4 weeks waiting

4 weeks waiting

This is a discussion on 4 weeks waiting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those who are still waiting for their UT CCWs....... The mail came today and no Utah CCW. It has been exactly 4 weeks since ...

Thread: 4 weeks waiting

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar

4 weeks waiting

For those who are still waiting for their UT CCWs.......

The mail came today and no Utah CCW. It has been exactly 4 weeks since the Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigation has received (on 4/14/06) my completed application packet, passport photo, fingerprint card, drivers license photocopy and USPS money order for $59.

I am presuming that if there was a problem with the paperwork, I would have been contacted already. I hope that this is not the case.

Many on this site have received their CCW in 6 weeks.

Again, it is the stated policy of UT BCI that 60 days must elapse before contacting BCI to check on the status of said permit. Unless I receive it within the next 4 weeks, I'll pick up the phone and call.

Assistant Administrator
    As I have said a good few times - I am amazed at how long some of you folks are kept waiting - yes, KEPT waiting.

If PA can do the whole deal with a simple visit to Sherrif's office and be done inside 30 minutes - then WTH are these other state departments doing - other than procrastination for the sake of it.

I really feel for y'all.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    One of the things many people forget about when discussing Utah processing time is that $24 of the $59 that you send to Utah is for an FBI background check. Part of the wait time then is for Utah to receive the results from the FBI. The FBI check includes running the fingerprint card and I suspect that a good bit of the wait is for that to be done. The work the Utah BCI does is probably just a few days of the total and the rest of the time is consumed by sending the info to the FBI, having the FBI do its background check, and getting the info back from the FBI. If they use the USPS just getting the info to the FBI and back probably takes up two weeks of the time.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Links