I almost had a heart attack from the shock! - Page 4

I almost had a heart attack from the shock!

This is a discussion on I almost had a heart attack from the shock! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's funny, is I had a similar experience with my wife, our roles reversed relative to yours. Congrats and helping him come around....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I almost had a heart attack from the shock!

What's funny, is I had a similar experience with my wife, our roles reversed relative to yours. Congrats and helping him come around.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

That is great news to hear! Not to be too syrupy, but it surely indicates love and respect for you when he supports something that he recognizes that you truly value, even if it isn't his personal interest.

That's a wonderful thing to see in a relationship...enjoy.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

My advice would be to get the AR now and the deer rifle later as one never knows which way the political winds will blow.

Yes, the 5.56/.223 can be used on deer, but it's not optimal. It does however make a great antelope gun. It's primary purpose, in my house, is as a "Get off my lawn!" gun.

The shotgun tells them to, "Get out of my house!"

Biker

What ever you're feeding that guy, can I have the recipe. My wife needs a helping or two of it daily. I tried to show her the video "Pro conceled carry video" from this site last night, she just waved her hand at me to dismiss it and said, "Oh I don't care about that stuff, we live in a nice neighborhood. That kinda stuff never.. yada yada yada".

Congrats on the anti gun conversion. Maybe someday I'll be as successful too. It's doubtful though, been trying for years.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Bunny, that's awesome. I would go for the rifle first, you can get the pistol later in the year if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    What ever you're feeding that guy, can I have the recipe. My wife needs a helping or two of it daily. I tried to show her the video "Pro conceled carry video" from this site last night, she just waved her hand at me to dismiss it and said, "Oh I don't care about that stuff, we live in a nice neighborhood. That kinda stuff never.. yada yada yada".

Congrats on the anti gun conversion. Maybe someday I'll be as successful too. It's doubtful though, been trying for years.
    I was in the same boat as Bunny...so I thought...and yours too because as my DH said, we live in a nice neighbourhood. We already both have our CCWs and he wouldn't carry. Repeatedly, almost every night I asked why. He said it is because he hasn't found the right holster yet -- so I asked "what is the right holster? You already have a bundle of them?" He said they are not comfortable so he need to get one that is. Pushing and pushing a little bit more, he found his holster, tried it many times. Practiced many times more before he really started carrying. Then when he was already carrying comfortably, one day he was about to go out and I asked if he is carrying. I got a snooty reply that he doesn't ask if I am carrying, why should I ask him? Well!! he did asked me several times you know but what can say? Nothing at that time because I do not want to jeopardize my goal for him to carry.

Since then he has been carrying -- everytime...so be patient and stay positive. It helps...maybe you should imitate the technique of one of our poster here and pass her by at night to a seedy corner store. It might do the trick. Sometimes it takes only one shocking scary experience...read and learn, watch and learn.

Cheers....Bunny will cover your back!!!
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post

Feeding him? Well tonight it was angel hair pasta with tomato cream sauce and lobster chunks. Last night it was chicken breasts stuffed with artichoke and ricotta, and butternut squash ravioli in brown butter sauce. (Once upon a time, I was Chef Bunny.)

He's spoiled rotten. It's about time I was too :)

And btw, he won't watch the video, or listen to me talk about guns, or let me practice my classes on him, or come to the range...etc. But at least he's encouraging me to carry, and buying me shiny toys to play with. The man OWES me. I've been doing comic book conventions for well over a decade now for him. And if ever there was a place that would make you want to carry...
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Bunny, the answer is so obvious to me. Instead of choosing between a Sig pistol or an EBR, get Sig quality in your EBR : The Sig 556!

And since he said he'd get you whatever you want, get a suppressor and SBR it too, just cause you can.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Bunny,
    If you picked him he must have some of the right stuff.
    You are making good progress and while he may not ever want to carry or enjoy shooting, he's respecting your choice and appreciating what you are doing to protect the family.
    Enjoy the toys. In your case, I'd go for the rifle. Think about an AK47. It's a better caliber (in my opinion) than the .223, and it's cheap enough you might still squeeze out another pistol. Classic Arms has some very good buys.
    Wisdom of the Older Gunner:
    To carry a firearm and not have to use it is a blessing
    To not carry a firearm and need one is avoidable and sometimes fatal stupidity

That's great Bunny!

Hopefully my wife will see the light one day too.

Take care.

Ladies, any advice how I can get my wife and daughter to change their minds. My wife is accepting at best. My daughter doesn't even want me to say gun around her kids. Yet she had me give her a gun to keep in her house. It's locked up. Which I think will do as much good as a stick. But I do understand safe gun practices when kids are in the house. I know my son in law influences my daughter in this respect. He's from Jersey. Never fired a gun until he married my daughter and I took them to the range. Any advice would be welcome.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Tell her the best way to GUN-PROOF your children and make them SAFE is by educating them! When you take the mystique out of it...

Try talking to her about an NRA basic class, or the Eddie Eagle program for the kids, maybe? Show her online videos of kids who are SAFELY shooting, maybe in competitions and things? Guns don't kill kids, ignorance of safety does. Educate them to keep them safe. Explain to her --and them-- that it's just another tool/machine, like an electric drill, or a car. Once you learn how to operate/store SAFELY, it's no big deal.

Also, something I've seen personally...don't try and press your point too hard. You're "husband" and "father" and sorry, but you will naturally get rebelled against. Not sure why, but I see it all the time. If you can get someone in the know, like an NRA instructor, to talk to them (especially a female), it changes the dynamics. Again, not sure why, it just seems to. Look for one in your area.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Bunny, I hate to be the first one to break this to you, but your hubby is setting you up. Perhaps he just bought a new big screen TV in time for the superbowl.

Congrats!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Wow Bunny. I'm glad for you! Glad he is finally starting to come around. Those darn Yankees (I grew up in Indiana so I can say that!) do eventually wise up. Of course, some of us start out as gun loving, hunting, shooting MEN. Don't know what happened to your hubby to make him the way he was when you found him. But, the good news is, he may qualify for a Man Card in a year or two.

Congrats!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The man OWES me. I've been doing comic book conventions for well over a decade now for him. And if ever there was a place that would make you want to carry...
    Uuhhhhh.....He at LEAST owes ya a gun show or a range trip
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links