Silent Thunder by Garrett - Page 2

Silent Thunder by Garrett

This is a discussion on Silent Thunder by Garrett within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jumeda33 Hey Vet, holy crap. What a small world. I work in Vero so I go right through PSL everyday. One of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silent Thunder by Garrett

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by jumeda33 View Post
    Hey Vet, holy crap. What a small world. I work in Vero so I go right through PSL everyday. One of the guys that I work with lives in Sebastian and goes to the range I think you are talking about. I think it is the Indian River range or something like that. My wife and I have never been to an outdoor range so we would like to go there one day and check it out.
    Yep, right off the interstate. Pretty good range. I hate indoor ranges (at least the ones I've been to). The air is always worse than a toxic waste dump. Ventilation is poor if at all.

Be prepared for their "Are you paying attention test" where the guy at the counter will ramble off (as guns are popping outside & I'm hard of hearing) in his "done this a thousand times" speech to sit at the small table to complete the forms. I sat at the "big" table since there was no one else there and was promptly told I failed his test to see if I was paying attention to instructions.

Needless to say, I about walked out or asked for a supervisor to explain that he needs to present "explicit, clear, and non-rambling" instructions if he expects them to be followed. Discretion being the better part of valor, I bit my tongue and got my card.

Likewise, the guys on the line tried telling me something (in a normal voice) as 10-12 pistols were going off in my earplugged ears. Had to tell them to speak up (duh).

Other than they tend to tune out the sound of gunfire and don't speak loudly or clearly, it's a good place to fire rounds.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Yep, right off the interstate. Pretty good range. I hate indoor ranges (at least the ones I've been to). The air is always worse than a toxic waste dump. Ventilation is poor if at all.

Be prepared for their "Are you paying attention test" where the guy at the counter will ramble off (as guns are popping outside & I'm hard of hearing) in his "done this a thousand times" speech to sit at the small table to complete the forms. I sat at the "big" table since there was no one else there and was promptly told I failed his test to see if I was paying attention to instructions.

Needless to say, I about walked out or asked for a supervisor to explain that he needs to present "explicit, clear, and non-rambling" instructions if he expects them to be followed. Discretion being the better part of valor, I bit my tongue and got my card.

Likewise, the guys on the line tried telling me something (in a normal voice) as 10-12 pistols were going off in my earplugged ears. Had to tell them to speak up (duh).

Other than they tend to tune out the sound of gunfire and don't speak loudly or clearly, it's a good place to fire rounds.
    Vet, thanks for the advice especially since I have never been to an outdoor range. I will try to pay attention when the guy talks to me. Maybe someday we will meet up.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Could happen! If you ever want to head up there, send me a PM and maybe we can hook up.

I just felt like the guy at the counter had a "superior" attitude, and everyone who walked in the door for the first time was a dummy. I've been around guns far longer than he and have managed NOT to shoot my eye out yet.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Could happen! If you ever want to head up there, send me a PM and maybe we can hook up.

I just felt like the guy at the counter had a "superior" attitude, and everyone who walked in the door for the first time was a dummy. I've been around guns far longer than he and have managed NOT to shoot my eye out yet.
    Thanks, that sounds like a great idea. Keep in touch.
    David

Wow, that looks like a great IWB holster. I have started to make my own Kydex holsters, but I haven't ruled out buying something if it's better than I can make. That leather lining for a quieter draw is intriguing.

I had seen Tucker's "The Answer", but somehow the Silent Thunder escaped me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Longenecker View Post
    Tucker Gunleather and Garrett Industries are strategic partners. Tucker Gunleather sells most of the holsters that Garrett makes and the business is growing.
    Garrett is innovative and dependable and always looking to improve the product.
    Tucker himself concentrates on his leather gear and Garrett makes the kydex (Silent Thunder). New products are in the works from both sources.
    I'm the common link. I own the Tucker Gunleather website and so I spend all my time with customers on the phone and answering emails, while Tucker and Garrett are working hard to fill the orders.

Does that help explain the relationship?

Rob
    Thanks for the info, Rob. Based on the quality of the product and the great customer service, the strategic partnership must be working very well. I'm looking forward to finding out about the new products.

I will be trying one as soon as funds allow. I actually placed an order earlier in the week for some holster clips to see which deisgn I prefer. I was suprised when my phone alerted me to an email at 11:48 PM to let me know that not only will my clips ship today but also that Rob had changed shipping to save me $8.00. Customer service goes a long way with me. I look forward to a purchase of a holster soon.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Rob Longenecker View Post
    Tucker Gunleather and Garrett Industries are strategic partners. Tucker Gunleather sells most of the holsters that Garrett makes and the business is growing.
    Garrett is innovative and dependable and always looking to improve the product.
    Tucker himself concentrates on his leather gear and Garrett makes the kydex (Silent Thunder). New products are in the works from both sources.
    I'm the common link. I own the Tucker Gunleather website and so I spend all my time with customers on the phone and answering emails, while Tucker and Garrett are working hard to fill the orders.

Does that help explain the relationship?

Rob
    Rob, thanks for answering. I was really wondering when I read the initial post.

I have three Silent Thunders for full sized 1911's (OWB, the original configuration IWB similar to Tucker's leather "The Answer" and the latest fixed/adjustable clip IWB version). I can attest to Rob's excellent communication and Customer Service, he's always been on top of that since my first order.

I did recently break a belt clip catching it on a chair. I suppose it was a fluke and could happen, but am guessing it is rare (never even came close before that incident). And Rob got a replacement out to me right away.

The holster overall is nice and compact, comfortable and very concealable. The draw from the leather lining is smooth as silk, and overall I think it's a great package. I am currently debating which sidearm/holster combination to take on a 4 day jaunt out West for business, and the Silent Thunder from Tucker is very high on the list of contenders.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Sponsor

Thanks, T Bone.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Rob, thanks for answering. I was really wondering when I read the initial post.

I have three Silent Thunders for full sized 1911's (OWB, the original configuration IWB similar to Tucker's leather "The Answer" and the latest fixed/adjustable clip IWB version). I can attest to Rob's excellent communication and Customer Service, he's always been on top of that since my first order.

I did recently break a belt clip catching it on a chair. I suppose it was a fluke and could happen, but am guessing it is rare (never even came close before that incident). And Rob got a replacement out to me right away.

The holster overall is nice and compact, comfortable and very concealable. The draw from the leather lining is smooth as silk, and overall I think it's a great package. I am currently debating which sidearm/holster combination to take on a 4 day jaunt out West for business, and the Silent Thunder from Tucker is very high on the list of contenders.
    Thank you, sir. The fun part of the business is having happy customers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links