sounds like the store owner is at fault. The store owner can't pull a gun just because he saw a gun on the guys belt...
    Mostafa says the only reason he ever pulled out a gun is because while they were arguing, he unintentionally saw a gun in Brady's waist

It's all he said, she said till the videos are seen.

Either way this comes out the coach should have just let this guy rant and went on his way and avoided the situation. Ran the tickets taken his cash/no cash and left and been done with it and then not returned his business there.

This store owner probably had attitude I have no doubt but the video's hopefully can draw a line and we can go from there.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Not enough info as to who was right who was wrong. In Texas they teach conflict resolution in the CHL classes. The Coach should have asked politly for his tickets back and gone elsewhere. Hopefully that CHL holder was not in the wrong because that could be a bad thing for all CHL holders more ammo for the anti gunners.

Someone needs to practice smiling and saying "Have a nice day."

So I am trying to figure out the line about the police having to figure out if he broke the law when he walked into the store with his gun. Unless it is 30.06 or 51% posted I don't see how that would be possible. The only thing I can think of is if his CHL is expired.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    this is just like the majority of the report calls we go on....."victim's" story, "suspect's" story, and the truth somewhere in the middle
    one and sometimes both stories put down on affidavits and turned in to detectives
    then unless there is a independent 3rd party witness or cameras it goes nowhere because the truth can't be verified

if there are cameras in this situation they will tip the scales

if the coach's version is true (and his pistol was not in view) then the store owner might/could be charged with agg assault, and thats a big might

if the owner's version is true then the owner is perfectly justified in pulling the gun based on him seeing the weapon and the coach being belligerent, and not leaving when requested to, I think he could easily articulate that he believed he was in danger

1. the film should be very helpful
    2. I'm wondering how the coach was carrying...appendix, 3:00, IWB/OWB, etc
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So I am trying to figure out the line about the police having to figure out if he broke the law when he walked into the store with his gun. Unless it is 30.06 or 51% posted I don't see how that would be possible. The only thing I can think of is if his CHL is expired.
    yeah, thats what I was thinking, but if it was any of the things you listed I would think it would have been in the story or some action might have been taken
    I don't think any of those were true
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I'd bet the store owner "claimed" to have seen the gun (after the fact) in order to save his a**.

I don't think I would announce "Hey, I've got a gun too" if I had one already pointed at me...
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by HKtexas View Post
    what do yall think was the law broken??
    Impossible to determine, based on this story.

He should have called the cops when he left the store. If he felt he was being threatened with a gun why did he not call? Even cross the street to make the call. Once the gun comes out someone is calling the cops. If I am on the right side of the law I want to be one of the first on the line. It at least tells them you have nothing to hide. Crazy situation over lottery tickets. Moral of the story, lotteries are bad!! lol or.... Guns don't nearly kill people, lotteries do! Even if he picked them up off the ground all he has to do is scan the ticket, good grief.

+1 to the cops

They didn't automatically assume the customer was a BG just because he did have a gun, and wasn't the first one to make the 911 call. They decided to check his paperwork and look at the videos.
    As far as both guys willing to shake hands, I would like to see that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links