Don't mess with hotel workers(video)

This is a discussion on Don't mess with hotel workers(video) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Something I found on youtube... Thought we could learn something from it... Notice how the woman with the baby doesn't move when the shooting happens.... ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Don't mess with hotel workers(video)

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar

Something I found on youtube... Thought we could learn something from it... Notice how the woman with the baby doesn't move when the shooting happens....

YouTube - TheArmedCitizen's Channel

Distinguished Member
    OMG talk about getting a toddler and mother in the line of fire.

seriously. her and the baby barley flinch. he fires right in front of there face.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

GM
    Welcome to the forum from FL

The video has been around for a while now; it was in other thread too. I guess that the lady with the child was so surprised that she did not have time to think. The clerk was fast, but the lady with the child was way too close to the line of fire; too many things could have gone wrong.
    Last edited by GM; January 27th, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Well, not sure about that one. Any info on how this turned out? Did the hotel have a no weapons policy?

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    Well, not sure about that one. Any info on how this turned out? Did the hotel have a no weapons policy?
    The dirtbag armed robber in this vid? Dead, his family, dead, his neighbors, dead, all his friends, dead...wait a minute...I'm confusing this vid with a Godfather movie...

Actually, I believe that he was shot, was laying just outside the doorway...and he was arrested.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Read a little about it at NRA CCW instructor stops robber - Video included - Gunatics Forums

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The dirtbag armed robber in this vid? Dead, his family, dead, his neighbors, dead, all his friends, dead...wait a minute...I'm confusing this vid with a Godfather movie...

Actually, I believe that he was shot, was laying just outside the doorway...and he was arrested.
    It sounds to me like you liked the Godfather
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    OMG talk about getting a toddler and mother in the line of fire.
    Welcome to the real world where there will be innocents in front of, next to and behind your target.
    Either be willing and able to make a precision shot under stress or leave your gun at home.
    That's the reality of shooting in the great 360 degree outdoors vs. on a nice range with a 180 line.

per the info on the bottom

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said a desk clerk shot a man who was attempting to rob an east side motel on Saturday night.

Officers said that shortly before 9:30 p.m., a man walked into the Super 8 Motel, located at 2055 Brice Rd., showed a gun and demanded money.

Police said the desk clerk on duty then shot the alleged robber, Antoine Stephens.

Stephens, 20, was transported to Grant Medical Center and was in serious condition on Sunday morning, NBC 4 reported.

Police said he would be charged with aggravated robbery.
    3 shots fired, all 3 hit the bad guy, gun was a glock 23, 40cal with 165g Gold dots

no charges filed agenst shooter, badguy went to prison

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    This is mostly what I was looking for. I wonder though what his employer things about his carrying?

That dude was cool under pressure. Good thing he had the other clerk to block line of sight.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Videos like these are what helps me sleep at night.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

A good reason to have VERY good SA all the time. Seems like that guy pulling the trigger did, it was close but thats what its reallly like. You might have no choice but to pull the trigger and hope that mother does not step the wrong way. I think this guy did an OUTSTANDING job defending everyone else in that room and putting the BG down. GREAT JOB!

As others have said, this is an excellent example of what a real life, real world gun fight is like. There will be innocent bystanders close by. Almost count on it because a dirt bag criminal will want innocents there as a type of protection for him. He will think that you will not fight back because there are too many innocents there and you wouldn't want to take a chance on hurting them. He doesn't care if they are hurt but he is counting on you being too afraid that they may get hurt.

The shots were fired at less that 10 or 15 feet. The bad guy was shot while he was running away. This is significant because the good guy was not charged even though he shot the scum bag while he was running away. I saw an interview the good guy did once. (this good guy from this video) He shot the scum bag as he was running away because he still had a gun in his hand and was trying to point it back at the good guy and the others.

This good guy practiced. He practiced drawing and shooting. He got off 3 shots, at a moving target and scored 3 hits under intense pressure. That is a darn good job if you ask me. He also kept the scum bag covered while waiting for the police to arrive and while covering the downed scum bag he had the presence of mind to tell his co-worker to call the cops.

This kid did it right and should be held up as an example to all of us.

And by the way, the angle the video is shot from makes the lady and the toddler look much closer to the line of fire than they actually are.
    Bark'n and msgt/ret like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links