MI through OH to KY

This is a discussion on MI through OH to KY within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by booyah ..Its always funny though to cross the MI/OH border on 23 or 75 going into Michigan as traffic picks up 10-15 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MI through OH to KY

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    ..Its always funny though to cross the MI/OH border on 23 or 75 going into Michigan as traffic picks up 10-15 mph in like 100ft. ...
    haha, funny how that is

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    It's a fact known by every Kentuckian that nobody from Michigan or Ohio can drive.

Quote Originally Posted by MgoBlue View Post
    So, we know who has the brains in your family! Go Blue!
    How has Michigan's season been going lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebmik View Post
    How has Michigan's season been going lately?
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Speed limts in MI are just like those in TX - they are only a suggestion!
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

Some funny posts in here! U-M grad here, fellas, but I grew up a Spartan.

Arrived safely without a hitch. I hate Cincin traffic, wow. Not as bad as Detroit but not fun at the tail end of the trip either. I love driving in Kentucky, I'll tell ya'! Must be lots of misplaced Michiganders down here as the speed picked up to just over 80 as I crossed the border. I was looking for the sign indicating the speed limit and the only one I saw said, "Drive it like ya' stole it!"

Sister lives in Louisville but I am in Lexington at the moment (visited client in Mt Sterling) looking for a good gun shop to kill some time this afternoon. Any suggestions?

BTW, I called the Ohio State Patrol and asked my questions to the dispatcher. The answer I received didn't feel quite right so I wrote her name down and the exact time I called. She stated that, "Whatever MI laws are, we will follow." When I asked a second question I received the same answer. I was a bit dubious but if true, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by David in MI View Post

Arrived safely without a hitch. I hate Cincin traffic, wow. Not as bad as Detroit but not fun at the tail end of the trip either. I love driving in Kentucky, I'll tell ya'! Must be lots of misplaced Michiganders down here as the speed picked up to just over 80 as I crossed the border. I was looking for the sign indicating the speed limit and the only one I saw said, "Drive it like ya' stole it!"

Sister lives in Louisville but I am in Lexington at the moment (visited client in Mt Sterling) looking for a good gun shop to kill some time this afternoon. Any suggestions?

BTW, I called the Ohio State Patrol and asked my questions to the dispatcher. The answer I received didn't feel quite right so I wrote her name down and the exact time I called. She stated that, "Whatever MI laws are, we will follow." When I asked a second question I received the same answer. I was a bit dubious but if true, that's cool.
    I dont think that is true since I was told during my ccw training that we had to follow the laws of whichever state we are in...not necessarily the one we are from.

-spoz
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."-Thomas Jefferson

G19

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by David in MI
    I'm so sorry for you.

Ohio definitely does not conform to MI law. They may be similar or even exactly the same in some respects but Ohio LEO will enforce Ohio law not MI law.

Ohio:
    Must inform
    No carry in bars or restaurants that serve alcohol
    "No Guns" signs carry weight of law regardless of placement
    verbage or size
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David in MI View Post

This is probably too late but, the Holy Grail of gunshops is in lexington, BUD'S. Well worth stopping by.

1123 winchester pike lexington, ky. 859-368-0371

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links