Defensive Carry banner

I almost had a heart attack from the shock!

6K views 63 replies 52 participants last post by  Patti 
#1 ·
We're sitting in the car on Saturday and Mr. Bunny turns to me and goes "Bunny, where's your gun?" (yes, it really IS my nickname.) So I told him I wasn't carrying, because I'd misplaced my wallet...and I didn't want to carry without ID. And he got this very huffy look on his face, so I asked him if he was actually upset that I wasn't carrying, and he says "YES. I love it when you carry. It's cool, and it makes us safe. I don't like it when you don't."

I almost fell over. :blink:

Then this morning, he asks me if there's a new gun that I wanted. I told him I still had my eye on the Sig P226 X-Five, but I'd love a rifle. And as easily as if we were discussing what to eat for breakfast, he goes "okay. I'll get you whichever one you want."

WOW! My Yankee husband has come a LONG way in the last 8 months! Was there some sort of alien pod-people invasion I wasn't aware of, recently?

This is the man who didn't want a gun in the house,
who wouldn't complete more than 3 hours of the CCW class,
who vowed never to go to the range again,
who said "you have a gun. You don't ever need any more."

Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming. HE'S PRO-CONCEALED CARRY!

See less See more
#2 ·
I always say, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
He's on his way...

#4 ·
Bunny, let's hope you aren't dreaming, waking up from the Land of Oz and suddenly going back to reality.

People can change. Apparently you have had a positive influence upon him, long enough for him to see that what you believe in is ok, and now he wants to be a part of it.

Either that or he's afraid that since you shoot better than him, he needs to tread lightly around you!

Just kidding Bunny, I couldn't resist that.

#6 ·
... he says "YES. I love it when you carry. It's cool, and it makes us safe. I don't like it when you don't."
Show him how much you appreciate his good sense, since it IS about the safety and well-being of the family.

Congratulations on the sea change, no matter how slow and sublime the change has been. :bier:

#7 ·
See, like I have said with enough time and understanding almost any spouse can be won over. Once they know that it won't go off in its holster and that you're safe with it, they get to appreciate the sense of security it sometimes brings. It's a small step from that to being pro-carry.

Glad to hear it Bunny! My amazing wife walked the same path, so I know how great that feels.

#8 ·
My beautiful fiancee, grew up in a home that was pro-gun, as far as rifles and shotguns for hunting and chores. A handgun was something police carried, and not "normal people". I went several months before telling them I carried concealed. I even removed my CCW, before going into their home so as not to be discovered, and respectful. After finding out the kind of people I deal with on a daily basis (probation and parole), they asked if I carried a gun. I told them yes, that I did on a regular basis , and had one on a lot when they were around me outside of their house. They were astonished at how well I could conceal a gun without any body being the wiser. Now it is just as common as a pocket knife to them, a tool I have with me, to protect myself and their baby girl, my fiancee. She is extremely interested in SD and want to get her permit in the coming months. She has voiced her appreciation for me taking charge of our safety and carrying for her good and mine. Her brother and father have both bought handguns for their wives for protection in the house when they are gone. They bought Hi-points...Ill work on that later. LOL:rolleyes: Congrats on bringing the hubby around.:congrats:

#9 ·
......I think I just heard a door open.....

cool for you Bunny, I know from your previous posts how much this must thrill you

I want to coin a new phrase for us here on the forum....for when we get a family member, friend, etc to see the light on gun ownership/CCW......they are gunnitized :smile:

#12 ·
Sounds great, Bunny---and it is a little entertaining to hear you experiencing the "flip side" of the usual two-body gun problem. :smile:

By the way, if you go with the X-Five, rest assured I will be e-mailing you the next time I have to drive through NC! :yaya:

#13 ·
Nice work being an ambassador for CC. Now you can try apealling to (manipulating) his manhood and ask him how he feels about a woman being the protector of the family. :hand5:

Depending on his personallity of course. Not that I think there is anything wrong with that, just something to give him a hard time about, depending on his personality of course, assuming he is open to that kind of humor.

#14 ·
Already tried. He says since I'm a good shot, and he hates going to the range, it's all in my corner.

Then he bought me THIS shirt. Gotta love the man, he's funny, and VERY brave! lol

T-Shirt Hell :: Shirts :: I SHOULD BE IN THE KITCHEN

But I'll wear it if I get a new X-five out of it. And Kazz, you're welcome to come and play!

#16 ·
That is wonderful news, Bunny. I'm very happy for you, and for "the Mister." I can't help but wonder what brought him over...

Do take him up on that offer - asap.

#18 ·
Ex-Yank here, and yes we have plenty of sterling qualities of our own. :tongue:

#19 ·
Yes you need to let him know that you can't always be there to protect him and that his coming home every night is important to you and bunny junior,then maybe he will take the class

#20 ·
My girlfriend payed for half of my XD9 last year for my birthday, this year she paid for half of my Sig P250... I'm a lucky man :)

#21 ·
Mrs Bunny,

I only have one thing to say:

AWESOME! :danceban:

As for this:

I want to coin a new phrase for us here on the forum....for when we get a family member, friend, etc to see the light on gun ownership/CCW......they are gunnitized
If I were you I would consider Mr. Bunny so gunnitized. :hand10:

Biker

#22 ·
That's great! It's gotta be a good feeling to know someone has that kind of trust and confidence in you.

#24 ·
Bunny,

With you working out, he is probably afraid you'll either kick his butt, or shoot it. Either way, he better get with the program...OR ELSE!!!

#25 ·
That is great! I am so glad your hubby is supportive and hopefully, he'll become more interested in the future.

I was always looking to get my CCL but I was never truly interested until I got my handgun. When I expressed interest in joining the site and learning more about everything... you should have seen look on my boyfriend's face. He lit up like a christmas tree. I would never trade that for anything.

#26 ·
My wife, until she met me, had never been around guns at all. Before we started dating one of my 'range buddies' had told her I had a permit and carried
'everywhere'........I made her nervous. I guess I grew on her or something.....I dunno....she 'liked' me, but I scared her at the same time. One night a drunken transient tried to get into her house.....several times. She called the police, and then her friend. Her friend called me and I 'stood watch' for the next few nights.
All of a sudden, my carrying a gun was a good thing.

Go figure.

She's given me grief before for 'packing that thing' sometimes, and then turns around and will ask me if I'm 'bringing my buddy along too?'

The other day she said I ought to start looking for that shotgun you wanted.

It's a slow process, but our spouses seem to be coming around.

Bravo Zulu Bun!

#27 ·
My girlfriend lives up in Moorsevile and hasn't really had any exposure to guns during her life.

We're going shooting this weekend if the weather holds out. :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.