Concealed Handgun permit numbers - Page 2

Concealed Handgun permit numbers

This is a discussion on Concealed Handgun permit numbers within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by FastDraw If I understand you..... you have to have a concealed carry permit just to take a gun to the range....?? Connecticut ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Handgun permit numbers

Quote Originally Posted by FastDraw View Post
    If I understand you..... you have to have a concealed carry permit just to take a gun to the range....??
    Connecticut doesn't have a concealed carry permit; It is a Permit To Carry Pistols and Revolvers.

Without it, one is restricted to their own property or transporting a handgun to a repair facility - cased.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Sadly, yes.
    Please look at your permit and note the word "concealed" appears nowhere on the document.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Please look at your permit and note the word "concealed" appears nowhere on the document.
    Yup, what he said ^^^

The other way to look at it is, CT doesn't require a special "concealed carry" permit, once you've received a pistol permit, you can carry by whatever means you choose.
    Nobody recommends OC-ing here though, because if a scaredy-person calls and complains about you, LEO can take away your permit, and you'll spend the next 3 years trying to get it back. Not worth it to make the OC statement, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by roalho View Post
    scaredy-person calls and complains about you
    We call them flat-landers...
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by roalho View Post
    Yup, what he said ^^^

The other way to look at it is, CT doesn't require a special "concealed carry" permit, once you've received a pistol permit, you can carry by whatever means you choose.
    Nobody recommends OC-ing here though, because if a scaredy-person calls and complains about you, LEO can take away your permit, and you'll spend the next 3 years trying to get it back. Not worth it to make the OC statement, IMO.
    With all due respect, the last time that happened was about three years ago. There's not been a single instance of it happening since - and it didn't take three years for the permit to be reissued.

There are lots of folks here who OC on a regular basis without a MWAG call.

Iowa has 27,000 Concealed Carry Weapon permits, a little under 4% of the population. Yep, that's "Total", 27k. My county is one of the virtual "Shall Issue", and we run slightly higher than average.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alf87 View Post
    Anyone else know how their county is doing with number of permits issued?
    I spent some time on the web trying to find out the total for Colorado, and never found it anywhere...since CWP's in Colorado are issued by county sheriffs, there probably is no state entity that keeps track. I also went to the webpage for Boulder county concealed carry, and couldn't find their total either.

Mike Fontenot

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    With all due respect, the last time that happened was about three years ago. There's not been a single instance of it happening since - and it didn't take three years for the permit to be reissued.

There are lots of folks here who OC on a regular basis without a MWAG call.
    I have never heard this. Every time the subject comes up, the same Ruby Tuesday incident gets mentioned and everyone warns against OC. Guess I gotta get out more.
    Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a congressman can.
    Mark Twain

The world is not dangerous because of those who do harm but because of those who look at it without doing anything.
    Albert Einstein

Mike, I'll get with our concealed permit office and see if they have numbers for Colorado totals and post them here if she can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikcap View Post
    I have never heard this. Every time the subject comes up, the same Ruby Tuesday incident gets mentioned and everyone warns against OC. Guess I gotta get out more.
    - Same here. That RT story has stuck with me. I'd still rather CC so that no one knows that I am carrying.

okaloosa county in north west FL is at about 4.2% are permit holders. at least we're above the state as a whole at 3.7%

Just called VA State Police. Gotta call during business hours I guess. Who would have thought? Waiting on my County to call me back with the info
    Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended

I just saw on the Colorado Concealed Carry forum that the total CWP's issued in Colorado from 2003 (start of shall-issue) through 2009 was about 90,500. That came from a CBI webpage, buried pretty deep in one of many pdf's. There were a LOT of permits issued in 2009 (I don't remember now how many, but it was clearly a BIG uptick).

Mike Fontenot

California:
    See attached county by county numbers as reported by the Cal-DOJ for calendar year 2007.

Then for illustrative purposes I added 2008 population estimates for each county and calculated the percentage of CC permit holders.

Left side of the page is arranged by County Name, the Right side is by percentage of permit holders relative to the county population estimate.

In those counties that allow permits, I expect that there has been considerable growth in the numbers of CC permit holders.

Attached Files

According to GeorgiaCarry.org we have about 300,000 GFLs.

Quoted from Georgia Carry : Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How many GFL holders are there?
    A:
    Currently there are approximately 300,000 GFL holders throughout the state, according to the Judicial Council of Georgia’s Administrative Office of the Courts. That number appears to be significantly increasing each year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links