Defensive Carry banner

I almost had a heart attack from the shock!

6K views 63 replies 52 participants last post by  Patti 
#1 ·
We're sitting in the car on Saturday and Mr. Bunny turns to me and goes "Bunny, where's your gun?" (yes, it really IS my nickname.) So I told him I wasn't carrying, because I'd misplaced my wallet...and I didn't want to carry without ID. And he got this very huffy look on his face, so I asked him if he was actually upset that I wasn't carrying, and he says "YES. I love it when you carry. It's cool, and it makes us safe. I don't like it when you don't."

I almost fell over. :blink:

Then this morning, he asks me if there's a new gun that I wanted. I told him I still had my eye on the Sig P226 X-Five, but I'd love a rifle. And as easily as if we were discussing what to eat for breakfast, he goes "okay. I'll get you whichever one you want."

WOW! My Yankee husband has come a LONG way in the last 8 months! Was there some sort of alien pod-people invasion I wasn't aware of, recently?

This is the man who didn't want a gun in the house,
who wouldn't complete more than 3 hours of the CCW class,
who vowed never to go to the range again,
who said "you have a gun. You don't ever need any more."

Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming. HE'S PRO-CONCEALED CARRY!

See less See more
#57 ·
Tell her the best way to GUN-PROOF your children and make them SAFE is by educating them! When you take the mystique out of it...

Try talking to her about an NRA basic class, or the Eddie Eagle program for the kids, maybe? Show her online videos of kids who are SAFELY shooting, maybe in competitions and things? Guns don't kill kids, ignorance of safety does. Educate them to keep them safe. Explain to her --and them-- that it's just another tool/machine, like an electric drill, or a car. Once you learn how to operate/store SAFELY, it's no big deal.

Also, something I've seen personally...don't try and press your point too hard. You're "husband" and "father" and sorry, but you will naturally get rebelled against. Not sure why, but I see it all the time. If you can get someone in the know, like an NRA instructor, to talk to them (especially a female), it changes the dynamics. Again, not sure why, it just seems to. Look for one in your area.

#59 ·
Wow Bunny. I'm glad for you! Glad he is finally starting to come around. Those darn Yankees (I grew up in Indiana so I can say that!) do eventually wise up. Of course, some of us start out as gun loving, hunting, shooting MEN. Don't know what happened to your hubby to make him the way he was when you found him. But, the good news is, he may qualify for a Man Card in a year or two.:hand5:

Congrats!

#64 ·
Congratulations on winning over your husband, Bunny. He's come a long way. Be sure to tell him how much that means to you.

Paymeister: That Hell(o) Kitty rifle is totally awesome. Every girl should own one.:image035:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.