Tuckable holster videos to help me decide

This is a discussion on Tuckable holster videos to help me decide within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a IWB tuckable holster. Being new at this I don't quite understand how some of them work. The High Noon products ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuckable holster videos to help me decide

I am looking for a IWB tuckable holster. Being new at this I don't quite understand how some of them work. The High Noon products (Hidden Ally, Hidden Impact etc...) makes sense to me because I can see and understand how the shirt would tuck down between the holster and the clip part. It has that long piece that comes away from the holster for the shirt to go between. Now, so many people like the MTAC and Tuckers "The Answer" and Texas Heritage but I don't understand how the shirt gets tucked in. What does it fit behind or go between? Maybe someone has a video or good way to explain this to a rookie holster shopper.
    Thanks in advance to everybody for you help.
    David

Here's a page from Crossbreed with an embedded video. I love mine for my PPS. Hope this helps.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

If you want an inexpensive tuckable holster to try out look at the Kholsters they are awesome and only $49.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

GM
    I have a High Noon Tail Gate horsehide and I like it very much. However, I do not recommend their mag carrier; it rides way to high which makes it very uncomfortable, and it is clumsy too.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

All a tuckable holster does is attach the mounting tabs/clips at the bottom of the holster so that your shirt can go between the mount and the holster body. This is why the tabs/clips have such a long "tail" from the belt part and the screw holes.

A regular IWB attaches the tabs/clips at the top of the holster and there is no room for your shirt in there.

Either holster relies partly on your pants & belt to stabilize & secure the holster while being worn.

Dont expect to tuck your shirt in tight like you would wearing a uniform. The point is concealiblity anyway and doing such things will make your firearm print. you only tuck in as much as you can get, sometimes only about an inch or so. Hope it helps.

High Noon Hidden ally Tuckable holster here love it got no complaints and virtually no wear except on clip(of holster just to be clear)

Get you a good gun belt also, Makes all the difference in the world in the comfort of carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by jumeda33 View Post
    I am looking for a IWB tuckable holster. Being new at this I don't quite understand how some of them work. The High Noon products (Hidden Ally, Hidden Impact etc...) makes sense to me because I can see and understand how the shirt would tuck down between the holster and the clip part. It has that long piece that comes away from the holster for the shirt to go between. Now, so many people like the MTAC and Tuckers "The Answer" and Texas Heritage but I don't understand how the shirt gets tucked in. What does it fit behind or go between? Maybe someone has a video or good way to explain this to a rookie holster shopper.
    Thanks in advance to everybody for you help.
    David

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my Bersa 380 and my S&W M&P 40. They are the most comfortable holster I have worn. Other people have their preference. If you asked 20 people you would probably get 20 different answers. Crossbreed has some videos on their site and you could always seach on youtube.com
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Thanks Doc, I have a S&W M&P 9C, so basically the same weapon that I am looking to holster.

Have to recommend the Supertuck from Crossbreed. Wear it every day, it's comfortable, and allows me to CC pretty easily.

Can anyone explain the difference between the SuperTuck and the MTAC that people talk about?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jumeda33 View Post
    Can anyone explain the difference between the SuperTuck and the MTAC that people talk about?
    Thanks
    Similar product, just different brands and slightly different looks. Both company websites offer plentiful information. I went with the Supertuck b/c of the reputation, guarantee, and proven customer service.

Thanks for the help Glock.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Thanks Major, Seems like almost everyone likes the Crossbreed product. I was always leary of it because it looked so big. That was one reason I was looking at the High Noon products, but it looks like Crossbreed is the most recommended one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links