MI through OH to KY

MI through OH to KY

This is a discussion on MI through OH to KY within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm leaving within the hour for a weekend trip to Kentucky to see a client and my sister while I'm there. I believe that I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MI through OH to KY

Question MI through OH to KY

I'm leaving within the hour for a weekend trip to Kentucky to see a client and my sister while I'm there. I believe that I should be good-to-go CCing while traveling to the aforementioned destination but wanted to throw this up here to make sure. I will most likely contact the OH State Police as well. Anything that I should be aware of? Please advise!

Also-my sister expressed an interest in going to the range while I'm down there. I have a pistol in my possession that belongs to my Dad. MI law allows me to have this as I have a CPL. Is this the case in OH and KY?

Thanks!!!

Administrator
    Yes, you are OK in both states. Ohio is a must inform state should you get stopped.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks, Sixto. Much appreciated.

Since you have Michigan license plates on your car be very carefull in Ohio. The Ohio State Police LOVE to pull over Michigan cars at the border. (I think it goes back to the days of Bo Schembechler at U of M).

Yeah, I've heard that. Been through OH a number of times, just not carrying. BTW, my intel has informed me that there is no speed limit on the shoulders in OH!

If your carrying while driving through Ohio, the gun has to be on your person, in a closed container, or in either the glove box or center council (so no holsters attached to the car interior or sitting on the floor). Also, a gun is considered loaded if the magazine has rounds in it, even if the gun is in the trunk and the loaded magazines are in the front.....might be something you would want to know.

GO BUCKS
    -spoz
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."-Thomas Jefferson

G19

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spoz View Post
    If your carrying while driving through Ohio, the gun has to be on your person, in a closed container, or in either the glove box or center council (so no holsters attached to the car interior or sitting on the floor). Also, a gun is considered loaded if the magazine has rounds in it, even if the gun is in the trunk and the loaded magazines are in the front.....might be something you would want to know.

GO BUCKS
    -spoz
    I think that law went away last September. Anyone else know for sure?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I think that law went away last September. Anyone else know for sure?
    Yes and no... For a permit holder, it went away. Otherwise, its business as usual. The whole ammo in trunk thing did go away.
    As long as the gun is not accessible from the passenger compartment or it is in plain view, you are OK. (for the non permit holder)
    "Just blame Sixto"

I don't know the laws in MI, OH, or KY, but I just want to say,

GO BUCKS! and Wolverines stink. (I grew up in Ohio and my wife went to U of M. )

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Since you have Michigan license plates on your car be very carefull in Ohio. The Ohio State Police LOVE to pull over Michigan cars at the border. (I think it goes back to the days of Bo Schembechler at U of M).
    Really they do it just because its a well known fact that Michigan drivers drive like their car is on fire, and only 100+MPH winds will put it out.

I swear the kids out hot rodding in Ohio drive 5 under

Its always funny though to cross the MI/OH border on 23 or 75 going into Michigan as traffic picks up 10-15 mph in like 100ft. I think they should add to the "Welcome to Michigan" signs the phrase "The land of reasonable speed limits that are ignored"

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    Its always funny though to cross the MI/OH border on 23 or 75 going into Michigan as traffic picks up 10-15 mph in like 100ft. I think they should add to the "Welcome to Michigan" signs the phrase "The land of reasonable speed limits that are ignored"

I usually speed up when re-entering Michigan so I can blow out all of the carbon that may have formed while driving under the speed limit in Ohio.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I figure you have already left but if not, the weather here in KY. is quiet pleasant for a change. About 48/f at 4:6PM eastern.

Travel safe!

Craig
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

So, we know who has the brains in your family! Go Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebmik View Post
    I don't know the laws in MI, OH, or KY, but I just want to say,

GO BUCKS! and Wolverines stink. (I grew up in Ohio and my wife went to U of M. )

Where are you headed in Ky?

Is U of M a 4 year college?

Go Gators!

-----------------------------------------
    To the OP...
    Drive slowly in OH...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links