Dissapointed with my local Gun Shop - Page 3

Dissapointed with my local Gun Shop

This is a discussion on Dissapointed with my local Gun Shop within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a gun store here at encourages and welcomes OC and CC in their store. They have a sign on the front door. They ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dissapointed with my local Gun Shop

There is a gun store here at encourages and welcomes OC and CC in their store. They have a sign on the front door. They are also not pushy and will just shoot the breeze with you if you'd like. Awesome guys. Beats a lot of other stores in LV.

New Frontier Armory.
    New Frontier Armory- Firearm Sales, Transfers, and Consignment
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    Here is the reply I received. I really do like this store. They are very pro military too. The are fixing to add a range to the Savannah store (already have one in the Hinesville store).
    Sounds like a great outcome.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Here's why I do business with one of my favorite shops.

I was looking for a fobus holster in another shop. I mentioned that I had the handgun and would like to try the holster out but it was loaded. the guy says, "It's a gun shop, take it out and clear it." I bought the holster.

I don't do business with stores that choose to restrict my rights. That includes gun shops. My rights are attached to my money, if one is not welcome then neither is the other.
    Let me know which shop this is so I can check it out next time I'm back home visiting family. When I was home over Christmas, I was having trouble finding gun shops. Most of the ones I frequented when I lived there are gone.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Sounds like a good response. He acknoweldged the employee was misinformed and has been corrected. I like his attempt at humor, "Just keep the thugs, non-law abiding citizens out.". Sounds like a place I would like to visit the next time I'm in Georgia.
    ^YEP^^^^^^^^

Good job; It's great that you cleared up all the misinformation
    Just think if you had not contacted him, then from then-on, you relate what happened to others, and they stopped going there, and so on and so on, a good pro gun business would have been hurt

Here's to alcohol - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -Homer Simpson
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I go to Savannah on business sometimes and always stop in that shop. I just read this thread the first time and I was dumbfounded - glad things got straightened out.
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you ---- with me, I'll kill you all."

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    keep fighting the fight
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Thats strange.

Every gun shop in my area allows carrying, hell Ive OC'ed in all the gun shop where I live.
    And now that I think abotu it, all of the gun shop employees OC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Here's why I do business with one of my favorite shops.

I was looking for a fobus holster in another shop. I mentioned that I had the handgun and would like to try the holster out but it was loaded. the guy says, "It's a gun shop, take it out and clear it." I bought the holster.

I don't do business with stores that choose to restrict my rights. That includes gun shops. My rights are attached to my money, if one is not welcome then neither is the other.
    The store I frequent has this same sign posted. Gotta love it, i just wish I could post it where I work.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

The shop keeper needs to keep in mind that, ITS THE BAD GUY THAT WONT CHECK THE GUN AT THE DOOR...and not the law abiding gun owner.

There's a local gun shop that doesn't allow carry - I don't shop there. There are other stores that don't allow - I don't shop.

While I would NEVER advocate anyone violate the law: As more and more mess hits the blades in more and more places, I become less and less concerned with the pure legalities of where and when I can carry.

If I do it right, no one knows.
    If I don't have it and need it, I might be dead.
    If I need it, the LEAST of my worries is the legality of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramrunnr View Post
    The store I frequent has this same sign posted. Gotta love it, i just wish I could post it where I work.
    Wouldn't happen to be in Hickory would it?

Bugdude I sent you a PM.

I think I am going to be moving to the Savannah area soon actually.

NONE of my greedy local gun shops had ONE brand-new shiny stainless-steel 1911 Colt .45 for less that $800! So, I bought me a purty $890 one at a Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife Show, last Saturday afternoon. My bad-companion gun buddy encouraged me to buy it! He was supposed to stop me!

For those that have not heard (due to location or whatnot), Mission Essentials had a customer injured after bringing in a loaded weapon to sell, and when the weapon was to be cleared, the trigger was pulled and the customer was injured with his own weapon. There IS a reason for everything.

Like some of you have said, concealed is concealed, and me as a LEO I am not going to question that. The customer in this case was not familiar with how to unload his own weapon. Be safe guys.

In one of my local gun shops, a CCWer came in, was showing his gun at the counter, had a negligent discharge, and another customer was shot, the bullet striking him in the side. Fortunately, that customer survived, but suffered extensive injuries. Since then, people coming in must have their guns unloaded and cased when doing business in the store and before going in to the range. Of course, the employees are armed up, so no worries there.

I would imagine some of the stores with similar policies have had similar incidents that caused that policy. There are a lot of people, regardless of whether they are a CCWer or not, that don't practice or are lazy about firearm safety.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links