Which State is the friendliest for CC

This is a discussion on Which State is the friendliest for CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have to say UTAH also. Very few restrictions on places we can and can't carry. Carry at public schools, Colleges and Universities are no ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which State is the friendliest for CC

I have to say UTAH also. Very few restrictions on places we can and can't carry. Carry at public schools, Colleges and Universities are no problem. Restaurant carry with alcohol, no problem. Recognized by the most states in the US. I like Utah.
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

2. Remove Ads

CC
    Utah is friendly.

Living in Texas, I wished the 30.06 laws were done away with, and a CHL holder could carry everywhere.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member
    The Utah permits are selling aggressively in the Pacific Northwest.

Reading all of these posts, one question comes to mind. In those states where there is no permit required for CC, how liberal or restrictive are they in the use of deadly force? It occurred to me that the statutes regarding use of deadly force could be more restrictive where there is no requirement for permit. Does no permit equate to no training required either? Texas statutes have provision for use of deadly force for not only our person, but for property as well, and the protection of a third person for everyone CCL or not. Of course there are specific elements that need be in each of these scenarios. I heard a while back that there is a push for open carry here, but I have not confirmed that.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Living in Texas, I wished the 30.06 laws were done away with, and a CHL holder could carry everywhere.
    I think the lawmakers are afraid it would be like old Dodge City on Saturday night.

While some states are much better than others for ccw, I wouldn't move to one just because of the ccw laws.

Somebody mentioned California, probably meant as a joke, but in reality, once you get your California CCW, (Not as difficult as many think) there are very few restrictions on where you can carry. For example, you can carry in a bar or a restaurant that serves alcohol as long as you are not drinking. I have never seen a "no guns allowed" sign anywhere, except courthouses. Federal buildings and schools are off limits of course.

With all that said though, I will be moving to Texas when I retire in about 18 months. Texas gun laws are a part of the reason, but taxes, politics and cost of living are bigger factors.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Are you sure about this one?
    I don't know how to do a link, but he is right. It is a C.C.W. permit. If the weapon is BATF legal you can carry it. And also you can carry as many as you want.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Alabama's pretty good - Only $20 a year for permit.
    Last edited by ArmyCop; January 20th, 2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added for content
    For God, Family and Country!

for real

AZ is the place to be

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    I would agree with this, but I doubt I'd want to live in either of those places. All things considered, I'd much rather stay here in Texas, or somewhere like Arizona or Florida.
    Oh heck no, I'm with you on the moving part partner, I should rephrase that to just the gun friendly part of the conversation and leave out the moving part. I'm staying put, I like to ride my bike 10 months out of the year, can't do that up there LOL.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    The only thing AK and VT have on Utah is CC without a permit. All other restrictions leave Utah as the MOST gun friendly state.

As others have said, CC in schools, (elementary, secondary, and colleges/universities), bars and restaraunts that serve alcohol, very OC friendly. "No gun" signs don't matter, and much more makes Utah the most gun friendly state.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

My biggest complaint with Alaska is having to ask a homeowner if you can enter their house while armed.. Yes, it is their right to say no as private property owners, but still, having to ask permission???????? Out of sight, out of mind.....

it's cold and beautiful and no permit is required. Vermont without a doubt. God I love it here, mountains, skiing, tons of mom and pop shops, and lots of offroad Jeep trails
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

What, no one voted for Illinois?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links