Here's one for ya.

This is a discussion on Here's one for ya. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm deploying to Korea for a yr and just found out that when i get back we will be moving to SC. Now i have ...

Thread: Here's one for ya.

Here's one for ya.

I'm deploying to Korea for a yr and just found out that when i get back we will be moving to SC. Now i have a VA resident concealed permit but am a legal resident of FL. Where do i stand with SC and reciprocity. Looks confusing to me.

2. Remove Ads

go look at the link posted in main forum handgunlaw.us has all the info you want.

For SC you have to be a resident of the state that issues your permit.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    IN "most" states, members of the service stated there are given the same privileges as a resident.
    Check into that aspect of SC permits.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by 22crew View Post
    I'm deploying to Korea for a yr and just found out that when i get back we will be moving to SC. Now i have a VA resident concealed permit but am a legal resident of FL. Where do i stand with SC and reciprocity. Looks confusing to me.
    Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL)
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

VIP Member
    Since you are no longer a resident of VA, I doubt your resident permit would be valid. Since you are still a legal resident of Florida a Florida permit would be valid, if you have one. Just like VA, SC recognizes military assigned in the state as residents, go ahead and get a SC permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

As military, you can get a SC CWP... go to SLED's website www.sled.sc.gov
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Military stationed in SC are considered "residents". As long as you meet all other qualifications, you are eligible to apply for a permit in SC. As for reciprocity, www.handgunlaw.us will answer those questions for you.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    As military, you can get a SC CWP... go to SLED's website South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
    Your URL was broken for some reason, I edited it inside your quote to make it work.

Links