Long term Wear/Tear from back pocket Carry

This is a discussion on Long term Wear/Tear from back pocket Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if I could get some insight on how daily back pocket carry could affect my rohrbaugh r9s over a period of years. ...

Thread: Long term Wear/Tear from back pocket Carry

Long term Wear/Tear from back pocket Carry

I was wondering if I could get some insight on how daily back pocket carry could affect my rohrbaugh r9s over a period of years. I dont find it un-comfortable at all, it feels like a thick wallet. It rides in a Meco holster, so it is safe, but recently I have been courious of the long term damage that sitting on it for 8+ hours a day could have on my favorite gun.

Thanks!!

2. Remove Ads

I carry my Seecamp the same way, and have noticed a slight, almost imperceptible bend to the gun. It even seems the slide cycles slower. I figure that in a few years I will be able to aim straight, and shoot around corners.

Quote Originally Posted by MaricopaKid View Post
    I carry my Seecamp the same way, and have noticed a slight, almost imperceptible bend to the gun. It even seems the slide cycles slower. I figure that in a few years I will be able to aim straight, and shoot around corners.
    LMAO

you can sit on your Rorbaugh all day long; the only thing i'd worry about is your posture. sitting on a hunk of metal isn't healthy dor your spine. it may not hurt now, but you'll be needing a realignment in a few years.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    your sciatic nerve will tell you when youve had enough...in the meantime keep an eye on your guns health...

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I would be more concerned with the health of your back and spine than your gun. You may not notice it(a lot of people carry wallets back there) but it will do a number on your back. If you have no back pain, then I guess continue on, but if it starts to hurt, consider an alternate means of carrying.

As to the actual effects on the gun, sorry, no experience to share there.
    Walk softly ...

Tried rear pocket carrying for some time. Loved the carry but it eventually became a pain in the - - - (literally) so I changed to an IWB approach. Pain went away right away! Loved the pocket carry but the old body said no way!
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

rear pocket carry just isn't practical!!! Sure the " wallet style" holsters look good, but the draw from the rear pocket is akward and slow!!! I find front pocket carry to be better in every way. But if it works for you, great, I can't see any harm to the gun but normal holster wear and tear!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

VIP Member
    I have a permanent LCP imprint on my right butt-cheek. I've been wearing it in for about 6 months now and am pretty-much used to it. Bear in mind that this is a polymer frame too. Time will tell whether it has adverse affects on either my spine or the gun - so far so good.

Been carrying my LCP in my back pocket for a few months now, sitting on it right now as a matter of fact. I've seen no wear to the gun, and it really hasn't bothered my back much because I used to carry a thick wallet in that pocket before going to a money clip.

So far (I have only been carrying this way for 6 months) I have had no back or ass pain at all. I am in my mid 20s though, that may have a bit to do with it.

Two of you mentioned that you back pocket carry an LCP, being that it's all polymer I wonder if that would bend before my aluminum alloy r9s....or vis-versa?

Links