How do you carry in your car?

This is a discussion on How do you carry in your car? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Center Console is my Browning Hi Power 9mm with 147 GDHP's in the trunk is a Winchester 94 30-30 150 gr. HP's. I live in ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry in your car?

Center Console is my Browning Hi Power 9mm with 147 GDHP's in the trunk is a Winchester 94 30-30 150 gr. HP's. I live in Critter Country.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRabbi View Post
    Center Console is my Browning Hi Power 9mm with 147 GDHP's in the trunk is a Winchester 94 30-30 150 gr. HP's. I live in Critter Country.
    Just remember lets keep our guns ours if you are going to keep them in car at all times please lock them securely. Id rather they get your stereo and not your guns. As for people breaking in your vehicle.

PF-9 Sun visor, passenger side.
    Glock 22, Glock 23, Glock 32, S&W SD9VE, Kahr CM9, Del Ton Echo 316 AR15.

GM
    Always on me, always in the same place.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by mel5051 View Post
    If I'm going to be in the car for an extended period of time I wear my Miami Classic shoulder rig.
    +1 on the shoulder rig.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

There are two options for me, depending on what I am wearing and carrying (CCW). If my primary weapon is being carried in a belt holster OWB, then my back-up (KT 32 or 380) can be moved from RF pants pocket to left inside jacket pocket, or shirt pocket, for easy access. If I do not take the time to attach an OWB holster, then a .38 or 9x19 goes into a small black tote bag (zippered top left open) which gets tucked just underneath the driver's seat, allowing easy access.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Holstered [snapped-strap black-cloth] and loaded Kel-Tec P-11 9mm pistol clipped into drivers-side door pouch and hidden under an umbrella, with loaded spare magazine above it, inside the interior door-gripping groove; both properly positioned and prepared. I have practiced with this spare magazine for quick reloading, making sure that it is laying and pointed the best and easiest way.

Thanks all for the comments. Some good advice from all.

I used to carry in a LaRue bugout bag, now I use a shoulder holster. Whether it's in the car, on foot, whatever.

"Laws can't control the lawless"

Christian Gun Owner

OWB at 3 o'clock, no problem.
    Bosun
    Semper Paratus
    "Never choose a life at sea--it holds you like a prison"

Appendix carry.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Appendix carry, around 1:30. That way all the time.
    Works great in the car or out.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

If I am going into a bad area or driving alot or on the tractor I carry BUG crossdraw.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey WHEC724: Thanks for answer. When you read the law in SC you read the term "on or about your person" when in your car. I understand we have no OC but what does "about your person" mean? I guess, according to the attorney general, it still means in your trunk, in your console etc as opposed to being "on your person", which is your CC permission just transferred to you being in your car. Bottom line: if you are in your car, the firearm is either in your normal or adjusted CC position or in your glove compartment, trunk, console etc. Another question: If you and several friends go off to a gun range and you are in a pickup truck--can you have the weapons (no loaded) on the seat of the truck? There is no other place to put everything.

About 95% of the time, I appendix carry my XD Service. That includes in the car or out. I have practiced drawing from that position, while seatbelted, with my training XD blue gun. I have it memorized. Right hand to the shoulder belt, thumb slide down to the release, push, clear garment, draw, slide over the wheel, present. There are other scenarios that may present and I have taken the time to mentally prepare those with actual practice presentation also.

However... Always remember that you happen to be sitting in one HELL of a huge weapon in it's own right. That slim little gas pedal is your best friend in a confrontation. It's a slim circumstance where you absolutely have to draw a weapon inside your vehicle to defend against a threat from outside your vehicle. If you are so boxed in that you have no avenue of escape while behind the wheel of a weapon weighing at least 3000 pounds, then by all means draw your weapon and prepare to win a fight....

But if you're that boxed in... shame on you for putting yourself in that position. ;)
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links