Belts - Page 2

Belts

This is a discussion on Belts within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by booyah Cabelas Double duty belt. Best $25 i have ever spent Double layer stitched and very nice overall. Cablea's Double Duty Belt ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belts

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    Cabelas Double duty belt. Best $25 i have ever spent

Double layer stitched and very nice overall.

Cablea's Double Duty Belt

Both me and my father use them
    +1. I have one, and its as good as any. And the price is great. The only thing I didnt like was the buckle (it functioned just fine, but I didnt like the look), so I swapped it out with another buckle I already had.

Quote Originally Posted by silo View Post
    I wear the 5.11 TDU belt. $13, I believe... awesome belt.
    Just ordered mine, been wanting one, hope it is as good as I read....
    Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps! End of list. ---- Dennis Leary

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

A good belt is just as important as a good holster!

I ordered one from Al at agcustomgunleather. Very well constructed, sturdy belt. I use it with my Crossbreed Supertuck when I carry my DW CBOB. Still waiting on my C5 Montana XLT to try out as well. Check em out.

Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
    - Ronald Reagan

ntg
    Second the 5.11...they're plenty stiff and not too expensive. I got mine on this deal: 5.11 Tactical Covert Khaki Pants plus FREE SHIPPING at LA Police Gear. 5.11 covert pants, 511 covert pant, 5.11, 511 Tactical.

My wife is able to hem the legs to fit as my actual size was sold out. The pants are good too. You can get the belts on a screaming deal if your size is XL or larger (see:http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...-closeout.html) and, no, I don't work for them. It's just a heck of a deal IMO.

Choice of tan, tan, or tan. The price is certainly right!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Bit of advice. Don't pinch pennies when it comes to equipment. If you have enough money for a gun, a holster, ammunition, fees for CC classes, etc., you have enough money for a quality belt. If you absolutely cannot come up with the money, I would trade my current firearm for a S&W J Frame (if you don't have one already) install a set of Barhami hip grips and carry it in my waistband. You'd be the best armed skinflint in town. That's how I carry mine when I go down to the Day Old Bread Store. All kidding aside, it would be tragic if you were to be hurt all because you wanted to save 20 or 30 bucks. Buy decent stuff, get good with it, watch over the citizenry. The way things are going it's going to pretty much be our responsibility anyway.
    I am not The Word
    I am the parchment on which
    The Word is written

This is great. You have all given me so many places to look. Keep the info coming. I can surely use it. I appreciate everybody's help.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    Bit of advice. Don't pinch pennies when it comes to equipment. If you have enough money for a gun, a holster, ammunition, fees for CC classes, etc., you have enough money for a quality belt. If you absolutely cannot come up with the money, I would trade my current firearm for a S&W J Frame (if you don't have one already) install a set of Barhami hip grips and carry it in my waistband. You'd be the best armed skinflint in town. That's how I carry mine when I go down to the Day Old Bread Store. All kidding aside, it would be tragic if you were to be hurt all because you wanted to save 20 or 30 bucks. Buy decent stuff, get good with it, watch over the citizenry. The way things are going it's going to pretty much be our responsibility anyway.
    on the other hand dont feel like you have to spend the long buck to get good quality gear...just because it isnt premium priced doesnt mean it isnt premium quality...dont fool yourself...some makers are plenty proud of their product and the price shows it but there are some really good deals out there on quality gear...

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Here's a holsermaker that does belts right...double thickness, quality leather, and she's way too cheap for the market.
    Monica Kuehn Leather, LLC
    She makes some darn nice holsters too.

I saw semi-recently (either here or another forum) mention of belts available at Tractor Supply Co. stores. I picked up one just last weekend, Schmidt's Workwear. Inch-and-a-half, nice and heavy, $20.

So far so good for me (and my EDC is 2.5#, so . . .)
    Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

Ok, I am going to respond to my own post. What if I decided to spend more money and not skimp like fletcher said. I came across some really nice looking dress belts by The Belt Man. What are the opinions of these belts. I know they are more money but there must be a reason. Help please.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jumeda33 View Post
    Ok, I am going to respond to my own post. What if I decided to spend more money and not skimp like fletcher said. I came across some really nice looking dress belts by The Belt Man. What are the opinions of these belts. I know they are more money but there must be a reason. Help please.
    Thanks.
    Beltman belts are pretty much the gold standard of the gun belt industry. They are the one everyone else is compared to. That said you can drop plenty of money there, and it can take a while to get yours.

Like booyah said, it may take a while to get yours. I love mine, but only wear it when I need to dress up and tuck in my shirt exposing my belt. Now, if you want a good belt but dont really care too much what its going to look like (most likely because your shirt will be covering it) then go with the Wilderness Instructor belt. This belt is very comfortable and ridged. Spend the extra money and get the CSM insert and you have the stiffest belt made. Depending on your firearm, you might not need it that stiff but it will never sag either. I carry a HEAVY firearm and its almost like its not even there. A good quality holster and belt, you can confidently hide any firearm (within reason!) on your person with comfort. Spend the money and get what will serve you a long time and is of the best quality on the market. Either Beltman, or Wilderness Instructor. (I personally like the WI)

Kary Welch Designs, custom rigger/ccw belts makes a Wilderness Tactical style for $30 shipped.
    he puts the velcro on the opposite side do as to cover the buckle from scraping against stuff, I quess, but hell do it on the other side if you ask. Plus he has more color options. and styles

and an IDPA style belts:

Gun Belt

Got one of these belts when I ordered their snapslide holster for my pps. Works great for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links