Don't Bring A Handgun To A Rifle Fight (video)

This is a discussion on Don't Bring A Handgun To A Rifle Fight (video) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thats wrong on some many levels...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Bring A Handgun To A Rifle Fight (video)

Thats wrong on some many levels

2. Remove Ads

They showed this video in the academy in order to demonstrate to us how a traffic stop can go bad and having the will to fight. The deputy was so stressed at that moment that when was screaming at his gun to fire, not realizing that he had emptied his magazine and had to reload. He was able to shoot Brannan in the stomach, but Brannan kept on advancing. They were able to track Brannan down and found him hiding under a tool shed or something.

Little did we know that they would spring this same scenario on us during training using sim munitions, with one round designated to fail during the firefight. Fortunately, I fell back to my training, and when my gun jammed, I was able to run around the cruiser while tapping and racking to clear the jam and put 3 or more rounds in his chest. We had to go in one at a time, not knowing if they were going to throw a shoot or no shoot scenario at us.

Being in a small department like that, the deputy probably didn't have the benefit of live fire training like that and didn't have anything to fall back on. I would hope that they have updated the training there to include a scenario like this.

just read the piazza site and if its true hes a D Bag for his ego but it sure reads like a criagslist scam

This should never have been a gun problem. The cop should have beaten him the first time he advanced aggressively. OC spray, Taser, kick him in the balls, whatever.

"Drop the gun sir" is for mincing fairies. Shoot the man.
    Last edited by HotGuns; January 24th, 2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: language workaround

I am speechless after that. RIP sir. As for Piazza, he seems like a low life himself using this as an essentially an advertisement.
    Last edited by HotGuns; January 24th, 2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: language workaround

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

Ugh. I gotta go take a shower. I feel dirty.
    ^^^ Bravo. Shameless and disgusting.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

I agree the shotgun should of come out & he should of taken, cover behind the cruzer like he was taught I am sure, This LEO seemed very in experienced, judging by the video, It looked like the perp had a dog in the front seat with him, also, this guy should of been told to lay face down on the ground, in the first place, & just maby this cop would of had a chance untill backup arrived, deadley descision, RIP officer, Hope the perp was caught & executed, properly.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    The officer should have opened fire as soon as the guy pulled the weapon.
    Big time!

Big mistake not putting the threat down right then. Tough video to watch.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Driver Displayed Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Rich219 View Post
    I'm speechless, the officer should of opened fire immediately after the suspect grabbed his weapon.
    I'll echo this response. The moment the LEO observed the driver pick up the rifle he should have opened fire on the suspect. This is when hestitation made the difference between life & death. I couldn't watch that video a 2nd time either.

I wonder if they've executed this SOB driver yet?
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Originally Posted by Rich219
    I'm speechless, the officer should of opened fire immediately after the suspect grabbed his weapon.
    I'd have had my weapon out as soon as the guy put his hands in his pockets and I damn sure wouldn't have yelled "Put the gun down 5 times"

And while we're here you just saw the difference between training and combat experience.

I grew up in NYC in the bad old days, and the one attempt I remember at implementing single man patrols crashed and burned. I understand that you can't have two officers in every car out on the Georgia highways, but I see a future where it's automated, with the officer initiating the stop, and a robot approaching the vehicle. Either that, or just let the suspect go and track him down later. The price is too high.

jb

That video is disturbing,basically watching a POS shoot an LEO to pieces,I believe in a big city or an officer with more experience would have never let the situation escalate to that point,I'm gonna assume even tho he got death penalty and it's pretty much he's guilty I'm sure he's still sucking oxygen and eating 3 meals a day while he gets to appeal.That is whats wrong with our judicial system,in cases like this where they get the edeath sentence they should be taken to prison given one last meal and then executed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That video is disturbing,basically watching a POS shoot an LEO to pieces,I believe in a big city or an officer with more experience would have never let the situation escalate to that point,I'm gonna assume even tho he got death penalty and it's pretty much he's guilty I'm sure he's still sucking oxygen and eating 3 meals a day while he gets to appeal.That is whats wrong with our judicial system,in cases like this where they get the edeath sentence they should be taken to prison given one last meal and then executed
    I 2nd this motion all the way, our justice system needs to be tweaked in cases like this where it's absolutely clear what happened.

I'm sorry for the kid and his family, it's obvious that they did not prepare this young man for dealing with crazies, not all the way at least. I hope pray his family is doing ok.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    This makes me sick on so many levels.

Yes, the officer should have opened fire as soon as that dirtbag went for the weapon. As soon as he started dancing around like a freak, the shotgun in the cruiser should have come out.

That's bad enough. But for "Dr" Piazza to use this as part of his sales message is just disgusting. I'm all for after-action reviews, with an eye toward learning what could have been done better, so others have better training. But - that should be absolutely separate and distinct from trying to sell your training program.

Piazza makes me want to vomit. This officer had a family, and for Piazza to use this video to sell his school tells me all I need to know about him and his school.

I also saw his ads in "American Rifleman." He calls himself "America's Millionaire Patriot." Gag me! The guy has an ego about as big as Obama's. And he is "giving away" a free XD pistol to his students. Really? I may not be an economist, but even I know that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Ugh. I gotta go take a shower. I feel dirty.
    I agree very low, he has always seemed slimy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL View Post
    Hope the perp was caught & executed, properly.
    They caught him the next following day and he was executed. you can google his name and it will show the court execution order...etc

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links