I almost had a heart attack from the shock!

This is a discussion on I almost had a heart attack from the shock! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We're sitting in the car on Saturday and Mr. Bunny turns to me and goes "Bunny, where's your gun?" (yes, it really IS my nickname.) ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I almost had a heart attack from the shock!

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar

I almost had a heart attack from the shock!

We're sitting in the car on Saturday and Mr. Bunny turns to me and goes "Bunny, where's your gun?" (yes, it really IS my nickname.) So I told him I wasn't carrying, because I'd misplaced my wallet...and I didn't want to carry without ID. And he got this very huffy look on his face, so I asked him if he was actually upset that I wasn't carrying, and he says "YES. I love it when you carry. It's cool, and it makes us safe. I don't like it when you don't."

I almost fell over.

Then this morning, he asks me if there's a new gun that I wanted. I told him I still had my eye on the Sig P226 X-Five, but I'd love a rifle. And as easily as if we were discussing what to eat for breakfast, he goes "okay. I'll get you whichever one you want."

WOW! My Yankee husband has come a LONG way in the last 8 months! Was there some sort of alien pod-people invasion I wasn't aware of, recently?

This is the man who didn't want a gun in the house,
    who wouldn't complete more than 3 hours of the CCW class,
    who vowed never to go to the range again,
    who said "you have a gun. You don't ever need any more."

Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming. HE'S PRO-CONCEALED CARRY!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I always say, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
    He's on his way...
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Congrats on winning him over. Sounds like he's a keeper! Now you need to slowly move him into getting his CCW and carrying himself. Good luck!
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

Bunny, let's hope you aren't dreaming, waking up from the Land of Oz and suddenly going back to reality.

People can change. Apparently you have had a positive influence upon him, long enough for him to see that what you believe in is ok, and now he wants to be a part of it.

Either that or he's afraid that since you shoot better than him, he needs to tread lightly around you!

Just kidding Bunny, I couldn't resist that.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Mic
    ding ding ding... we have a winner folks
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    ... he says "YES. I love it when you carry. It's cool, and it makes us safe. I don't like it when you don't."
    Show him how much you appreciate his good sense, since it IS about the safety and well-being of the family.

Congratulations on the sea change, no matter how slow and sublime the change has been.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    See, like I have said with enough time and understanding almost any spouse can be won over. Once they know that it won't go off in its holster and that you're safe with it, they get to appreciate the sense of security it sometimes brings. It's a small step from that to being pro-carry.

Glad to hear it Bunny! My amazing wife walked the same path, so I know how great that feels.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

My beautiful fiancee, grew up in a home that was pro-gun, as far as rifles and shotguns for hunting and chores. A handgun was something police carried, and not "normal people". I went several months before telling them I carried concealed. I even removed my CCW, before going into their home so as not to be discovered, and respectful. After finding out the kind of people I deal with on a daily basis (probation and parole), they asked if I carried a gun. I told them yes, that I did on a regular basis , and had one on a lot when they were around me outside of their house. They were astonished at how well I could conceal a gun without any body being the wiser. Now it is just as common as a pocket knife to them, a tool I have with me, to protect myself and their baby girl, my fiancee. She is extremely interested in SD and want to get her permit in the coming months. She has voiced her appreciation for me taking charge of our safety and carrying for her good and mine. Her brother and father have both bought handguns for their wives for protection in the house when they are gone. They bought Hi-points...Ill work on that later. LOL Congrats on bringing the hubby around.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    ......I think I just heard a door open.....

cool for you Bunny, I know from your previous posts how much this must thrill you

I want to coin a new phrase for us here on the forum....for when we get a family member, friend, etc to see the light on gun ownership/CCW......they are gunnitized
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Good to hear yet another battle won. Great job Bunny
    Thomas Jefferson - “To George Washington, 1796: One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”

Bunny...keep workin on him...maybe a new Mercedes is not to far off.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Sounds great, Bunny---and it is a little entertaining to hear you experiencing the "flip side" of the usual two-body gun problem.

By the way, if you go with the X-Five, rest assured I will be e-mailing you the next time I have to drive through NC!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Nice work being an ambassador for CC. Now you can try apealling to (manipulating) his manhood and ask him how he feels about a woman being the protector of the family.

Depending on his personallity of course. Not that I think there is anything wrong with that, just something to give him a hard time about, depending on his personality of course, assuming he is open to that kind of humor.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Nice work being an ambassador for CC. Now you can try apealling to (manipulating) his manhood and ask him how he feels about a woman being the protector of the family.

Depending on his personallity of course. Not that I think there is anything wrong with that, just something to give him a hard time about, depending on his personality of course, assuming he is open to that kind of humor.
    Already tried. He says since I'm a good shot, and he hates going to the range, it's all in my corner.

Then he bought me THIS shirt. Gotta love the man, he's funny, and VERY brave! lol

T-Shirt Hell :: Shirts :: I SHOULD BE IN THE KITCHEN

But I'll wear it if I get a new X-five out of it. And Kazz, you're welcome to come and play!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Get him to the gun shop before he sobers up .
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links