sounds like a good experience overall!
This is a discussion on First time carrying in a store within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my CHP last week! Got it laminated and it now has a nice permanent spot in my wallet. Today was the first time ...
Just got my CHP last week! Got it laminated and it now has a nice permanent spot in my wallet.
Today was the first time I had my p11 on me while out and about. All of saturday and friday I had off and spent it drinking with friends so the keltec was a no-go to join the fun.
It was weird actually. I carried it with one in the pipe but didn't feel like anyone was going to question if I had a weapon. There are always some gangster people in the store right by my house but most recognize me as someone who lives in the area and don't pester me aside from the occasionally hobo asking for change.
I think my p11 will be a permanent accessory for me so long as I'm not drinking or going to be in a prohibited area. As a matter of fact I didn't take it out of my belt and it's still on me. I figure it better to have it poking around the house than to keep it in the safe.
Now I just need to get a 15 rounder that feeds correctly and I'm happy :) I know for my bday my rents are going to get me a laser sight for it and a new holster. Then I'll have everything done to it I could want :)
sudo apt-get install caffeine
Caffeine installed correctly
sounds like a good experience overall!
Congratulations and safe travels.
Fortune favors the bold.
Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.
The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)
Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués
Congrats and be safe!
Always put Jesus first in your life.
NRA (Lifetime Member)
U.S. Navy Vet.
Congrats, be safe and stay armed
Don"t let stupid be your skill set....
And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,
Great that you got your permit. Keep that pistol at least at arms length when not carrying. Experience will kick in after time and training, good luck and stay safe.
Rules for wally world first time out with CHL
by Texasdoc » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:25 pm
I took this from another site and added to it abit
So you got your CHL.
We assumed that you have already chose a proper holster, mag pouch (or suitable combination of substitutes) and cover garment and played dress-up in front of a mirror a couple of hundred times. But now, it is time to go live in the real world. It is time for you to go to WalMart!
1) You must park your vehicle at least 50 yards from the entrance of a regular WallyWorld (75 yards for a SuperCenter.) As you head for the entrance, you must perform a scan of the area including checking under parked vehicles for BGâ€™s (Bad Guys.) Remember, grandma in an electric wheelchair is not a drive-by threat.
1A). Upon exiting car, surrepititiously adjust sidearm. Now don't touch it again unless your pants are about to fall off. Then tighten your belt
2) You MUST drive the shopping cart. No substitutes are allowed. Negotiating aisles full of screaming kids dropping cans of Chef Boyardee while Mom is on the cell phone and trying the latest Rosie Oâ€™Donnell Makeup & Fragrances is a good test of patience and self-control.
3) No quickies! Your stay at WallyWorld must last no less than 45 minutes. You can hang out in automotive and even double check the Rapala lures to see whatâ€™s new to kill an allotted rest time of 10 minutes. The rest of the time you must be on the move. An exception is made if you are with your significant other and she goes for the White Sale madness. You must park, wait and be ready to back your mate if things get hairy with the pillow throws or allergenic bedspreads.
4) You are gonna buy stuff so pick items from the top and bottom shelves to test your cover garment. Your mate can assist you and point out any deficiencies. If you are alone and store security or the cops have not arrived by the time you check out, you passed this test.
5) Check out: make sure you choose the busiest register. People will stand in close proximity and you must bear it with patience and avoiding contact. Beware of the people suddenly remembering a forgotten item and sending their mates to fetch it. They usually will brush against you on the way to get it.
6) Meal Time! If your WallyWorld serves Nachos, go ahead and get yourself a big serving of the suckers and wash it down with a Samâ€™s cola. If McDâ€™s is the choice at the premises, get fries, onion rings, apple pie and a large Coke. ALL MEALS MUST BE CONSUMED ON SITE! No To-Goâ€™s or you will be disqualified.
7) When you leave, repeat the scanning of the parking lot. Remember that now you are also dealing with a shopping cart that rattles like and old train and wants to go right all the time. Do not lose track of your surroundings because of this. If you have a car, open the trunk and introduce all your bags while facing outwards. Pick up Trucks: lower the tailgate and do the same. Keep scanning, you never know where the BGâ€™s might be.
8) REMEMBER: Yellow lights = WallyWorld Security. Red Lights = Cops.
9) - Make test fall on floor in busiest area - near register or anywhere crowded. See if concealment can still be maintained. If you lose that then go back to GO and do NOT collect $200
10) Restroom break (even if you don't have to go), go through the motions, figure out what your going to do with your gun, while sitting on the commode
My first time my pistol weighed a ton. I felt it with every move I made. I felt as if every cop I saw was looking at it.It was weird actually. I carried it with one in the pipe but didn't feel like anyone was going to question if I had a weapon.
Now Its totally different. I can actually understand some of the posts i've seen on here where a person said they forgot they were carrying when they entered a prohibited place.
Hahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!! Love the Wally Walk. I thought it was this one, complete with Bingo.
Glad you posted the Wally Walk Map.
I've got to print some of those Bingo cards for my sisters and my friends. I think we'll have a winner inside of a week.
Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.
Congtats! Welcome to the club!