Local paper: 10 kidnapped in McDonald's robbery

This is a discussion on Local paper: 10 kidnapped in McDonald's robbery within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Quote from some sheep ---------------------------------- i do not like law enforcement in this county but this was a good job by the officers involved, i ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local paper: 10 kidnapped in McDonald's robbery

Quote from some sheep

----------------------------------
    i do not like law enforcement in this county but this was a good job by the officers involved, i call it like i see it. when they screw up i will post and when the do a great job i will post, it's been a while since i could post anything positive. as for the nra crowd on here, catawbacountynative, it took you three posts to get your grammer right, what makes you think you could shoot an armed criminal under pressure if you can't even type correctly when you get excited. show me ONE example of where a crime was stopped due to someone carrying a concealed weapon and i will show you FIFTY examples of when a kid finds a handgun and kills someone accidentally. i believe there was a 5 year old in charlotte this past week who died because of a handgun. everyone should have a rifle or shotgun to defend their home or go hunting but handguns are only good for crooks and cowards.if you would have been in that mcdonalds with a concealed gun one of 2 things would have happened---1) most likely you would never even pulled it out because you would be too scared, people who feel safe with guns are terrified just as equally when one is pointed at them or 2) you would have pulled it out and got yourself or an innocent civilian shot or best case scenario you would have killed one of the crooks. they deserve to go to jail for a long time but killing them would have been useless, there life is just as valuable as yours and most likely you would be tied up in court for a few years for killing someone when there was no need to. let the crooks get your money and flee, everone walked away alive, there was no need for deadly force and the bad guys are in jail and all of the john wayne impersonators are bragging online about what they would do if they were there. another normal day in catawba county

---------------------------------------------

I love how sheeple assume that guns in the hands of anyone is a bad thing. What about a 5' 2" 125lbs woman defending herself from a 6'2" 280lbs rapist? Or an 80 year old man from a 25 year old thug?

Some people just don't get it...
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we canít allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreeman View Post
    I love how sheeple assume that guns in the hands of anyone is a bad thing. What about a 5' 2" 125lbs woman defending herself from a 6'2" 280lbs rapist? Or an 80 year old man from a 25 year old thug?

Some people just don't get it...
    Take the opportunity to teach: post a reply. That commenter might not get it, but someone else might.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    The scariest part was when the robber herded everyone into the office. That's my trigger point. Even if he's got the drop on me, I'm figuring odds are we're moving to a different crime scene to be executed, so it's time to resist.
    That's my trigger point (cool term!) too. It goes along with something I was taught earlier, if I'm being car-jacked: Don't go with anyone, anywhere, at gun/knife-point. If they're not dealing with you where you are, they're taking you somewhere else - where they can do what they want with you.

Scary stuff.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    One of the situations when nobody got killed this time. That's good. When t o shoot or not to shoot is something I turn over a lot in my mind, as I think everyone on this board does. If I'm just sitting down eating and the guy does a rob and run, and I'm not immediately threatened, then in my mind my chances are better to just be a good witness.

The scariest part was when the robber herded everyone into the office. That's my trigger point. Even if he's got the drop on me, I'm figuring odds are we're moving to a different crime scene to be executed, so it's time to resist. Armed with a gun or not. (This is fiction, but that's what happened to the main character's son in "The Accidental Tourist" This story just reminded me of that).
    That would also get a response from me if I hadn't done something sooner. There is no way in hell I letting anyone herd me to slaughter as long as there is a breath in me.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I suspected the Hamburglar right from the start.

The 10 hostages included Ronald McDonald, Mayor McCheese, Grimace, Birdie the Early Bird, and The Fry Kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiller2 View Post
    Where is the Kidnapping?
    Moving a person as as against their will OR denying movement as against their will is the definition of kidnapping.

The store employees and customers were moved to an office as by the threat.
    That is kidnapping by legal definition and thus the criminal charge, which is very much valid.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

If I'd seen those three walk in, I'd probably have my hand on my gun from the get-go. Like others here, my drawing line would have been when they herded everyone into the office. That's a scary situation and time to look for the earliest opportunity to end the robbery.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

"They also arrested the two people accused of driving the getaway car"

Now that should tip you off to stay home right there. If your friends are SO dumb that you need 2 to drive your getaway car.
    And then they only drove a block away?

Sled

Thanks for the post. I have not been in that one for a long time. It's not really a bad spot either. Just goes to show you. Not sure why they did not just go for the interstate.

I agree that if I am forced to move, I am seriously looking for a chance to make a move. Nothing good happens when you are forced to move at gunpoint.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Well what else do you expect from scum?
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links