Got made TWICE in one night

This is a discussion on Got made TWICE in one night within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been patted down several times in an after-church hug. I've never had anyone ask. I think if you don't react in a huge way, ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69

Thread: Got made TWICE in one night

  1. #46
    Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,572
    I've been patted down several times in an after-church hug. I've never had anyone ask. I think if you don't react in a huge way, most people won't think much of it.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    Member Array metallic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Move your body, hip, etc away from their hand.
    I agree with 9MMare, just act like it ain't no thang and just act normally. If you act embarrassed or out of the norm, it's just going to draw even more attention to what just happened.

    "Hey what is that?" *Gently turn* "Oh, it's just my cellphone" vs.
    "Hey, what is that?" *Swat hand away* "None of your business"

    Which one is going to garner more attention?

    As for me, I've only been made when my girlfriend's daughter lifted up my shirt to see what it was she felt under my shirt while we were horsing around in the living room. When her youngest son ran smack dab into my 1911 concealed on my hip, I just ignored it like nothing happened. To this day, he still thinks that he ran into a pager for some reason.

  4. #48
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by metallic View Post
    I agree with 9MMare, just act like it ain't no thang and just act normally. If you act embarrassed or out of the norm, it's just going to draw even more attention to what just happened.

    "Hey what is that?" *Gently turn* "Oh, it's just my cellphone" vs.
    "Hey, what is that?" *Swat hand away* "None of your business"

    Which one is going to garner more attention?


    As for me, I've only been made when my girlfriend's daughter lifted up my shirt to see what it was she felt under my shirt while we were horsing around in the living room. When her youngest son ran smack dab into my 1911 concealed on my hip, I just ignored it like nothing happened. To this day, he still thinks that he ran into a pager for some reason.
    Attention was drawn in the first place; it's still no-one's business what I have under my clothing and only rude, stupid ask, IMHO. Rude, stupid people don't deserve the courtesy of an answer.

    The vast majority of the time I ignore the question. It's only when one of these people insist that I give them my standard come-back.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  5. #49
    Member Array Agent47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    81
    in the case with the photo posing, I felt her hand come down far enough so that she could easily identify by touch the gun's hammer and the back portion of the grip - saying "cell phone" would not have helped because a lot of people know that I carry my cell phone in a back pocket...

    maybe I should get an IPod touch and wear it openly on my hip...
    Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine Class of 2013

  6. #50
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,411
    I don't know.... I mean where's your priorities... I would have told her that I would gladly put the gun up if it would mean a lot more hugging was going to be involved.

  7. #51
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    7,533
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    When people ask what thay bump is, that they feel under my clothing, I just tell them; "It's a medical device." If they continue to insist knowing what it is I tell them; "It's a medical device designed to induce hemmorhage and preserve my respirations and cardiac output."

    Biker
    Medical device designed to induce hemmorhage and preserve my respirations and cardiac output, Eh?.

    Got my eye on you BikerRN
    Keep up the good work!


    "If you put the government in charge of the desert, there would be a sand shortage within ten years." - A very wise man
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

    Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

  8. #52
    Member Array Agent47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    81

    Well speak of the devil...

    I must have REALLY bad luck because it happened again!!!!

    At the superbowl party we were making cracks about the host's sourdough bread he baked and this one guy SLAPS my magazine side!!!

    This time however I reacted like I was in pain.

    Touchy Feely Guy: Dude what is that?
    Me: OW OW OW OW don't touch me there I just worked out that area today, 200 lb deadlift!
    Touchy Feely Guy: No seriously what is it?
    Me: ICE PACK HOLDER!

    Touchy Feely Guy fancies himself quite the Casanova, he's all over some of the pretty girls in our class even though he has a girlfriend back at home, I always see him running his fingers through some girl's hair, stroking her neck or arm, etc - he's also ultra lefty (Anarcho-Syndicalist whatever the hell that is) but practically worships Obama and got into a verbal argument in class with some republicans over the healthcare issue, whatever your stance is on that...

    Lesson to be learned - Stay the heck away from touchy feely people because you never know where their hands are going to land next...
    Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine Class of 2013

  9. #53
    Member Array Riana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by metallic View Post
    When her youngest son ran smack dab into my 1911 concealed on my hip, I just ignored it like nothing happened. To this day, he still thinks that he ran into a pager for some reason.
    Reminds me of my son. More than once, he managed to smack his head into the grip of my J-frame through my jacket while we were out shopping. He's finally learning to just walk on the other side...

  10. #54
    Member Array Aztec23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wichita Kansas
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by alienbogey View Post
    My prepared answer for a question such as "What exactly IS that?":

    "Personal equipment."

    Should stop all but the nosiest from asking any more.
    My reply is it is my colostomy bag, want to see it?

  11. #55
    Member Array Cajun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    99
    A hug at Church, one of the older gents felt my S&W, asked "what is that, a pain pump"? I just looked at him and said "yep, you could call it that". End of conversation.
    D

  12. #56
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent47 View Post
    Touchy Feely Guy fancies himself quite the Casanova, he's all over some of the pretty girls in our class even though he has a girlfriend back at home, I always see him running his fingers through some girl's hair, stroking her neck or arm, etc - he's also ultra lefty (Anarcho-Syndicalist whatever the hell that is) but practically worships Obama and got into a verbal argument in class with some republicans over the healthcare issue, whatever your stance is on that...

    Lesson to be learned - Stay the heck away from touchy feely people because you never know where their hands are going to land next...
    Obviously they enjoy the attention, otherwise a good right cross from one of them would put a stop to it.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  13. #57
    VIP Member Array TedBeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bay City
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
    A hug at Church, one of the older gents felt my S&W, asked "what is that, a pain pump"? I just looked at him and said "yep, you could call it that". End of conversation.
    D
    Yep, that thing will pump a lot of pain into a bad guy!

  14. #58
    Member Array 12 gauge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    307

    Thumbs up

    Can you say Smart Carry? If you get made, you'll be happy about it!

    Keep the 12 close!

  15. #59
    Member Array trekkiejt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    104
    "It's a medical device, it helps keep me alive and I don't wanna talk about it."
    Last edited by trekkiejt; February 12th, 2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Spleling erors... darn iPhone.

  16. #60
    Member Array wormtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    239
    Can you say Smart Carry? If you get made, you'll be happy about it!
    My wife is always trying to guess where I'm carrying.

    Increases my Smartcarry use to lead to more random patdowns.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New girlfriend, date night, got made! dough, but have a new range buddy!
    By chepo06 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2010, 01:13 PM
  2. Custom Made or Home Made?
    By AZ Husker in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM
  3. Got TOTALLY made last night
    By Rollo in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
  4. Had a dud round last night at range. Interesting Night.
    By Biomortis in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 17th, 2009, 09:52 PM
  5. Got made last night by my CHL permit, FYI...
    By Openroad in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: January 19th, 2009, 09:05 AM

Search tags for this page

have her give you twice in one night

,

lluc bags concelaed carry

Click on a term to search for related topics.