wally world associate ccw policy - Page 2

wally world associate ccw policy

This is a discussion on wally world associate ccw policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SAMI Hell, I'd still carry. Have you seen the nut jobs in WM? I get the heebies the second i'm 100ft from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wally world associate ccw policy

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Thumbs down Why?

Quote Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
    Hell, I'd still carry. Have you seen the nut jobs in WM? I get the heebies the second i'm 100ft from a WM, let alone walking inside of one.
    Have you checked out the job market lately? You might think twice about risking the only job around.

And if there are so many "nut jobs" in WM, why are you there? Avoidance is the first step in self-protection.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

In certain circumstances, the company may employ off-duty police officers for non-security positions within a given facility. If the police department by which he/she is employed requires him/her to carry a concealed weapon as part of their off duty responsibility, this is in conflict with company policy, and will not be allowed.
    If find this portion to be quite odd. Most employers exempt reserve LEO's and/or off-duty LEO's from the "no weapons" policies, even if they're in a "non-security position".
    I'm a respiratory therapist and a LEO, the hospital I work for does not restrict CC permit holders form carrying on the premises but they do have a no weapons policy for employees. Due to that restriction, I spoke to the HR manager and explained the conflict between the policies of the hospital and the dept, and we discussed the benefits of having an armed LEO on the premises 36 hours a week for free. Taking into consideration that the hospital is very small (25 beds) and very rural, with no security to speak of, that idea was a real plus to her. She spoke to the CEO and they agreed to waive the policy in my case.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
    Me? I don't plan on working for WM... Ever.
    I don't think anyone plans on working for walmart. Someday, you may have no choice.

Just for giggles, the vehicle restriction is unconstitutional in the US 10th circuit court of appeals jurisdiction. It was specific to OK, but should be able to be applied throughout the district. IANAL

Ramsey Winch Inc. v. Henry / Ramsey Winch v. Henry: Upholding Oklahoma?s Forced Entry Law / Article / Employment Law Updates / Employment Legal Updates

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Just for giggles, the vehicle restriction is unconstitutional in the US 10th circuit court of appeals jurisdiction. It was specific to OK, but should be able to be applied throughout the district. IANAL

Ramsey Winch Inc. v. Henry / Ramsey Winch v. Henry: Upholding Oklahoma?s Forced Entry Law / Article / Employment Law Updates / Employment Legal Updates
    Nice find!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links