Defensive Carry banner

I almost had a heart attack from the shock!

6K views 63 replies 52 participants last post by  Patti 
#1 ·
We're sitting in the car on Saturday and Mr. Bunny turns to me and goes "Bunny, where's your gun?" (yes, it really IS my nickname.) So I told him I wasn't carrying, because I'd misplaced my wallet...and I didn't want to carry without ID. And he got this very huffy look on his face, so I asked him if he was actually upset that I wasn't carrying, and he says "YES. I love it when you carry. It's cool, and it makes us safe. I don't like it when you don't."

I almost fell over. :blink:

Then this morning, he asks me if there's a new gun that I wanted. I told him I still had my eye on the Sig P226 X-Five, but I'd love a rifle. And as easily as if we were discussing what to eat for breakfast, he goes "okay. I'll get you whichever one you want."

WOW! My Yankee husband has come a LONG way in the last 8 months! Was there some sort of alien pod-people invasion I wasn't aware of, recently?

This is the man who didn't want a gun in the house,
who wouldn't complete more than 3 hours of the CCW class,
who vowed never to go to the range again,
who said "you have a gun. You don't ever need any more."

Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming. HE'S PRO-CONCEALED CARRY!

See less See more
#28 ·
That's got to be a good feeling. My wife is not real pro OC, but does not mind CC.

We were school shopping and carrying cash. She asked where I planned on keeping it safe while we shopped. I told her cash in my wallet, OC gun on my hip. Seems like a safe place to me. She smiled and I got an "Oh, OK." She's coming around too. Going to the range tomorrow!

Just tell Mr. Bunny you might need some back up one day, and you don't want to have to wait on Bunny Jr. to grow up. hehe :image035: One step at a time. :yup:

#31 ·
Probably the rifle. Nothing screams "Hey you Zombies, come and get some!" like a rifle.

Actually, I want to start hunting (which is a whole 'nother thread. He went from "nobody kills animals in this house! If you want to eat them, go to the store and buy them already dead!" to "here's some camos and a shotgun for Christmas, Bunny." last month...) so something for deer, I think.

Then again, all the other kids...um, I mean "guys at work" have ARs. I kinda want one of those, too. Decisions, decisions.

#38 ·
Actually, I want to start hunting (which is a whole 'nother thread. He went from "nobody kills animals in this house! If you want to eat them, go to the store and buy them already dead!" to "here's some camos and a shotgun for Christmas, Bunny." last month...) so something for deer, I think.
This reminds me of a letter to the editor I saw a few years ago (don't remember the paper) that said:

"To all you hunters who kill animals for food, shame on you! You ought to go to the store and buy the meat that was made there, where no animals were killed or harmed."

At least Mr. Bunny is making progress. :congrats:

#33 ·
Get the X-5 !!!!!!!!!!!!! in .40

:danceban:

:image001:

#35 ·
Baby steps...keep working him...:yup::danceban::comeandgetsome:

If you missed this in one of the threads, let him listen to it. :hand10:YouTube - Carrying Concealed
It's the best 7 minutes he'll spend learning about SD.:yup:IMHO...it's an attention grabber.

#37 ·
Ahh, dump him, he's probably going to go back to his old ways before to long anyway, and if you just give the word ,I COULD be on the outs with my wife, , , Hint hint

Sound like whatever your doing he's likin' it Good luck

Get something in .308, even if you have to have a"black rifle"

"When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die you are smiling and everyone around you is crying."

#42 ·
A .223 is not the best deer caliber but it will get the job done if you learn how to use it. The AR platform has a lot more options in calibers than it used to. IMO, the .223 will take care of the itty bitty deer that are normal in NC and SC. As usual, shot placement is key. I went hunting with a guy that had a .378 weatherby, he hit 2 deer and could not find them. So it's not always the caliber that counts. The sound of that thing going off 100 yrd away made me jump, should have scared the deer to death!

If you go with a straight deer rifle, the .270 has been very good to me.

#43 ·
Man, talk about a role reversal in mindsets! I can’t recall when it’s the female who swing votes the husband on guns. Well, I'm still very pleased to hear it Mrs. Bunny!

#47 ·
That is great news to hear! Not to be too syrupy, but it surely indicates love and respect for you when he supports something that he recognizes that you truly value, even if it isn't his personal interest.

That's a wonderful thing to see in a relationship...enjoy.

#48 ·
My advice would be to get the AR now and the deer rifle later as one never knows which way the political winds will blow.

Yes, the 5.56/.223 can be used on deer, but it's not optimal. It does however make a great antelope gun. It's primary purpose, in my house, is as a "Get off my lawn!" gun.

The shotgun tells them to, "Get out of my house!"

Biker

#49 ·
What ever you're feeding that guy, can I have the recipe. My wife needs a helping or two of it daily. I tried to show her the video "Pro conceled carry video" from this site last night, she just waved her hand at me to dismiss it and said, "Oh I don't care about that stuff, we live in a nice neighborhood. That kinda stuff never.. yada yada yada".:mad:

Congrats on the anti gun conversion. Maybe someday I'll be as successful too. It's doubtful though, been trying for years.:yup:

#51 ·
I was in the same boat as Bunny...so I thought...and yours too because as my DH said, we live in a nice neighbourhood. We already both have our CCWs and he wouldn't carry. Repeatedly, almost every night I asked why. He said it is because he hasn't found the right holster yet -- so I asked "what is the right holster? You already have a bundle of them?" He said they are not comfortable so he need to get one that is. Pushing and pushing a little bit more, he found his holster, tried it many times. Practiced many times more before he really started carrying. Then when he was already carrying comfortably, one day he was about to go out and I asked if he is carrying. I got a snooty reply that he doesn't ask if I am carrying, why should I ask him? Well!! he did asked me several times you know but what can say? Nothing at that time because I do not want to jeopardize my goal for him to carry.

Since then he has been carrying -- everytime...so be patient and stay positive. It helps...maybe you should imitate the technique of one of our poster here and pass her by at night to a seedy corner store. It might do the trick. Sometimes it takes only one shocking scary experience...read and learn, watch and learn.

Cheers....Bunny will cover your back!!!:rofl::rofl:

#53 ·
Bunny, the answer is so obvious to me. Instead of choosing between a Sig pistol or an EBR, get Sig quality in your EBR : The Sig 556!

And since he said he'd get you whatever you want, get a suppressor and SBR it too, just cause you can. :wink:

#54 ·
Bunny,
If you picked him he must have some of the right stuff.
You are making good progress and while he may not ever want to carry or enjoy shooting, he's respecting your choice and appreciating what you are doing to protect the family.
Enjoy the toys. In your case, I'd go for the rifle. Think about an AK47. It's a better caliber (in my opinion) than the .223, and it's cheap enough you might still squeeze out another pistol. Classic Arms has some very good buys.

#56 ·
Ladies, any advice how I can get my wife and daughter to change their minds. My wife is accepting at best. My daughter doesn't even want me to say gun around her kids. Yet she had me give her a gun to keep in her house. It's locked up. Which I think will do as much good as a stick. But I do understand safe gun practices when kids are in the house. I know my son in law influences my daughter in this respect. He's from Jersey. Never fired a gun until he married my daughter and I took them to the range. Any advice would be welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.