I'm dissappointed in Fl. - Page 4

I'm dissappointed in Fl.

This is a discussion on I'm dissappointed in Fl. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Guns and more If taking a class makes you an expert, 16yr. old kids would be great drivers. Passing gets you a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    If taking a class makes you an expert, 16yr. old kids would be great drivers.

Passing gets you a license, now the real learning begins.
    Amen!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I got my FL CWP and I was in class for about 6 hrs and then we went to the range for 4 hours and we fired close to a 100 rounds each at various distances covering safety throughout and scenarios of when / when not to shoot.
    Great course, I thought it was pretty good for a one day safety course. It even changed my wife's perception about guns and gun safety.
    So, in conclusion, I think it was your Instructor who did a crappy job.
    For those who want a complete course in the Miami area:
    Security Arms International: Index

Minimum Requirements

I spent more than ten years butting heads with one facet or another of my state's driver license requirement. I ultimately concluded that my time was better spent getting on with my life.

I feel much the same way about my CWP. As has been well said here, we shouldn't be required to get a license. But it's not worth dwelling on. And since the requirements are offered as minimums, we should all be responsible to go far beyond the state's demands. I have been very fortunate in my instructor---Tommy Vaughn---at THE FIRING LINE in Westland, MI. There, they offer a much more than bare bones class. I'd already gone through a Gunsite course, and had a number of years of practical shooting competition experience, along with almost thirty years of 'carry' background before taking what Tommy offered. Yet I still learned new stuff and was also reminded of a lot that I, more-or-less, had forgot. And I'm going back for more !!
    KS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links