Is It OK To Use Your CHP To Get Out Of A Ticket?

This is a discussion on Is It OK To Use Your CHP To Get Out Of A Ticket? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i also noticed the trend of got pulled over, notified of chl. talked guns, let off with warning. i dont think the chl got them ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Is It OK To Use Your CHP To Get Out Of A Ticket?

i also noticed the trend of got pulled over, notified of chl. talked guns, let off with warning. i dont think the chl got them out of the ticket alone. i think its a combination of, being polite, not arguing, having a clean background and just being a good citizen. its seems to me that leo will take all that into account about giving ticket or warning. having the chl just adds that your a responible person with a clean background. so if you wouldnt break traffic laws without the chl i wouldnt start after getting your chl.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    i also noticed the trend of got pulled over, notified of chl. talked guns, let off with warning. i dont think the chl got them out of the ticket alone. i think its a combination of, being polite, not arguing, having a clean background and just being a good citizen. its seems to me that leo will take all that into account about giving ticket or warning. having the chl just adds that your a responible person with a clean background. so if you wouldnt break traffic laws without the chl i wouldnt start after getting your chl.
    This is my opinion on it. If you are respectful and show this by calmly talking to the officer about having a CHP and being armed, it can work for deescalation. Even that won't get you out of a ticket and if it doesn't, so be it.

Hell, I once got out a ticket on my motorcycle just because it was the first warm dry day of spring and I told him I got away from myself a bit.

Nothing will get you out of a ticket, but it doesn't hurt circumstance to be upfront and polite to the police officer. Hell I'd do it even if I knew I was getting a ticket just because I realize all the ******** LEO's have to put up with on a daily basis. I figure it lets the leo know there are still some decent citizens out there.
    $cris@caferacer>wakeup.sh
    sudo apt-get install caffeine
    Password:
    Unpacking...
    Caffeine installed correctly
    $cris@caferacer>startday.sh

I went to traffic school a couple months back and the cop teaching it flat out said that they don't give tickets to other cops if it's just speeding.

I've been pulled over 2 times since I got my CCW. No ticket the first time, and ticket with traffic school the second time. Don't know if it made a difference the first time, but obviously not the second.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links