I Would Appreciate If EVERY DC'er Would Read...About The Basics!

This is a discussion on I Would Appreciate If EVERY DC'er Would Read...About The Basics! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jimbofox I learned everything I know about shooting a pistol from watching John Woo movies. :) That was a joke, btw. :)...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I Would Appreciate If EVERY DC'er Would Read...About The Basics!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbofox View Post
    I learned everything I know about shooting a pistol from watching John Woo movies. :)
    That was a joke, btw. :)

2. Remove Ads

Almost everything that I learned, concerning military, aviation, police, communication and photography, is now primative, out-of-date, obsolete and irrelevant, and don't matter much because I've been out of touch. You are only dumb if you cannot learn or relearn or do not have the brains to be retrained by the young.

its scary to think anyone with a clean background can walk into a gun shop and walk out armed and dangerous. i saw some scary stuff at my ccw class. its amazing how little some people now about the firearm they walked into class with that day! you should have to prove you know basic firearm handling, loading and unloading, name some of the main parts and prove overall competance. nope, cash or credit is all you need to get a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    its scary to think anyone with a clean background can walk into a gun shop and walk out armed and dangerous. i saw some scary stuff at my ccw class. its amazing how little some people now about the firearm they walked into class with that day! you should have to prove you know basic firearm handling, loading and unloading, name some of the main parts and prove overall competance. nope, cash or credit is all you need to get a gun.
    Yep, and I think you should have to prove some competency in the use of English and grammar before you are allowed to post on an internet forum. Good thing we all don't get to set the rules for everyone else at our whim.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Yep, and I think you should have to prove some competency in the use of English and grammar before you are allowed to post on an internet forum. Good thing we all don't get to set the rules for everyone else at our whim.
    Nice. Just nice I'll leave it at that.

Hmmm...didnt see any of that stuff listed in the Constitution. Didnt know I had to 'earn' my right to own and carry firearms.

Again: Freedom doesnt mean safe, it means free.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by RunawayGun View Post
    Nice. Just nice I'll leave it at that.
    I should have left the more subtle approach to you guys.

Sorreh.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Ok, couldn't let it go. I think you should have to prove basic competency and apply for a permit before having the right to speak.

First off, I give everybody permission to hijack this thread and follow this topic (like you needed my permission anyway).

O.K..To the topic at hand, first off...GRAMMAR, PLEASE! Secondly, PLEASE read up on what it means to be a true follower of the constitution...specifically, read up on the second amendment and what it means.

I have the right to carry! That right can be taken away, say for instance when you murder someone. We will never win this battle for gun rights with the attitude that you have posted above. We need to be bold and unabashed about what our rights are, as per the constitution!

My original post on this thread is pertaining to how we all need to revisit (or visit for the first time) the basics of shooting a gun. This is not because I feel that everyone who is "allowed" to carry a gun must be a master at shooting it. I really feel strongly on these subjects as they pertain to the rights given to us and afforded to us in the constitution of the United States of America...you my friend are on the side of "gun control" and that is a direction that frightens me.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Quote Originally Posted by RunawayGun View Post
    its scary to think anyone with a clean background can walk into a gun shop and walk out armed and dangerous.

Every day people purchase dangerous items without permits or licenses, poisons, medications, gasoline, hazardous materials, and so on. All could be used to kill people intentionally or accidentally and how many of them are expressly mentioned in the constitution?

i saw some scary stuff at my ccw class.

I see scary stuff every day of my life, the very act of living is scary sometimes. We have a right to free speech, sometimes I fear what others are saying but I don't ask them to be silent.

its amazing how little some people now about the firearm they walked into class with that day!

It's not what they know when they walk in, it's what they know when they walk out that counts. If they are going in for training would that not imply a degree of ignorance of firearms?

you should have to prove you know basic firearm handling, loading and unloading, name some of the main parts and prove overall competance. nope, cash or credit is all you need to get a gun.

Ok, couldn't let it go. I think you should have to prove basic competency and apply for a permit before having the right to speak.
    I'll ask again, where in the constitution does it place ANY limitations on ownership or method of carry?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links