Thanks, I was just wondering if PDs send officers to that type of trainingActually no, it's been a long time since I carried a badge. This one is on me,
We need to remember that this incident occurred a long time a go in a country that no longer exists. It was a place known as “Pre 9/11 America” Had this occurred today in our country (post 9/11 America) I am sure the suspect would have been at, the very least, tazed as soon as he rushed the officer.
For what it’s worth here are the mistakes I counted as a Non- LEO
1. Letting the suspect get out of the car. I would have had my gun out as soon as he opened the door
2. Letting the suspect get his hands in his pockets. Again, the gun would have come out and I would have been thinking about back up.
3. Since I would have had the gun out when he put his hands in his pockets or opened the door I would have shot his ass a soon as he rushed me. As a part time security guard I can speak to this one, if I don’t know you, you do not approach me at work.
4. Ditto on shooting when he went back to the car
5. Double ditto when he pulled the gun