Need some insight

Need some insight

This is a discussion on Need some insight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New to the board, thought I would ask this question. So I have tried looking around the internet for this, but an not having much ...

Thread: Need some insight

Need some insight

New to the board, thought I would ask this question.

So I have tried looking around the internet for this, but an not having much luck.

I have my private pilots license and fly to visit clients, family, friends some of which are in SC and others are in surrounding states.

I am going to take the CWP class next saturday and what I am wondering is, since I plan to carry all the time, what are the rules about me hopping in my plane (or one I rent) and flying to somewhere. I know that if its a state w/o reciprocity I'll have to disarm but beyond that anyone know the rules on that.

I avoid the Passenger Terminals with the TSA and other areas where I obviously can't carry but anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks for the feedback

I would think you are responsible to know the state /local laws regarding firearms in each state you would travel to. It's just like traveling by car through different states. You must adhear to all of their laws. Ignorance is no defense. On a recent trip I called each of the highway patrols for each state I would be transitioning. Go on line and there will be laws by state.
    Draw once, Fire twice!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    With a small plane I don't know whether you're interested in Charlotte-Douglass at all, but I believe there's a law that says you can't bring a firearm onto their property at all. I suspect they're thinking primarily of the guy with a pistol in his trunk, but I would investigate it if I were you.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by captainrichhill View Post
    I would think you are responsible to know the state /local laws regarding firearms in each state you would travel to. It's just like traveling by car through different states. You must adhear to all of their laws. Ignorance is no defense. On a recent trip I called each of the highway patrols for each state I would be transitioning. Go on line and there will be laws by state.
    That part I was aware of. The part I am not sure about is the time while I'm in the aircraft/airports.

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    With a small plane I don't know whether you're interested in Charlotte-Douglass at all, but I believe there's a law that says you can't bring a firearm onto their property at all. I suspect they're thinking primarily of the guy with a pistol in his trunk, but I would investigate it if I were you.
    I try and avoid going into CLT - too much of a mad house. I usually use the smaller airports that are the Class C and smaller.

Thanks for the info so far y'all.

I would think you would need to check with each state and individual airports. the tarmac seems to be a secure area, even on small airports. Fuel trucks and storage. I would also look into your licencing authority for your pilots lic. there might actually be laws there as well. I then would run your findings past your lawyer! You are too heavily invested in pilots/ and ccw licence. One screw up, could undermine both licences.
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Suggestion on who to contact

Here is a thought. You could contact the FAA or NASA. They would be able to answer questions along these lines. NASA is not only responsible for Space flight but also for anything having to do with flight systems! Take care, and good luck!
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Sponsored Links