Virginia Gun Shows - Page 2

Virginia Gun Shows

This is a discussion on Virginia Gun Shows within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by archer51 While I agree an AD/ND can happen anywhere, remember there are many people who go to gun shows who are not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virginia Gun Shows

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    While I agree an AD/ND can happen anywhere, remember there are many people who go to gun shows who are not permit holders. While they cannot carry concealed, many do OC at gun shows. Where do you draw the line? No OC of loaded firearms? No loaded firearms without a permit? That's not going to fly in states like VA where OC without a permit is legal. As goawayfarm stated, it is private property and as such the owners/sponsors rules should be followed. You have the choice of following them or not going.
    You are right and I agree with you, many people that go to gun shows are not permit holders but still OC. Like you say, where do you draw the line? It is also true that it is private property and the owners/sponsors dictate the rules. I am afraid that is the eternal dilemma in a democracy, "where does my democracy end and where does your democracy begin?". Where does the limit go? I guess that the answer will vary depending of who we ask to. That is the reason because I follow the Federal and State laws, not matter if I like them or not.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Am I the only person that thinks this rule is both ironic and useless? I just don't understand what purpose it is supposed to serve.
    It's a feel good rule that does nothing but disarm those W/ no criminal intent in the first place. I routinely ignore such signs

I've never surrendered my ammo at a gun show....and if I did surrender it, that's why I carry a spare mag....and a knife (to cut the zip tie).

Just another "feel good" procedure that does nothing to stop BGs...however, there are some ignorant people who will want to try to fit their loaded gun in a holster....possibly having a ND and harming someone else.

But if my weapon stays in it's holster, why should I take it out again?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I posted this in another thread on another board

In the words of Suzanna Gratia Hupp ( who watched both of her parents die because she obeyed Texas' "No carry Law" )

"I am under no obligation to follow a bad law. "

I absolutely respect the right of a home owner to dictate what is and isn't acceptable on their property.

A business that is open to the public has no right to override my right to life and the defense there of.

Its all about the insurance companies, and since when have they ever been smart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links