Don't mess with hotel workers(video) - Page 2

Don't mess with hotel workers(video)

This is a discussion on Don't mess with hotel workers(video) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; quote: "Leave your guns at home." This was my exact sentiment tonight after taking the Utah class :) The responsibility is really staggering, no matter ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Don't mess with hotel workers(video)

Distinguished Member
    quote: "Leave your guns at home."

This was my exact sentiment tonight after taking the Utah class :) The responsibility is really staggering, no matter now much or what kind of training you do, even worse with the wrong kind of training.
    Last edited by cammo; January 28th, 2010 at 11:17 AM.

3 shots all hitting him must of been in the no kill zone for that sucker to out live 3 gold dot's 40. cal

good shoot. time at the range was well spent.
    Thomas Jefferson - “To George Washington, 1796: One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL View Post
    3 shots all hitting him must of been in the no kill zone for that sucker to out live 3 gold dot's 40. cal
    take my word for it...the human body is surprisingly resiliant....

Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL View Post
    Actually, all the Golden sabre rounds hit the perps CoM, all apparently missed vitals, as well. Two exited and one lodged in the scapula.

And it was a G27, not a G23.
    I'll take a .45 and a large side of JHPs, please.

I just hope the baby can still hear after that....had to have caused some hearing damage.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

just a FYI... im the orignal host of that video... the shooter gave it to me to host for him on youtube back when i used to me on ar15.com
    YouTube - Good guy 1, Bad guy 0, CCW in action unedited

I remember his post a good while back on another forum. I also recall that the child and Mother were much further from the line of fire than the video portrays. From what I recall, he has since left the hotel business and now works at a gun shop! I can't remember if that was posted on the other forum or if they said that on one of those shows on TruTV, which is where I originally saw this video a few years ago.

FYI - I'm a photographer. I can take two people and put them three feet apart. I can now use a wide angle lens (14mm) or a very long lens (200mm) and make them look 8 feet apart or 1 foot apart, respectively.

Even if they were just 2 feet back, it's a shot that might have been necessary. After getting the money, his next words very likely would have been "Now, let's move to the back room!" I think he did a great job.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

JD
    Administrator
    Multiple posts have been removed, if you want to discuss how to/how you train, start a thread in the training section.

His roommate was one of the long standing members on AR15.com and a active poster in the Ohio hometown forums.

I have spoken to him about this incident.

The perp lived and is still serving his prison sentence in an Ohio state pen.

The gun was a Glock 27.

It happened right after Ohio passed their CCW bill.

No charges were brought against the shooter.

He had to wait 3yrs fearing the perp was going to sue him but thankfully never did.

The hotel was not posted.

He left his job shortly after.

The mother and baby were a good 4-5 feet off to the side when he started shooting, the camera angle looks bad, I know.

He is doing just fine as of the last time I talked with him about 2yrs ago.

He was a good kid and stood tall when he had to. I am proud of him.

ETA- I see his roommate posts here, glad to see your still around.
    Why do you own a fire extinguisher when you have the fire department to protect you?

This is what keeps me training, sleeping, SA, and carrying always. This guy should get a medal and national kudos. Good on him!

VIP Member
    I'm very impressed with this guy. He made a tough call on the spot and saved the day.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Great video and good shoot.......

more of these thugs need the same response from CCW holders

Years ago when I was a hotel desk clerk/night auditor I did bring my Taurus 85 (38 spl) to work. This was shortly after I was robbed at gunpoint. I kept the gun in one of the drawers of the desk where I did most of my paperwork for easy access.

One night the general manager visited me. He needed some paperwork for some quarterly reports as I recall. While I was checking a guest in he opened the drawer with my Taurus in it. After the guest had left the lobby I looked back into the inner office and saw him looking at my gun.

He told me in no uncertain terms that having a handgun on property puts the hotel in a tremendous legal liability if ever I had to shoot someone. He told me to remove the gun from the desk & lock it in my car. I did as he requested. He additionally advised me to NEVER bring a gun onto the property ever again. Thankfully he understood why I had it in the desk drawer. But, if it ever happened again I'd be a FORMER desk clerk/night auditor. Nothing was mentioned of this incident ever again the remainder of my time at the hotel.

It's kind of like it "never really happened."
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Years ago when I was a hotel desk clerk/night auditor I did bring my Taurus 85 (38 spl) to work. This was shortly after I was robbed at gunpoint. I kept the gun in one of the drawers of the desk where I did most of my paperwork for easy access.

One night the general manager visited me. He needed some paperwork for some quarterly reports as I recall. While I was checking a guest in he opened the drawer with my Taurus in it. After the guest had left the lobby I looked back into the inner office and saw him looking at my gun.

He told me in no uncertain terms that having a handgun on property puts the hotel in a tremendous legal liability if ever I had to shoot someone. He told me to remove the gun from the desk & lock it in my car. I did as he requested. He additionally advised me to NEVER bring a gun onto the property ever again. Thankfully he understood why I had it in the desk drawer. But, if it ever happened again I'd be a FORMER desk clerk/night auditor. Nothing was mentioned of this incident ever again the remainder of my time at the hotel.

It's kind of like it "never really happened."
    i absolutely cannot stand this type of "corporate" BS......

I would have told him "i can go get another job easily, but getting a new life after im dead would be hard" ......then tell him to take his job and stick it.....and im sure that job wasnt exactly a wealth-making job opportunity........
    Last edited by limatunes; March 24th, 2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: language work around

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links