Jury Duty.......some people just need to keep their yapper shut

This is a discussion on Jury Duty.......some people just need to keep their yapper shut within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Treo I'll bet my butt he's a member here Why do you say that?...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82

Thread: Jury Duty.......some people just need to keep their yapper shut

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array rottkeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I'll bet my butt he's a member here
    Why do you say that?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

    NRA Member

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Ex Member Array Treo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,098
    Why do you say that?
    I say that because this forum has a very high percentage of "kill 'em all and who cares if God sorts "em out' posts

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array BugDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Posts
    9,331
    A few random statements about hearing voices, not taking the medication anymore, and referring to yourself in the third person usually gets you out of it with no problem.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


    Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

  5. #34
    Senior Member Array AlexHassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    the North East
    Posts
    552
    Hear in the North East the bible might work, the koran, not so mutch.

  6. #35
    VIP Member Array rottkeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I say that because this forum has a very high percentage of "kill 'em all and who cares if God sorts "em out' posts
    And ''flip em the bird and die like a viking type''? Seems from your posts you have a low opinion of many of the members. Just saying.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

    NRA Member

  7. #36
    New Member Array toolnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oregon City
    Posts
    5

    No Fun

    I recently completed five weeks of grand jury service. Being in a small room with no windows for that many days with the same seven people can try anyone's patience. Four of the seven jurors were gun owners. One of them was very vocal about having a CHL and carrying pretty much all of the time. It got pretty annoying after a few days, because between every case the only two topics of conversation were guns and politics. I love talking about guns, but not with those people. And not all the time. I was really glad when the end of our term rolled around.
    Glock 19 GNS
    CrossBreed SuperTuck

  8. #37
    Senior Member Array wjh2657's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,166
    I have had jury duty more times than I think were my share. I don't mind the time, but the "playhouse" atmosphere of most trials will get to you. I honestly try to leave my "baggage" (bias, opinions, stereotyping ) and yes I do have them, at home and go with the evidence. Problem is with all the play acting that goes on, you rarely ever really know what the real evidence is or what really did happen. Both sides spin a fairy tale and then everybody starts deciding based on their own like or dislike of the defendent and/or the prosecutor. I've seen too many convictions based on Circumstantial Evidence. Circumstantial evidence is a nice way of saying "we don't really have any proof the poor guy did it, but we'll burn him anyway."
    My own advice for those who go to trial: be the one with the crooked lawyer, they are the best at spinning the best fairy tale!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

  9. #38
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,633
    ROFLMAO.... when I had jury duty.... we elected the 18 yr old female in there as the Jury Foreman. She actually did very good in keeping people on track when things got heated during deliberations.

    But, the funny thing is, afterwards the Judge came in and said " I have to ask , how did you decide to elect an 18 yr old as Jury Foreman ". LOL. Because none of us were dumb enough to do it.

  10. #39
    Senior Member Array tbrenke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    ...
    But, the funny thing is, afterwards the Judge came in and said " I have to ask , how did you decide to elect an 18 yr old as Jury Foreman ". LOL. Because none of us were dumb enough to do it.
    now that is priceless...
    I need to remember that if I ever make it past the questionnaire stage.
    I would like to be on at least one in my life.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

  11. #40
    Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Whenever I think about having to be judged by a "jury of my peers"... I become faint and nauseated!
    Amen to this statement, brought to you by the same folks who award the idiot money for spilling hot coffee on himself from McDonalds because the cup didn't say "Hot"
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

  12. #41
    Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lower hudson valley ny
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Not by a long shot, Treo. As a minister, my Bible goes with me everywhere and I have served on several juries in Texas, West Virginia and Maryland.

    The subject of my Bible never came up.
    How about a copy of AMERICAN HAND GUNNER? COMBAT WEAPONS? A RELOADING magazine? How about HUMPTY DUMPTY magazine?
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

  13. #42
    Ex Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    6,960
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    How about a copy of AMERICAN HAND GUNNER? COMBAT WEAPONS? A RELOADING magazine? How about HUMPTY DUMPTY magazine?
    that would be fun. LOL

  14. #43
    Ex Member Array Treo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,098
    And ''flip em the bird and die like a viking type''?
    You might want to google the term. What you find may surprise you

    Seems from your posts you have a low opinion of many of the members. Just saying.
    You don't have to like what I'm saying for it to be true

    Just saying

  15. #44
    Senior Member Array Divebum47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    763
    You don't have to like what I'm saying for it to be true
    And because you say it doesn't mean it's true. I'd submit that the low opinion is pretty much reciprocated.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

  16. #45
    Ex Member Array Treo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,098
    I'd submit that the low opinion is pretty much reciprocated.
    That's ok , my self worth isn't based on the opinion of strangers on the internet.

    You are free to have the last word I'm not participating in this sidebar conversation any further

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Jury Duty Tomorrow
    By CT-Mike in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: March 31st, 2009, 07:12 AM
  2. Jury Duty
    By JrHawk in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 05:10 PM
  3. Jury Duty
    By hogdaddy in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: June 15th, 2008, 08:52 AM
  4. Question about jury duty
    By djturnz in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 13th, 2006, 07:26 PM
  5. Jury duty
    By rocky in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: June 14th, 2006, 10:23 AM

Search tags for this page

chl jury duty
,
harris county jury duty
,
harris county jury duty stories
,

harris county jury duty work

,
harris county missed 2nd jury duty
,
harris county missed jury duty
,
harris county skip jury duty
,

houston jury duty

,
jury duty harris texas how many times
,

jury duty houston

,
missing jury duty in harris county
,
some so called friends should keep their yapper
Click on a term to search for related topics.